post #21 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 02:56 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW GUY View Post
It’s very simple Allstate Inc. is liable they insured that stolen car not the driver. So it doesn’t mater if it’s stolen or not they should pay the clam. And as for the clam if it is a total you should get retail value for that car and if it is moor then 10 years old the mileage is not relevant. By the way I Owen an autobody repair shop so I know how they try to play you.
What's the thing with Kate?

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 03:06 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamada128 View Post
Hi all,
I need an advice from the people who might had the same experience or know what I should do.
Car info: 1993 190E with 2.3 engine with 262000 miles but in Excellent condition.

You can view pix for my car HERE, look at post #8 the ride of the month for July/August.

On 12/31/2008 my car was hit on the side when it was parked by a stolen car.
The stolen car insurance company (Allstate) sent me a denial letter to pay the damages that happened to my car as the car was stolen.
Can they really deny the damage to my car as simple as that?

Then after I got the denial letter I sent it to my insurance company (Geico) to get my car fixed or get paid under Uninsured motorist coverage since I have the basic coverage (No full coverage)

Now the Geico adjuster declared my car a total loss and told me the maximum I would get is $1400 ($2000 - $500 ded- $125 painted car) as that's is the cash value for my car.

I checked the KBB value for the same condition and milage and it came up for $3700 for dealer price ($2500 private seller).

Now the car is in immaculate condition and I have invoices for parts and repairs for like $4000 in the past 2 years to restore the car to it is original condition. That including (Head gasket, Transmission flush and filters, Spark plugs, Wires, rotor and dist cap, Brakes and rotors, radiator, Full exhaust, front and rear shocks, water pump, new wheels and tires, Euro lights, S600 grille, tint, all filters and fluids flush, etc....)

My second question regarding my insurance co (Geico) is:
Can I negoitate the declared cash value of the car with them? or I cannot argue as the adjuster claims that the car is in excellent condition but it has high milage.

Thanks for your advice in advance.
You've got an easy one there. Most states have a $2500 limit on Small Claims Court, take em to court on that amount, those courts always side with the little guy, you don't need an attorney, no lawyers are allowed in small claims court, you just need your documentation for what you claim, the judge makes his decision more on the paperwork submitted than he does on the testimonty. If you want 4,000, and Geico is offering $1400, sue for $2500 plus the $1400 they are offering, and you should qualify to file a claim in small claims court. Use that list price you got, and get a signed statement by someone in the car business saying the car would retail for that much, a Kelly Blue book listing, an affadavit from someone who evokes sympathy like your grandmother who needs to tearfully relate how you loving attempted to restore that fine old car (better if you can get her to testify, in tears preferably) and how proud she was of you and how she is now worried you will kill yourself, at which point she should break down in tears, begging the judge to restore your cash so she doesn't lose her precious grandson. If you have three pieces of documentation and a crying woman, they will usually just give it too you. If you have reciepts, then you have in fact suffered a $4,000 loss, the rat bastard insurance company doesn't have a leg to stand on.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address

Last edited by FeelTheLove; 02-12-2009 at 03:11 PM.
post #23 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 05:30 PM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
If that doesn't work, send TOM JONES over to their house to beat them within an inch of their lives using only salami and metal funnels, then fuck 'em in the ass!
post #24 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 05:34 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
yeah man, mention how it took you off the path of drugs and mischief. If you have a police/criminal record that abruptly stops about the time you got the car you got yourself a case.
post #25 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 06:00 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: 03 Corvette Z06;08 GMC Acadia;84 230CE MANUAL Euro;12 Acura TL Tech Pkg; 02 Lexus LS430 Ultra Luxury
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Go to NADA and get the price for excellent shape. Then go to your credit union or bank and ask them to issue you a letter stating that they loan according to nada guide, and actually they do and if you belong to a credit union then most of them actually finance 100% of the value. Once you get these 2 things, check out the completed auctions on ebay, print them out. Also look at RETAIL prices in your area on autotrader and print out the ads. Fax all these documents to your insurance adjuster.
post #26 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: 93 190E 2.3, 94 E320 (sold), 01 E320, 99 S320
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
I just faxed the appraiser 30 pages of online ads from all over the internet; Criagslist, Ebay, Cars.com, Autotrader, I also included 3 pages from KBB, Nada and Edmunds.
Price ranged from $2500 to $6000 for milages from 89k to 245k.

Hopefully it works.
post #27 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 07:31 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2005
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've got a semi from all this "screw the insurance company" talk.

I think someone here can "complete the deal" with a little "fuck the taxman"......
post #28 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 07:56 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)
^The insurance co. has to fight and so do you. What is your beef?
post #29 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 07:58 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2005
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Unsatisfied......
post #30 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 09:12 PM
Forum Administrator RC Colas & Moon Pies

Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle: 1981 380SL 151K: 2001 E320 4Matic Estate 147K: 2008 E350 Sport 4Matic 120K: 2005 S500 116K
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1273 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR View Post
If that doesn't work, send TOM JONES over to their house to beat them within an inch of their lives using only salami and metal funnels, then fuck 'em in the ass!
Nice ghillie suit. You nailed me before I even knew you were there.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in