post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-11-2009, 10:42 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: My Two Left Feet
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
NSA Story - KPBS

Did any body get to see this last night? As I was enjoying a nice glass a wine I fortunately stumbled on the very beginning of this broadcast of the NSA's involvement in collecting information prior, during and after 9/11. I must say I was overly hurt watching this. It wasn't a conspiracy theory show either. At this point I don't care any more about the GOV poking in on my phone calls because I feel like the days of privacy are done and there is nothing we can do to stop that. I also knew about the sophisticated communication tracking systems since I learned about fiber optic cables. All in all it was a very sad show. It pulled me in two ways, because on one side if this show was correct 9/11 could have been prevented over and over again, or at least averted. On the other hand because of their miss haps we have lost many freedoms. It truly makes me wonder with all that information, did some one allow 9/11 to take place, honestly.

I swear I am going to right a fiction novel called "Invisible Line".

3. Paul Hamm, Gymnast: I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father.

Last edited by slybydesign; 02-11-2009 at 10:44 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-11-2009, 10:48 AM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
relax, they already know about BWOT... I know!
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-11-2009, 10:48 AM
Brentwood MB

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
You should be saddened, it is all true. It could have been prevented,and should have been. Therefor, we have to ask, why was that not the case,and who benefited from the outcome. Does any of the actions of these past 7 plus years give you any Idea's. By the way all we say here right now is MONITORED!!
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-11-2009, 11:12 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1999 ML320
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Yeah, wasted an hour watching some dude peddling his book about the NSA, totally lacking in details and actual data.
The hijackers were living in a motel which on clear day can be seen from the top floor of the Balwer NSA building.... ooooh , scary,
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-11-2009, 11:20 AM
Forum Administrator RC Colas & Moon Pies

Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle: 1981 380SL 151K: 2001 E320 4Matic Estate 147K: 2008 E350 Sport 4Matic 120K: 2005 S500 116K
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1277 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by slybydesignw210 View Post

I swear I am going to right a fiction novel called "Invisible Line".
Ooo...just a bit too late, sly.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-11-2009, 11:28 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlfun View Post
Yeah, wasted an hour watching some dude peddling his book about the NSA, totally lacking in details and actual data.
The hijackers were living in a motel which on clear day can be seen from the top floor of the Balwer NSA building.... ooooh , scary,
Thats what I am talking about. Wow, I didn't to chicken littles about this guy trying to profit of off the 9/11 victims. If he really wanted to make his case he would have made his book free to download on the internet.

What really sticked me was how much information they (NSA, FBI, and CIA) knew and the little they did. They tried to put the blame on law, but they are the law. They clearly knew about the present danger and after the attacks on our Navy ship, they should have stepped their game up, yet instead they fumbled the ball, Americans died, and we got stripped of the very thing that is supposed to assist in our privacy. One would need to ask Bush and his band of criminals who benefited from 9/11. One thing that becomes clearer every year is that the GOV collectively could have done something about it.

It also is said to know that public companies are tracking our every word. How does that make you feel. If I say a word it triggers a system to record my entire conversation and every conversation I will have in the future with no limit to when some one should stop listening. Technology will be the dome of freedom if it hasn't happened already. Companies like AT&T and Google have so much information there is no room for assumption and one can be charged with just thinking of something. I am really thinking of the fictional book, "Invisible Line". Who in our GOV and Private sector is walking it.

3. Paul Hamm, Gymnast: I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-11-2009, 11:31 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digmenow View Post
Ooo...just a bit too late, sly.

This is what I am talking about, how they did that so fast, I just posted this today

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-11-2009, 01:33 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
It was a very good show. Spy Factory is one of the more comprehensive views of NSA.

Get the Bamford first wrote Puzzle Palace. He as gone on to write extensively about the NSA and US intel. From the pieces that I have seen [and they are very few] he does very good research.

James Bamford - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-11-2009, 01:55 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
It was a very good show. Spy Factory is one of the more comprehensive views of NSA.

Get the Bamford first wrote Puzzle Palace. He as gone on to write extensively about the NSA and US intel. From the pieces that I have seen [and they are very few] he does very good research.

James Bamford - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Thanks McBear. I will look at the link. I just found the entire miscommunication situation very very sad. I stood stunned watching that episode last night. Its crazy, and call it psychological if you will but I still get choked up looking at the towers when ever they show them on TV.

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-11-2009, 02:18 PM
It Is What It Is, Dude

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1978 107.024 RIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
[SARCASM]multimilf has already pronounced this as drivel, with no facts or foundation. Put the books down and drink your fucking KoolAid.[/SARCASM]

Last edited by isthisdave; 02-11-2009 at 02:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in