Morning Bell: Yesterday’s Top 5 Most Audacious Obama Statements - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 07:19 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1999 ML320
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Morning Bell: Yesterday’s Top 5 Most Audacious Obama Statements

Quote:
Morning Bell: Yesterday’s Top 5 Most Audacious Obama Statements The Foundry

Morning Bell: Yesterday’s Top 5 Most Audacious Obama Statements

* Posted February 10th, 2009 at 8.43am in Ongoing Priorities.

Below are just the five most audacious sales pitches Obama employed to gin up support for his Trillion Dollar Debt Plan.

No Earmarks: “What it does not contain, however, is a single pet project, not a single earmark, and it has been stripped of the projects members of both parties found most objectionable.” - This is a clever semantic ploy by Obama. While it is true that no individual Congressman stuffed a Bridge to Nowhere in the bill’s conference report, when Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) and Rep. David Obey (D-WI) wrote the bill, they included billions of line-item spending elements to payoff leftist interest groups, including: $450 million for NASA “climate-research missions”, $600 million for NOAA “climate modeling”, $2 billion for a single power plant in Obama’s home state of Illinois, and on and on.

4 Million Jobs: “My bottom line is to make sure that we are saving or creating 4 million jobs.” -Obama is not creating 4 million jobs. According to the Congressional Budget Office, under the most optimistic models Obama’s Trillion Dollar Debt Plan would create only 3.6 million jobs and could produce only 1.2 million jobs. And one in five of these jobs will be a government job.

Spending: “Look, I would love not to have to spend money right now. This notion that somehow I came in here just ginned up to spend $800 billion, that wasn’t — that wasn’t how I envisioned my presidency beginning.” - That’s a different tone from Obama’s own chief of staff, who recently said, “Never allow a crisis to go to waste…They are opportunities to do big things.” But the bill itself is all the proof you need the Obama and his leftist allies thoroughly love their chance to blow a trillion dollars. The Obama Trillion Dollar Debt Plan doubles the size of the Department of Education and creates 32 brand new government programs. Worse it sneaks in a major down payment on Obama’s health care plan creating the bureaucracy and tracking systems necessary to force socialized medicine on the American people.

Free Lunches: “Once the economy stabilizes and people are less fearful, then I do think that we’re going to have to start thinking about how do we operate more prudently, because there’s no such thing as a free lunch.” - Obama’s Trillion Dollar Debt Plan is founded on the belief that government’s can provide endless free lunches to the American people. Does Obama believe the trillions he wants to spend grows on trees? Nobel laureate Gary Becker writes: “There are no free lunches in spending, public or private. The increased federal debt caused by this stimulus package has to be paid for eventually by higher taxes on households and businesses. … The burden from higher taxes down the road has to be deducted both from any short-term stimulus provided by the spending program, and from its long-run effects on the economy.”

Japan: “We saw this happen in Japan in the 1990s, where they did not act boldly and swiftly enough, and as a consequence they suffered what was called the “lost decade” where essentially for the entire ’90s they did not see any significant economic growth.” - This statement is audacity defined. Since 1992 Japan has spent $6.3 trillion in stimulus spending, racking up the largest public debt in the developed world — totaling 180 percent of its $5.5 trillion economy. And this massive borrow-and-spend splurge did nothing to help the economy. And Obama thinks this is evidence in support of his Trillion Dollar Debt Plan?

No wonder support for Obama’s economic stimulus plan is sinking like a rock.

Quick Hits:

* The size of the bank bailout Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner will unveil today may top $1.5 trillion.
* Rep. Heath Shuler (D-NC) said Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) and Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) “have really failed” to produce a stimulus that is “efficient, stimulative and timely.”
* Defending his vote in favor of Obama’s Trillion Dollar Debt Plan on Laura Ingraham’s radio show, Sen. Arlen Specter (R-PA) falsely claimed that Harvard economist Martin Feldstein supported the stimulus bill.
* Since none of the men held at Guantanamo were read their Miranda rights on the battlefield, trying them in civilian criminal court would be the same as setting them free.
* As General Motors burns through taxpayer money trying to stay in business, they are also trying to shed 1,675 of its more than 6,000 dealers by the end of 2012.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 07:26 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
That's just funny. Almost as if it came from a NeoCon website.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 10:00 PM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
I like how we, as a nation, have gotten to the point where ANY analysis can supplant our own.

"OOOoooh! Obama said something, and I'm told I don't like him. I wonder what I should think about it. Damn, and it's at least 15 hours until Rush comes on. Guess I'll do some 'reading' online."

We're lazy in too many ways to count, but thinking for ourselves sure has to be at the top of the list.
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 10:03 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2008
Quoted: 744 Post(s)
Does that mean, there are many here that are conclusionless?

© All photographs and likenesses of Multipurpose are protected under copyright
law. Any use of photographs in whole or in part is strictly prohibited
unless authorization is granted in writing by copyright holder. All rights
reserved.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 10:06 PM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
^ Yes, and most of them are Jayhawk.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 10:12 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1972 Mercedes 250 (/8) W114/M130
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
lol

in political asylum
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 10:16 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2007
Vehicle: 1973 450 SL
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Great post, MP. You beat me to it. These were glaring items in his first news conference.

Charter member of the Vast Rightwing Conspiracy and proud of it.

God Bless the America we're trying to create.
--Hillary Rodham Clinton
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 10:32 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Let's look at the snappy analysis from the kids at Heritage.

Quote:
4 Million Jobs: “My bottom line is to make sure that we are saving or creating 4 million jobs.” -Obama is not creating 4 million jobs. According to the Congressional Budget Office, under the most optimistic models Obama’s Trillion Dollar Debt Plan would create only 3.6 million jobs and could produce only 1.2 million jobs. And one in five of these jobs will be a government job.
Obama says his bottom line is to make sure that we are saving or creating 4 million jobs.

Heritage immediately jumps in and says "Obama is not creating 4 million jobs." Well no kidding. He did not say he was. He said "saving or creating", not "creating". They go on to show how they are correct.

And then the zinger "And one in five of these jobs will be a government job". I thought the idea was to get people working. Has Heritage decided that it gets to choose which jobs are acceptable? I don't think so.

Is this the kind of critical thinking pieces from where you guys get your information? If so you need to demand that they start actually doing that thinking part. Otherwise it just makes you look foolish when you post up glaring errors like that.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-11-2009, 01:38 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 1984 300GD "G" Wagen, and 1998 Steyr Puch 290GD "G" Van & a 1988 MB Trac 1000
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Difflock
Bear ould hand you have got it bad
rest assured Government jobs are BAD NEWS
we got a useless country full of them
and guess who they vote for
Why the party that created their jobs
well Doh
Kinda tough for the opposition to crack that one
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-11-2009, 07:50 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
Let's look at the snappy analysis from the kids at Heritage.

Obama says his bottom line is to make sure that we are saving or creating 4 million jobs.

Heritage immediately jumps in and says "Obama is not creating 4 million jobs." Well no kidding. He did not say he was. He said "saving or creating", not "creating". They go on to show how they are correct.

And then the zinger "And one in five of these jobs will be a government job". I thought the idea was to get people working. Has Heritage decided that it gets to choose which jobs are acceptable? I don't think so.

Is this the kind of critical thinking pieces from where you guys get your information? If so you need to demand that they start actually doing that thinking part. Otherwise it just makes you look foolish when you post up glaring errors like that.

It's just Republican piffle-shit no one cares anything about. If Bank of America, which is on the verge of collapse, is saved by government action from collapsing and many thousands of people get to keep their jobs as a resuly, Obama has saved their jobs and get's to put that skin on the wall. If the economy creates a million jobs, he gets that one too. Only nit-picking fucking idiots care about twisting the remarks to suit their agendas,

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in