Should a bailed out bank continue to give to ACORN? - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 10:44 AM
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 64,125
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by isthisdave View Post
I keep clicking on that thing but nothing happens
DP is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 10:49 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
jlomon's Avatar
 
Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 2013 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI, 2011 Mazda 2, 2000 E320 4Matic Wagon (retired),1994 C280 (retired)
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 3,488
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
ewwwwwwwww, actually mine are salty, I think
I am completely prepared to accept your word on that.
jlomon is offline  
post #23 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 10:56 AM
~BANNED~
 
Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 1969-280s, 2000 SL500, 1981 300D, 1980 450SL
Location: N.J. USA
Posts: 3,784
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuantle View Post
Bushes Fault! Bushes Fault!

You have no solutions so go back to your corner and resume licking your nuts.
My solution was voting in an intelligent man who has ideas that MAY work.
I chose NOT to vote for Caribou Barbie and the feeble minded Bush clone McSame.

Continue to rant and rave over someone attempting to change a long, long broken system.

I hope you lose your job, your house, your car, your health insurance..
then maybe you'll become a democrat.. or as you call it .. a 'rat.!

You see, the Republicans have been making the rich, richer!

Until you see what the poor have become, you'll never see a happy medium.

I have no chance of getting laid off or losing any benefits.
I have enough cash to last me a whole bunch of years.
I don't need public assistance.
Matter of fact.. the worse the economy gets, the more I'm needed.
The only problem I have is that I see the poor people struggling on a daily basis.
It hurts to see the greatest country on the planet, ignore poor starving people.
You, however, are a "me first" person.
Hopefully, you'll be the first to fall in our new recovery.
thanks
You give me purpose.
theonlybiker111 is offline  
post #24 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 11:39 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
BadBenz94's Avatar
 
Date registered: Feb 2003
Vehicle: 2001 Jaguar XJR, 1994 E320(sold)
Location: Kankakee,IL
Posts: 1,849
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by theonlybiker111 View Post
My solution was voting in an intelligent man who has ideas that MAY work.
I chose NOT to vote for Caribou Barbie and the feeble minded Bush clone McSame.

Continue to rant and rave over someone attempting to change a long, long broken system.

I hope you lose your job, your house, your car, your health insurance..
then maybe you'll become a democrat.. or as you call it .. a 'rat.!

You see, the Republicans have been making the rich, richer!

Until you see what the poor have become, you'll never see a happy medium.

I have no chance of getting laid off or losing any benefits.
I have enough cash to last me a whole bunch of years.
I don't need public assistance.
Matter of fact.. the worse the economy gets, the more I'm needed.
The only problem I have is that I see the poor people struggling on a daily basis.
It hurts to see the greatest country on the planet, ignore poor starving people.
You, however, are a "me first" person.
Hopefully, you'll be the first to fall in our new recovery.
thanks
You give me purpose.

Feel free to give to who ever you want with YOUR money. I dont believe in a bailout nor do I believe that the government knows best on what or where to give my money. Government FUCKS UP EVERYTHING.

My Car WOO HOO...... Now SOLD
New car.... 2001 Jaguar XJR!!!!

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
BadBenz94 is offline  
post #25 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 12:05 PM
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 64,125
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBenz94 View Post
Feel free to give to who ever you want with YOUR money. I dont believe in a bailout nor do I believe that the government knows best on what or where to give my money. Government FUCKS UP EVERYTHING.
Dude, without the bailout you can kiss your police job goodbye. You would have been first in line for state and local cuts.
DP is offline  
post #26 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 01:19 PM
~BANNED~
 
Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 1969-280s, 2000 SL500, 1981 300D, 1980 450SL
Location: N.J. USA
Posts: 3,784
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
Dude, without the bailout you can kiss your police job goodbye. You would have been first in line for state and local cuts.
wOWw.. A COP?
and a repuglican.. what a shocking coincidence!

so, who pays for the gas in your work car?
who pays your salary?
Who deems what direction you go. i.e. "selective enforcement" on your job?
Where does the funding come from?
The answer to all is TAXES and THE PUBLIC.
Deducing where you get your orders and your "hand outs" from, certainly does put a bad taste in your mouth.
having to take orders from the public..
groveling for tax dollars.
saying yes sir and no sir to poor people sure makes you feel bad, doesn't it?
oh, too bad..
poor people are just that .. poor.. not bad, not dirty, not stupid.
put a little effort into seeing what you see EVERY DAY, in a new light.
WE all can't be rich..

your statement that Government fucks everything up.. does that include you?
since you are part of the government..
or does it mean that you have to act fucked up when you're working ..
but you're really ok when you get home..
or do you help fucking up the government by being part of it?

I'm at a loss.

please expound?
theonlybiker111 is offline  
post #27 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 01:39 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
mcbear's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Location: The BlueGrass State
Posts: 29,579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Multipurpose View Post
Not much we can say about what they did before they got a bail out.
I may be wrong, but it looks like they plan to donate until June of 09.



ACORN has been associated with cases of voter fraud, accounting improprieties and has lobbied for obligatory housing assistance from the federal government for home borrowers that got in over their heads with recent mortgage woes.
You have at least three separate questions in this article. Let's look at this one.

The Boy Scouts of America have been associated with cases of fraud, accounting improprieties and discrimination. Should institutions stop providing charitable donations to them?

The United Way have been associated with cases of fraud, accounting improprieties and discrimination. Should institutions stop providing charitable donations to them?

The Red Cross have been associated with cases of fraud, accounting improprieties and theft. Should institutions stop providing charitable donations to them?

Let's get through this gate first then move on to others.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
mcbear is offline  
post #28 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 01:46 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
FeelTheLove's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Location: Planet Houston
Posts: 28,829
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
ACORN is simply a victim of right wing propaganda, part of a failed scheme to rig the last election. The GOP passed a law requiring them to turn in any and all voter registration cards they collected, even the ones signed "Micky Mouse", etc, and then claimed 'fraud' because the registrations aren't any good. The plan was to pack the country with political US Attorneys who would flood the courts with phony "voter fraud" cases based on this phony law, and in the process use Fox News and the AM Radio Fascists to scream what bad, bad, vote-stealing niggers the Democrats and ACORN were. Well, it blew up in their faces, the US Attorney's scheme was uncovered by the new Democratic majority in Congress, and millions who otherwise would not have voted, voted thanks to ACORN, and now the Democratic Revolution has begun.

http://www.prospect.org/cs/articles?...er_fraud_fraud

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmem...oter_fraud.php

http://www.bradblog.com/?p=4276

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address

Last edited by FeelTheLove; 02-10-2009 at 01:54 PM.
FeelTheLove is offline  
post #29 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Jan 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 11,830
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 752 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
You have at least three separate questions in this article. Let's look at this one.

The Boy Scouts of America have been associated with cases of fraud, accounting improprieties and discrimination. Should institutions stop providing charitable donations to them?

The United Way have been associated with cases of fraud, accounting improprieties and discrimination. Should institutions stop providing charitable donations to them?

The Red Cross have been associated with cases of fraud, accounting improprieties and theft. Should institutions stop providing charitable donations to them?

Let's get through this gate first then move on to others.
How about we stay with ACORN and using bail out monies to support them!

© All photographs and likenesses of Multipurpose are protected under copyright
law. Any use of photographs in whole or in part is strictly prohibited
unless authorization is granted in writing by copyright holder. All rights
reserved.
Multipurpose is online now  
post #30 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 02:29 PM
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 64,125
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
ingrown nail = amputate limb (right wing approach)
DP is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    Bank does not want customers who make less than USD 150,000 a year, Which Bank? HSBC Jakarta Expat Off-Topic 3 04-12-2007 10:48 AM
    Bank does not want customers who make less than USD 150,000 a year, Which Bank? HSBC Jakarta Expat Off-Topic 12 04-12-2007 09:56 AM
    c320 rich bank 1 and bank 2 drew1691 W203 C-Class 5 10-19-2006 09:21 AM
    BANK 1 AND BANK 2 FUEL TRIM MALF paul88 W202 C-Class 4 04-18-2005 11:45 AM
    Check Engine light ON- "Fuel Trim, Bank 1 & Bank 2" 99 C280 Sport timecop369 W202 C-Class 3 12-17-2002 06:00 PM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome