BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2007
Vehicle: 1973 450 SL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith View Post
You obviously can't keep your thoughts straight. I am not as energetic as mcbear, but those words are part of the GOP mantra and given a minute of searching I am sure we can find one of you pillars of the GOP saying the same thing. The fact that they came out of Obama's mouth has you rethinking your own value system - he agreed with you that some of your money is taken by the government in the form of taxes and that it is more appropriate at this time to let you keep some of your money that would otherwise be taxed and turned over to the government. The statement has nothing to do with the government owning all the money, or any of your other fabricated frantic fear and frothing over someone fixing the situation we are in today.

If he handed you a chocolate chip cookie you would complain that the chocolate isn't as tasty as the brown stuff in the Bush shit sandwiches you loved so much.

Jim
Obviously, Jimbo, you can't tell the difference, or, if you do, can't appreciate the difference between "giving back" and "letting you keep" your earnings. If you don't , just have your paycheck made out to me, then I'll give you some back. And, no, Obamster didn't utter any Republican mantra. If you could just minimize the profanities, your errors would be more available to you and this little Republican wouldn't have to waste any time pointing them out to you.

Charter member of the Vast Rightwing Conspiracy and proud of it.

God Bless the America we're trying to create.
--Hillary Rodham Clinton
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 78 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 11:33 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Multipurpose View Post
Ironic how the elite have now taking on the cheerleader roll for spending.
Yea, Geithner just announced another trillion in bank support funds. Yikes. I have to get to work on my daughter's inheritance--they are going to need it, bigtime.

--Hillary Rodham Clinton
post #33 of 78 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 11:36 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by theonlybiker111 View Post
No NO NO~

You don't understand!

It's the "me first" mentality of the Republicans...

VS.

The betterment of all.. The Democrats.

which should be the answer?
I agree, but every attempt at egalitarianism historically has resulted in everyone being equally miserable. And you want that?

--Hillary Rodham Clinton
post #34 of 78 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 11:44 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
So you didn't like the phrasing? You didn't like the concept? You didn't understand a president speaking clearly with correct grammar and syntax?

Got a case of The ODDS?
Many of us in the growing 46 million believe Obamster got elected on style rather than substance due to the lack of media vetting.

Your comment confirms that hunch by focusing on the form rather than the substance of my post. Libs see what they believe.

--Hillary Rodham Clinton
post #35 of 78 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 11:56 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomline1 View Post
Obviously, Jimbo, you can't tell the difference, or, if you do, can't appreciate the difference between "giving back" and "letting you keep" your earnings. If you don't , just have your paycheck made out to me, then I'll give you some back. And, no, Obamster didn't utter any Republican mantra. If you could just minimize the profanities, your errors would be more available to you and this little Republican wouldn't have to waste any time pointing them out to you.
Jane, you ignorant slut!

Please elaborate on your theory that the words Obama said:

"The middle class is under siege, and we need to give you more of the money you’ve earned, so you can spend it and pay your bills."

actually confirms:

.. the liberal belief that all money belongs to the government.
Makes one wonder if we earned it, why do they have it?

It would also be a great exercise in logical thinking if you examined your paycheck and looked at the difference between "gross" and "net" and investigated how these figures are not equal. I was not sure you were quite that ignorant before.

It might also do you good to examine how many paychecks you have had with that discrepancy if you really wonder how the government has some money of yours they might give back to you, or how much nicer your "net" number would be if they stopped taking as much. Then you can try to answer your question of how, if we earned the money, the government has it.

When you get through that exercise, please explain how Obama's words mean what you said they do. Because they don't say that and they do sound a lot like the words Republicans chant when they try to justify tax cuts. The only real difference is the Obama speech was aimed at middle class people, not rich people. Oh, now I get it. That's the objection, the feature that makes it unacceptable to the greedy GOP types.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Jim
post #36 of 78 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 12:16 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1999 ML320
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith View Post
It would be nice if you would elevate your game and play in the big leagues, but that is the real bond between neocons - bitch about how hard it is to use your brain and vote for dumb fucks to represent you in government - and badmouth the concept of thinking your way out of a jam instead of acting like a deranged fucking peacock and trying to use your mating dance to posture your way out of non-mating selection crisis.

Jim
Now who's talking ? I don't see any contribution from you in any thread where specifics are discussed. Why ? Because you do not want to be pinned down and asked about anything which cannot be addressed by the usual fluff, style and statements about the general goodness of mankind.
Today's TARP II announcement is a case in point of fluff from the OBA ; where's the beef ?
Yeah, Jim, where's the beef ?

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/off-...p-ba-tarp.html
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/off-...enditures.html
post #37 of 78 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 01:12 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Multipurpose View Post
Ironic how the elite have now taking on the cheerleader roll for spending.
Naw, we have taken on the cheerleading role [not roll] of supporting those who are digging us out of the hole your boy got us in.

A cheerleading roll is something completely different. God, I sometimes miss high school.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #38 of 78 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 01:16 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Yea, Geithner just announced another trillion in bank support funds. Yikes. I have to get to work on my daughter's inheritance--they are going to need it, bigtime.
Just send it straight to Treasury, in care of the Bush National Debt Fund.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #39 of 78 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 01:21 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Many of us in the growing 46 million believe Obamster got elected on style rather than substance due to the lack of media vetting.

Your comment confirms that hunch by focusing on the form rather than the substance of my post. Libs see what they believe.
He was the candidate in the race the longest of any active candidate. He had more media vetting, and had committed more of his thoughts, ideas, concerns and plans than any other candidate. He had the most detailed and thorough and kept up to dated website, email stream, youtube and podcast of his platform of anyone on the circuit. If YOU think he was not vetted, that certainly was not because he did not put the information out. Could it have just been laziness and inability to keep up?

And as for the "growing 46M". Not so much from the latest votes.

I focused on the form as the substance was nothing more than whining about phrasing, which ODDLY I mentioned.

McBear,
Kentucky

post #40 of 78 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 03:15 PM
Forum Administrator RC Colas® & Moon Pies®

Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle: 1981 380SL 151K: 2001 E320 4Matic Estate 147K: 2008 E350 Sport 4Matic 120K: 2005 S500 116K
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1277 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
... and kept up to dated website...?
That was change we could all believe in. Frequently.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in