post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-08-2009, 06:46 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1999 ML320
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
13LL propagandistic distortions

Exhibit A is Sen Barney Frank. This character ranks as one of the more deceitful and double talking members of our beloved Congress. But apparently, he does not understand the power of Google.

Quote:
Hearing from September 2003 on an administration proposal to alter the regulation of GSEs like Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
Congressman Barney Frank's opening statement:
I want to begin by saying that I am glad to consider the legislation, but I do not think we are facing any kind of a crisis. That is, in my view, the two government sponsored enterprises we are talking about here, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, are not in a crisis.
Now, we have got a system that I think has worked very well to help housing. The high cost of housing is one of the great social bombs of this country. I would rank it second to the inadequacy of our health delivery system as a problem that afflicts many, many Americans. We have gotten recent reports about the difficulty here.

Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac have played a very useful role in helping make housing more affordable, both in general through leveraging the mortgage market, and in particular, they have a mission that this Congress has given them in return for some of the arrangements which are of some benefit to them to focus on affordable housing, and that is what I am concerned about here. I believe that we, as the Federal Government, have probably done too little rather than too much to push them to meet the goals of affordable housing and to set reasonable goals.
Quote:
Did Barney Frank Orchestrate the Bank Meltdown?

Amazingly enough, Barney Frank has the gall to say on the House Financial Services Committee Website that “After 12 years of Republican control, the Republicans failed to enact meaningful reform of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.”
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-08-2009, 06:49 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-08-2009, 06:53 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Did the Republicans put up a bill in 2003? Did they put up a floor fight? Was it important to them?

Do you have the links for the Republican measures that were voted on so we can see which Republicans broke ranks and voted against the bill since it obviously did not pass, if it existed at all.

And go to 2004 also, and 2005, and 2006. And it might be good to go back to 2002 and 2001.

We need your proof that it was Barney Frank that, all by himself held back the Republican Majority, kept them quiet, unwilling to talk to the media or even have the balls to introduce meaningful legislation. We really need to see that.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-08-2009, 07:13 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
Did the Republicans put up a bill in 2003? Did they put up a floor fight? Was it important to them?

Do you have the links for the Republican measures that were voted on so we can see which Republicans broke ranks and voted against the bill since it obviously did not pass, if it existed at all.

And go to 2004 also, and 2005, and 2006. And it might be good to go back to 2002 and 2001.

We need your proof that it was Barney Frank that, all by himself held back the Republican Majority, kept them quiet, unwilling to talk to the media or even have the balls to introduce meaningful legislation. We really need to see that.
Why can't you see deceit when it's plain and clear ?
Blaming others for not saving the building from burning to the ground and yet at the same time not joining the bucket brigade is low even for a congressman.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-08-2009, 07:48 PM
Moderately subtle

Date registered: Dec 2003
Vehicle: 94 E500, 97 500SL
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Send a message via AIM to edfreeman
Quote:

Poor defense of Mr. Frank, there, Bear. Is that what you were trying to do?

post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-08-2009, 07:55 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2008
Quoted: 748 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlfun View Post
Why can't you see deceit when it's plain and clear ?
Blaming others for not saving the building from burning to the ground and yet at the same time not joining the bucket brigade is low even for a congressman.
Another classic
Just who might this remind us of?

© All photographs and likenesses of Multipurpose are protected under copyright
law. Any use of photographs in whole or in part is strictly prohibited
unless authorization is granted in writing by copyright holder. All rights
reserved.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-08-2009, 08:21 PM
BenzWorld Veteran

Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: '81 300GD Cabrio, '78 450 SEL 6.9 Rocketship, Rover HSE
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:

At your service
YouTube - Shocking Video Unearthed Democrats in their own words Covering up the Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Scam that caused our Economic Crisis

"Truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self evident"-Arthur Schopenhauer
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-08-2009, 08:59 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
the last 20 secs says it all ...
President Clinton : I think the responsibility that Democrats have may rest in ,uh, resisting, uh (obviously searching for the right words here) ANY effort by the Republicans in the Congress and by me when I was president to put some standards and tighten up the standards on Freddie and Fannie Mac
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 07:20 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Wow. Looks like the voters should have voted Republican. I wonder why they didn't, given this evidence from five years ago? Was it kept secret during the election? It wasn't? And the Republicans went down to their worst defeat in forty years anyway? How could that happen?

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 09:24 AM
BenzWorld Veteran

Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: '81 300GD Cabrio, '78 450 SEL 6.9 Rocketship, Rover HSE
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove View Post
Wow. Looks like the voters should have voted Republican. I wonder why they didn't, given this evidence from five years ago? Was it kept secret during the election? It wasn't? And the Republicans went down to their worst defeat in forty years anyway? How could that happen?
Obama got the votes, the party is just an ancillary beneficiary. Moderate conservatives who were on the fence weren't throwing down because they like Frank and Pelosi. There were notable differences between Obama's views and the traditional liberal mantra of the party during the race. Not so much now. I'm willing to give the guy a fair chance. But, he's going to have to assert his power to reign in the wackos with dubious agendas on both sides of the aisle. I really think he wants to effect change, but he's fighting a war on two fronts. Unfortunately, what is best for America and its people generally contradicts the best interests of elected officials. They're going to try to keep this guy chasing his tail for four years. IMO that is the crux of the issue. At this point, support for the new POTUS is waning as hard line conservatives pick apart his first couple of weeks in office. It wouldn't surprise me if Pelosi and Frank et al. were scripting Limbaugh's propaganda. Weakening Obama serves them well. IMO OUR, WE, THE PEEPS, best instrument for change right now is our President. Not democrat, republican, liberal, conservative-just POTUS. Why not get behind him with unwavering support, the little power the American people have left, in an effort to help him thwart this bureaucracy and get down to the business of righting the ship? Set aside your partisan totalitarianism long enough to ask if not him, then who will lead? I don't think you'll like the answer.

"Truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self evident"-Arthur Schopenhauer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in