" THE BWOT DAILY NEWS" 2-4-09 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-04-2009, 05:42 AM
Brentwood MB
Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Post " THE BWOT DAILY NEWS" 2-4-09

Good morning all, well we have much to report today some very exciting and Breaking News. But First, the weather:
Currently its a beautiful Bright -15 with a brisk windshield of a mere -29, suppose to get up to +15 today.
NATIONAL NEWS: The Bailout bill Stalled in the Senate, some say it needs to be Bailed out. Just another example of Bi-Partin goin on.
Pres says he F@%ked up, no he said he made a mistake with the Daaashle thingy. He also is Reportedly going to announce a 500K freeze on Exec. pay today. Boy can't tell you, just how much that is going to impact us here!!
LOCAL NEWS: There was a meeting last night at " Pa's Tavern and Billards"
The plans were to organize all the events for the upcoming "WINTER DULDRUMS DAY" events. There will be a special additon of the NEWS to cover the entire event Later. Anyways an argument broke out between Big Ben Hess and Fast Freddie Peterson, over the Snow shoe race. They agreed to hold tryouts this PM on the lake. We are all looking to see how that goes.
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-04-2009, 05:56 AM
Brentwood MB
Post " DAILY NEWS" cont.

SPORTS: at the same meeting, the annual Beer Guzzeling contest got off to a fast start. The winner, Gus Gulvenson was able to down 15 tall ones in 3 minutes, a new record. This reporter asked him for his secret, he promptly replied, I did'nt have my dinner. Guess thats the secret,don't eat just drink.
ECONOMIC NEWS: Well we talk to Larry over at the "OUT FITTERS" store, he said sales are really in the toilet. He is offering to sell anyone a new snow sled at his costs. He want us to advertise same, so this is it. We are hoping to get a free set of Hand warmers for mentioning this on the news. Buy the way, the best deal is a Brand New 2008 Artic Cat, Super Duper, loaded it has everything. Does not include the added on DVD system thats extra. The Sled is just! 14,500 with the DVD system a mere 18,000. Hell of a deal, I say RUSH! right down and get that one.
SPONSERS: We want to REALLY thank Bob, at "Bobbin Bobs" for all his support, we will be seeing him later today for some more, support that is: Just so you know, the Minnow Special with the Case is still on.
Signing off for now, WATCH for updates, submit your articles. LATER
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-04-2009, 06:40 AM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: Baby
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Update on Michael Phelps

Michael Phelps walks into an appliance store and asks the owner, "How much for that TV set in the window?"
The owner looks at the TV set, then looks at Michael, and says, "I don't sell stuff to potheads." So Michael tells the owner that he'll quit toking and will come back the next week to buy the TV. A week later, Michael comes back and says, "I quit smoking pot. Now, how much for that TV set in the window?"
And the owner says, "I told you I don't sell to potheads!" So Michael leaves again.
He comes back a week later and says, "How much for that TV?"
The owner says, "I'm not going to tell you again, I don't sell to potheads!!!"
Michael looks back at the owner and says, "How can you tell I'm a pothead?"
The owner looks back and says, "Because that's a microwave."
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-04-2009, 07:15 AM
Brentwood MB

Thats the Ticket!! Keep them Coming In!! Really sorry there are no more Free Breakfast Offers. We are working on a new Rewards Program. Stay Tuned.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-04-2009, 07:30 AM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Time to turn to the Comics section

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-04-2009, 07:54 AM
Brentwood MB

Recieved a call from the neighbor Frank just now. He reminded me about BLAGO on Letterman last night. I must confess, this reporter was unable to stay up for the program. I was really working hard on Sponorship issues. Anyway, Frank says he SUCKED!
In keeping with our on going efforts to attach field Reporters, we here at he NEWS desk have come up with our latest Reward program offering.
The winning Poster , judging will of course be FAIR and BIAS, anyway the winner will recieve a FREE Download of TURBO TAX. now we know how much some of you can use this FREE OFFER, so Post those Articles. Later
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-04-2009, 07:56 AM
Brentwood MB

GREAT KOB FTL!! But FYI multiple Postings won't sway the Judge on Best Postings.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-04-2009, 12:20 PM
Brentwood MB

Oh my God, it has reached +15 here at the home base. The dogs are going wild!!, The snowmobile traffic has just gone Crazy. People of all ages are out on the Lake. Some are building a Bonfire, getting ready for what appears to be a picnic. Damn that music is loud! This reporter needs to investigate further. Back with an Update Later.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: