Michael Phelps likes the BONG - Page 19 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #181 of 184 (permalink) Old 05-13-2009, 04:15 AM
Forum Administrator RC Colas® & Moon Pies®
Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle: 1981 380SL 151K: 2001 E320 4Matic Estate 147K: 2008 E350 Sport 4Matic 120K: 2005 S500 116K
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1130 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Jim. You should have left that one alone. It was classic. It's best to walk away from untoppable posts and await a better opportunity.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Sponsored Links
post #182 of 184 (permalink) Old 05-13-2009, 08:23 AM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Mar 2008
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Who cares!

90% of this board does or has smoked pot!

90% of this board has or wishes they could have a 3 some!
post #183 of 184 (permalink) Old 05-13-2009, 09:01 AM
Date registered: Apr 2009
Originally Posted by BryanW163 View Post
Who cares!

90% of this board does or has smoked pot!

90% of this board has or wishes they could have a 3 some!

Obviously there are some people who do care ... and though I don't elevate "the illegality" the use of illegal drugs simply because of someones profession ..... I certainly don't discount it or attempt to mitigate the use of any "illegal drug" because of it either.

What I can't understand is where people say that "illegal drugs" like steroids should ban a person from sports forever ....... but "illegal drugs" like pot should not.

I believe that "illegal" is the key word here.

My question is where does the line get drawn ..... and who draws it?

As far as his sexual habits goes .... maybe he should use a bit more discretion .... just for his own finantial good if nothing else.
post #184 of 184 (permalink) Old 05-16-2009, 02:41 PM
Date registered: Apr 2009

I posed this question to you when you went away on your trip and then it kinda got forgotten.

I was hoping that you could cast some light on to some of the "shadow" on the conflicting statments made.

Originally Posted by mcbear
The thing that folks are not talking about is that this blows the "pot kills your ambition" argument that the "war" on drugs has been yammering for 30 years. Here we have a person at the top of his game, incredibly well disciplined and skilled.

How many parents and sponsors are going to bitch about this while sucking on a beer or bourbon?

It really is time we quit punishing folks for what they do in their private lives.

I understand what you just said above, but in another thread you said this:

Originally Posted by mcbear
On the otherhand, I like this one.
Professional athletes and steroids. The FIRST time you check positive, you're banned for life.

Big B says:
Without a whole lot of flailing about ..... why?

Then you answered my question with this:

Originally Posted by Big B
Without a whole lot of flailing about ..... why?

McBear says:
We lead kids to become athletes from the age of 5-7 now. Those who show potential are groomed from 10, many having already talked to a college by 12. They see multimillion dollar athletes doing astounding feats of magic with a baseball bat, a basketball, running faster, jumping higher slamming from further off the key and they focus on nothing else. They see the glory, their parents see a set future, money and a sense of security.

Enter illegal drugs that make Barry Bonds be able to chase and beat Roger Maris' record. That allow Manny Ramirez or A-Rod to be able to perform at their level. Deuce McAllister and Shawne Merriman of the NFL [you don't believe genetics provide hundreds of 320# linemen, do you].

And they do drugs to keep their place on the team, to make records, but more importantly, if they don't perform somebody else will because owners want to put BUTTS IN THE SEATS. So we set up 5-10 year old kids on a 1:500 chance in order to sell seats in under 100 stadiums in the nation and, because of slacker rules and fans that just want to see some ball, it is allowed to happen.

One strike and you are out and that problem shrinks faster than drug impacted balls. Owners lose their moneymakers or learn to live with the purity of drug free sports.

My response was:

Big B says:

Thank you for your opnion.

I'm for a drug free America also!

What say you? Hell! I'm interested!
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: