post #81 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 08:00 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2008
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 743 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
Most everyone else is sure.
Well, I'm surprised we're having this discussion then!

© All photographs and likenesses of Multipurpose are protected under copyright
law. Any use of photographs in whole or in part is strictly prohibited
unless authorization is granted in writing by copyright holder. All rights
reserved.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 08:04 PM
Brentwood MB

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Bear I have followed most of this debate. My question to you is this simply. Do you not find that some are truly Lost in the wilderness? One of their own construct. And due you not tire at seaching for their souls. Men we are Saints certainly not.
post #83 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 08:04 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Multipurpose View Post
I believe they need to have a trail, but it's my understanding that it shouldn't happen until after the war

But obviously they have been holding hearings because there are numerous detainees that have been released.
Didn't you see the picture...It's from 2003.

But no, they do not need to wait for the end of a conflict to have hearings/trials/etc. The issue is processing in accordance with the laws and Constitution.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #84 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 08:06 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Again, they quickly forget that the table can be turned on us. Right now they have this arrogance that we are in control and that we will never get our military boys and civilians as prisoners. Today there was an American UN worker that got abducted in PAKISTAN. For some of you on the right that are politically and geographically challenged, Pakistan is an ally. So now, what do we do for this guy? Pray that the fukers that kidnapped him treat him humanly? Do you for one moment think that these savages will try to be the "better man" and treat him with dignity? If he ends up in a beheading video, I personally hold the Bushies and the people on this forum that SUPPORT torture responsible, now how's that for medicine?
post #85 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 08:06 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Well, I'm surprised we're having this discussion then!
Notice that the debate has been instigated by Bush supporters who don't like the fact that Obama started correcting errors from the Bush Administration.

At that level, there does not really seem to be a discussion. They seem to be going by the US Code and the US Constitution.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #86 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 08:12 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Didn't you see the picture...It's from 2003.

But no, they do not need to wait for the end of a conflict to have hearings/trials/etc. The issue is processing in accordance with the laws and Constitution.
How could anyone of missed it, every loony lib has posted it.

I believe it states in the Convention that trials are to be held at wars end.

reserved.
post #87 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 08:15 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Notice that the debate has been instigated by Bush supporters who don't like the fact that Obama started correcting errors from the Bush Administration.

At that level, there does not really seem to be a discussion. They seem to be going by the US Code and the US Constitution.

And your more than willing to jump in, but look at the ones who start with the snide little comments...strange.

reserved.
post #88 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 08:15 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentwood MB View Post
Bear I have followed most of this debate. My question to you is this simply. Do you not find that some are truly Lost in the wilderness? One of their own construct. And due you not tire at seaching for their souls. Men we are Saints certainly not.
I spent time in the swamp where I was told that my enemy did NOT always provide all the "comforts" of the Geneva Conventions if I was captured. I always knew that WE did obey the rules. I knew from my father who was at Normandy that THEY did obey the rules although it was known that the Russians did not. It is why the Germans, if they had an option would surrender to us. That is a reputation of HONOR.

You always treat your enemy, when a POW situation comes up exactly like you would want to be treated. If we as a country are always known to do that, we stand a better chance of being treated that way ourselves. Warriors respect warriors and while this new phase of terrorism is different in some respect, in other ways it is like every battle since the dawn of man.

If we want respect, we have to show respect. If we want fair treatment we have to show fair treatment. No Abu Ghraib, no GITMO, no rape and burn. Do a professional job that has to be done but nothing more. From that we can only hope that we gain respect and that is returned when a patrol is caught in the mountains of Afghanistan or a plane is shot down over hostile territory or a "tourist" is caught in Iran.

We are a country of law. It is time we started acting like it again.

McBear,
Kentucky

post #89 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 08:20 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
And your more than willing to jump in, but look at the ones who start with the snide little comments...strange.
Sure, I will discuss policy any time, any where. I am here for debate and fun. I am not here for the monotonous ass thread.

Both sides fire snide comments. That just goes with the territory. As long as it stays reasonably civil it makes sense and doesn't look like a Tourette's forum to outsiders.

McBear,
Kentucky

post #90 of 143 (permalink) Old 02-02-2009, 08:26 PM
Brentwood MB

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
You will get no argument from me. Having been in those same swamps,Jungles and mountains. To be of HONOR, is what I am all about as a proud US citizen. I fear those whom are so Blatent, lack all of that as a basic instinct. God Bless this country, and all she has ever stood for. We are a country of Laws, and those laws are a beacon to all of mankind. Damn those who chose to manipulate them for their own selfish benefit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in