Post Obama: Opponents hissy fits. - Page 8 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 226 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 09:06 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
TNTRower's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2007
Vehicle: '98 E320 Wagon (non 4matic)
Location: Atlanta, GA & Malabo, Equatorial Guinea
Posts: 6,663
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to TNTRower
Ok you have to earn Respect. I get it. Well Obama has not done ANYTHING to earn anyone's respect in my book.

The disdain, well I don't disdain the man. I am sure he is a good father and a husband.

Who's John Galt.

"Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes" - Virgil, The Aeneid, Book 2

If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel. --Benjamin Netayahu
TNTRower is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #72 of 226 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 09:14 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
mcbear's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Location: The BlueGrass State
Posts: 29,579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTRower View Post
Ok you have to earn Respect. I get it. Well Obama has not done ANYTHING to earn anyone's respect in my book.
That is the very point. He will either build respect in the job or disdain.

When Bush came into office he started at zero also. He build respect during the aftermath of 9/11 and the initial AQ targeting in Afghanistan. He started his downward spiral when he started playing games -- provable games.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
mcbear is offline  
post #73 of 226 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 09:22 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Jul 2007
Vehicle: 1973 450 SL
Location: Castle Rock, CO
Posts: 5,453
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentwood MB View Post
Bottomline, There is the problem. They were/are OUR president. Show some respect to the office!
See, there is the other problem. I don' recall you requesting that of your lib buddies on BWOT before the election.

Reminds me of the lib requirement of "bipartisanship". It seldom appeared from the Dems unless they needed cover for their actions, e.g. the bailout. However it is the battle cry everyday now. With their consolidated power in both branches, they are extremely aware that the noose will be around their necks in 2010 and 12. Just common sense.

Charter member of the Vast Rightwing Conspiracy and proud of it.

God Bless the America we're trying to create.
--Hillary Rodham Clinton
bottomline1 is offline  
post #74 of 226 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 09:27 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Jul 2007
Vehicle: 1973 450 SL
Location: Castle Rock, CO
Posts: 5,453
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by p100 View Post
I read recently that the amount of army related materiel that has been transported to Iraq from the US in the last 5 years would require a bumper-to bumper convoy of 18 wheel tractor trailer trucks from Los Angeles to Miami. This simply boggles one's mind. All wasted and we are lucky if we get 1% of it back in working condition. And all paid for with borrowed money and the tab given to our children and grandchildren.
Don't get discouraged; get used to it. Wait until you see the waste in the $825 billion porkulus package. For example, get some detail on the $4billion "community stabilization." expense.

Charter member of the Vast Rightwing Conspiracy and proud of it.

God Bless the America we're trying to create.
--Hillary Rodham Clinton
bottomline1 is offline  
post #75 of 226 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 09:29 PM
Forum Administrator RC Colas® & Moon Pies®
 
Digmenow's Avatar
 
Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle: 1981 380SL 151K: 2001 E320 4Matic Estate 147K: 2008 E350 Sport 4Matic 120K: 2005 S500 116K
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Posts: 36,506
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1273 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
While this new prez is wired for the 21st Century, I don't think his every move, word or thought is online for download.

My question was, how do you know he did not apologize?
We know that Joe did. And he got his oath right.

Biden apologizes to Roberts
Posted: Tuesday, January 27, 2009 2:26 PM by Domenico Montanaro
Filed Under: White House

From NBC's Pete Williams and Antoine Sanfuentes

Sources familiar with the conversation say Vice President Joe Biden telephoned Chief Justice John Roberts last week to apologize for a remark he made about the chief's memory.

"My memory is not as good as Chief Justice Roberts's," Biden said last Wednesday, as he prepared to administer the oath of office to new senior White House staffers. The remark did not appear to go over well with President Obama, who did not smile, though some in the room laughed. Biden's remark came the day after the infamous flub that occurred as Roberts led Obama through the oath of office.

A spokesman for the vice president confirms that Biden called Roberts after making the remark.

"They had a good conversation," the spokesperson said.

A Supreme Court official declined to comment.

....................

I can find thousands of online stories and references to Roberts' mistake and how he took blame in the get-together after Bush choppered out but nothing about Obama being a stand up guy. Not even from the right wing blogs who, I would imagine, blow this up big time if it had happened.

The closest I could find was the lack of humor he expressed at Biden's joke about Roberts.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Digmenow is offline  
post #76 of 226 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 09:36 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Jul 2007
Vehicle: 1973 450 SL
Location: Castle Rock, CO
Posts: 5,453
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by isthisdave View Post
After 9/11 GWB had EVERYBODIES unfettered support. The PFA then used the next seven years to clusterfuck itself into a laughable parody of an Executive Branch. He earned it. Now BHO has been CINC for 7 days, and because you don't see what you want, his is a failed tenure.

I submit that the economic hurdles our country now and will face are far more a danger to the health and continuity of this Union than any terrorist attack, past or future.

To put party or rhetoric before national unity in a time such as this is an anathema to what those who have in the past sacrificed themselves to preserve.

To those hiding behind the folly of turn about is far play, I say that not according the current President of the United States your support in a far more dangerous time than this country has seen in decades is repehensible.
Oh, so now the loyal opposition is dangerous, is it? You lefties have been yelling how bad everything is, how incompetent Bush admin was, for so long you finally got your wish. It's now bad. Now I await your claims of how good it will be, but what I mostly hear is that it will get worse. This appears to be a ploy to garner more demands for government assistance (read expenditures and growth) to create further dependence on a government that "works."

Charter member of the Vast Rightwing Conspiracy and proud of it.

God Bless the America we're trying to create.
--Hillary Rodham Clinton
bottomline1 is offline  
post #77 of 226 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 09:41 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Jul 2007
Vehicle: 1973 450 SL
Location: Castle Rock, CO
Posts: 5,453
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digmenow View Post
We know that Joe did. And he got his oath right.

Biden apologizes to Roberts
Posted: Tuesday, January 27, 2009 2:26 PM by Domenico Montanaro
Filed Under: White House

From NBC's Pete Williams and Antoine Sanfuentes

Sources familiar with the conversation say Vice President Joe Biden telephoned Chief Justice John Roberts last week to apologize for a remark he made about the chief's memory.

"My memory is not as good as Chief Justice Roberts's," Biden said last Wednesday, as he prepared to administer the oath of office to new senior White House staffers. The remark did not appear to go over well with President Obama, who did not smile, though some in the room laughed. Biden's remark came the day after the infamous flub that occurred as Roberts led Obama through the oath of office.

A spokesman for the vice president confirms that Biden called Roberts after making the remark.

"They had a good conversation," the spokesperson said.

A Supreme Court official declined to comment.

....................

I can find thousands of online stories and references to Roberts' mistake and how he took blame in the get-together after Bush choppered out but nothing about Obama being a stand up guy. Not even from the right wing blogs who, I would imagine, blow this up big time if it had happened.

The closest I could find was the lack of humor he expressed at Biden's joke about Roberts.
Roberts is a class act; maybe when the Bamster gets beyond his initial partisan pandering stage he will grow as well.

Charter member of the Vast Rightwing Conspiracy and proud of it.

God Bless the America we're trying to create.
--Hillary Rodham Clinton
bottomline1 is offline  
post #78 of 226 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 10:03 PM
It Is What It Is, Dude
 
isthisdave's Avatar
 
Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1978 107.024 RIP
Location: InTransition
Posts: 21,646
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomline1 View Post
You lefties have been yelling how bad everything is, how incompetent Bush admin was, for so long you finally got your wish.


Once again, you want to deflect responsibility for the failings of the PFA.

Move on dude.

Find a website and monitor and report the use and abuse of earmarks. Contact your Congressional delegation and demand passage of The Obama proposal to allow Web based tracking of the stimulus funds. Stop your bitching, acknowledge that we are in for a long fight and act like an American.
isthisdave is offline  
post #79 of 226 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 10:09 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Jul 2007
Vehicle: 1973 450 SL
Location: Castle Rock, CO
Posts: 5,453
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by isthisdave View Post
Once again, you want to deflect responsibility for the failings of the PFA.

Move on dude.

Find a website and monitor and report the use and abuse of earmarks. Contact your Congressional delegation and demand passage of The Obama proposal to allow Web based tracking of the stimulus funds. Stop your bitching, acknowledge that we are in for a long fight and act like an American.
It is really difficult and highly risky for me to take instructions from California leftists. So I never do. BTW tracking is not the problem, it is what is being tracked that matters. How about a little critical thinking about the proposals? We may be in for a long fight but I'm prepared to help defeat the methods of the left in economic mismanagement.

Charter member of the Vast Rightwing Conspiracy and proud of it.

God Bless the America we're trying to create.
--Hillary Rodham Clinton

Last edited by bottomline1; 01-27-2009 at 10:12 PM.
bottomline1 is offline  
post #80 of 226 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 10:12 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1999 ML320
Location: Ratville
Posts: 24,029
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by isthisdave View Post
After 9/11 GWB had EVERYBODIES unfettered support. The PFA then used the next seven years to clusterfuck itself into a laughable parody of an Executive Branch. He earned it. Now BHO has been CINC for 7 days, and because you don't see what you want, his is a failed tenure.

I submit that the economic hurdles our country now and will face are far more a danger to the health and continuity of this Union than any terrorist attack, past or future.

To put party or rhetoric before national unity in a time such as this is an anathema to what those who have in the past sacrificed themselves to preserve.

To those hiding behind the folly of turn about is far play, I say that not according the current President of the United States your support in a far more dangerous time than this country has seen in decades is repehensible.
What noble words when the only change is who's on the all-you-can-eat buffet line. Democrat operatives and organizations will get seated first, the way the "stimulus" is headed now.
Attached Images
 
mlfun is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    Will Trade Sex For Obama Tickets - Jay did you post this on the website? Jakarta Expat Off-Topic 1 10-31-2008 11:10 AM
    Putin's opponents are made to vanish from TV Jakarta Expat Off-Topic 19 06-05-2008 06:24 AM
    All sounds are suddendly "hissy" ! billjet W164 M-Class 1 04-22-2008 11:58 PM
    Ahmadinejad opponents win elections Teutone Off-Topic 1 12-21-2006 06:52 AM
    GP Brazil, opponents wish Teutone Mercedes-Benz Motorsports & Racing 0 10-19-2006 03:01 PM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome