Post Obama: Opponents hissy fits. - Page 4 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 226 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 11:22 AM
Brentwood MB
Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)

They have no choice but put on a Show!! They and Russ have to entertain the believers, god forbid they have no Power!!
Sponsored Links
post #32 of 226 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 11:27 AM
It Is What It Is, Dude
Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1978 107.024 RIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Originally Posted by Digmenow View Post
Pretty much all the time?
I would posit that the senior members of the PFA talked at the minority, rather that to them.
post #33 of 226 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 12:57 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Jul 2007
Vehicle: 1973 450 SL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
It's not just here. I see it on nearly every forum. It interestingly seems to have a genesis from [and I know this is going to be a surprise] the Right Wing Talk Show Circus.

It is like a "we lost, don't know what to do so we are going to laugh at the new guy and hope he screws up" mentality. The common thread is that there is NEVER a suggestion of what to do or a better suggestion or a logical alternative, just subjective criticism. And that is usually not even supportable by facts.

As is evidenced by the piss poor planning of the last eight years, I don't believe they understand the unintended consequences of those tactics.
My choice is easy and I pre-announced it. I will give your president the very same respect you gave mine.

(member of the growing 46 percent)

Charter member of the Vast Rightwing Conspiracy and proud of it.

God Bless the America we're trying to create.
--Hillary Rodham Clinton
post #34 of 226 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 01:08 PM
Brentwood MB

Bottomline, There is the problem. They were/are OUR president. Show some respect to the office!
post #35 of 226 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 01:10 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Feb 2006
Vehicle: 1999 ML320
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove View Post
Thes clowns just don't seem to notice that this country is failing due to the misguided policies of their uber-right heroes.
WE screwed up the country. Not Bush, not Congress, it is us , the standard American playing with Monopoly money.

Even Republicans are leaving them. Colin Powell, who was himself a member of the Bush administration who switched parties and supported Obama, suggested that people need to stop listening to Rush Limbaugh, and McCain has obviously had enough of these nuts. And why not? Do they really add anything to the national dialogue ? Does Limbaugh wishing failure on our newly inaugurated president help or hurt the nations resolve to get over this? People are starting to see the far right in America as what they are, a bunch of black-helicopter kooks who managed to get their hands on power and shit away this country. No one is listening to them anymore. Into the dustbin of history with the idiotic bastards. Watching Obama address the Muslim world last night, something they were incapable of, astonishing. Today Obama is meeting with all the Republicans in the House to discuss his economic plan, something Bush would rather have cut his cock off over instead of doing when it came to the Democrats. In eight days, Obama has been more of a president than Bush was in eight years. We finally have a leader. It's a new world.
Obama hasn't done anything yet except pandering to his constituents and core supporters, or changed much for that matter. Wait till he authorizes the second missile strike, then watch the Muslim world really call his bluff.
post #36 of 226 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 01:10 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Feb 2006
Vehicle: 1999 ML320
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Originally Posted by Brentwood MB View Post
Bottomline, There is the problem. They were/are OUR president. Show some respect to the office!
I command respect from you all.
post #37 of 226 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 01:13 PM
Brentwood MB

Command Respect: I was raised to EARN Respect!!
post #38 of 226 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 02:17 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Leonard Pitts: Limbaugh only loves attention
Posted Jan 26, 2009 @ 12:02 AM

“I hope he fails.”
— Rush Limbaugh

It is, of course, a calculated outrage.

Meaning, it was spewed by a clown in the media circus to kick a familiar sequence into motion: angry denunciation by bloggers, pundits and supporters of President Obama (the “he” whose failure is hoped), followed by Rush Limbaugh refusing to retract a word, a courageous truth teller who will not be moved. And, trailing behind, like the folks with brooms trail the elephants in the circus parade, Limbaugh’s devotees, complaining that their hero has been misquoted, misunderstood or otherwise mistreated. “What Rush meant was ... yadda yadda yadda.”

A calculated outrage.

And knowing this, knowing how adroitly media are manipulated by self-promoting media clowns who defame conservatism by calling themselves conservative, one is tempted to let the statement pass, to make its way unimpeded to the dustbin like so many other manufactured controversies. But occasionally, it’s necessary to intercept one of them and hold it up to the light.

This is one of those times. Not because what Limbaugh said on his radio program a few days before the inauguration was an outrage — outrage is the point, remember? — but rather, because of what the thing he said says about him and his fellow clowns.

“I hope he fails.”

Do you ever say that about your president if you are an American who loves your country? Would you say it about George W. Bush, who was disastrous, about Bill Clinton, who was slimy, about Jimmy Carter, who was inept, about Richard Nixon, who was crooked? You may think he’s going to fail, yes. You may warn he’s going to fail, yes.

But do you ever “hope” he fails? Knowing his failure is the country’s failure? Isn’t that, well ... disloyal?

The irony is that Limbaugh and the other clowns would have you believe they are bedrock defenders of this country, that they love it more than the rest of us, more than anything.

That’s a lie. Limbaugh just told us so, emphatically.

It’s not the country they love. It’s the attention. The ideology, their perversion of conservatism, is but a means toward that end.

Yes, an observer might point out that it’s counterproductive to give them attention while decrying their love of attention. But, as already noted, occasionally the clowns spew something that cannot, and ought not, be ignored.

Ideological division is nothing new to politics. But has ideology ever taken quite the seat of prominence it now enjoys? Have people ever been quite so prone to regard their ideological identity as more important than their national identity? The last 30 years are rare in that regard, if not unique.

“I hope he fails?!”

So that, what? The defamation of conservatism Limbaugh represents will stand vindicated? The Republicans will pick up a few seats in the midterm election? Limbaugh’s “side” — his word — will score points?

Is this only a game, then? No lives at stake, no future on the line, no planet in the balance? Just a game?

I hope he bricks this free throw.

I hope he fumbles that pass.

I hope he fails.

And to hell with the country.

The country doesn’t matter. The “side” does. And Limbaugh’s side seems angry in power and angry out. It’s as if anger is all they really have.

Barack Obama was elected in large part on a promise to carry the nation past anger, past the notion that either party has a monopoly on wisdom, past the belief that ideology is identity. He was elected because people want a sense of mission that makes them feel like Americans again.

If he is successful, Limbaugh and the other clowns will face tough sledding in a radically different world. Small wonder he is so eager to strangle this presidency in its infancy. And need it even be said?

I hope he fails.

Leonard Pitts is a columnist for the Miami Herald. His e-mail address is

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #39 of 226 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 02:19 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Jan 2008
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
How one person can have such control over the libs

© All photographs and likenesses of Multipurpose are protected under copyright
law. Any use of photographs in whole or in part is strictly prohibited
unless authorization is granted in writing by copyright holder. All rights
post #40 of 226 (permalink) Old 01-27-2009, 02:20 PM
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Quoted: 983 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Just like milfy, he can't wait for Obama to "fail". Watch him gloat as soon as he hist the first snag or set back.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: