Post Obama: Opponents hissy fits. - Page 11 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 226 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 10:45 AM
Brentwood MB

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
AH! Whining, Reminds me of a cruise thru Napa Valley with the top down, Eagles CD thumpin my speakers, Oh excuse me, that's a different Wine thingy,sorry.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 226 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 10:47 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Shit, now I'm going to be thinking of that all day. One of the posters here, cascade, lives out there, I did a meet up with him in Sacremento.

Spent a few glorious days just driving around, it is so beautiful there. Drove up to Mendecino from Sacremento, what a place, what a ride. Rode my Triumph up the coast highway back in my younger days, what a trip.... in more ways than one, wink, wink.... As soon as houses drop to 200 grand...

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address

Last edited by FeelTheLove; 01-28-2009 at 10:51 AM.
post #103 of 226 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 10:51 AM
It Is What It Is, Dude

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1978 107.024 RIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentwood MB View Post
What is that old Real Estate Addage: LOCATION, LOCATION,LOCATION.If you chose to be there, you live or die by your choice.
By accident of birth our situations are far more amenable to that sentiment than a large proportion of the world's billions. I consider myself most fortunate. You?
post #104 of 226 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 10:58 AM
Brentwood MB

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
We are most certainly privilaged. Lest we forget the reasons why, and how we all got here.
post #105 of 226 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 11:12 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Feb 2006
Vehicle: 1977 406 MB4/94
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to BADCASE
BUSHED

The Bush Administration did more to successfully destroy my country than any other political figure I can remember in American history. The fact that his administration has been successful in undermining the freedoms our citizens once enjoyed, like a right to privacy, the right to a trial, the right to freedom of information and to right to live in a country free from torture is the true legacy he leaves behind. When Bush entered office the only interest he had concerning the American people was how fast he could undermine its institutions in order to tap into the government’s piggy bank for his corporate buddies. Bush’s legacy for America is a government that is so tangled and twisted that the Obama administration will need more than two terms to clean it up. As one who fought for my country during the Nixon administration I prayed that the Republican Party would clean up its act, unfortunately they only refined their methods of using the RNC to further destroy this country by turning America’s citizen against each other for short term gains brought to us by a phony stock market and cheaper imports that now poison our children. The Bush regime has left us with the largest corporate Army of mercenaries unchecked by the absence of our state National Guard units who were diverted oversea to fight his trumped up war. He’s single handedly attempted to divert social security contributions of the worker of this nation into the stock market where those funds could be stolen legally as the market experienced rightsizing. The fact that the Bush administrations successfully undermined our legal system by shielding his corporate buddies from product liabilities and used international trade agreements to place blame for substandard merchandise on countries who could not be held accountable under his negotiated trade agreements is again his legacy.

The success of the Bush administration in appointing or consolidating Federal agencies to yield total incompetents or foster the Bush’s illegal schemes is again his legacy to the American people.

I only hope that Attorney General Gonzales’ firing of US attorneys will disclose not only this administration tampering with justice system but also definitely prove that the Republican National Committee RNC used its Email system to deliberately circumvent our open legislative process by allowing republican congressman and senators to deliberate and agree to regulatory policies outside the view of their constituents. This violation of open meetings act only fostered Republican success in their efforts to institutionalize corporate control of our Government from its people.

The last chapter of the Bush administration’s legacy still hasn’t been written in that, thanks to his bailout scheme for Corporate America’s stock market and banking institutions, his scheme to eliminate government pensions while continuing the looting of corporate retirement funds will indirectly be fulfilled through the unrestrained inflation of the American dollar as our government is forced to print more currency to avert a national depression. Unimog's BADCASE
post #106 of 226 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 12:06 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '11 C63 AMG, '11 Durango, 2X '68 250SE CONVs. '72 Unimog 411D w/plow, '85 190E 2.3-16
I've been a registered Independent for 10 years b/c both parties have been lying and bullshitting everyone.

But having said that the Gonzales firings pale in comparison to the ones carried out by Clinton/Reno if we can think back for a moment. The DEMS and REPS all do the same shit. Where was that outcry?

The Republicans blame Carter and Clinton for the lending initiatives and policies which have caused the economic collapse yet they were active participants and didn't utter a syllable while they milked the system and BTW Giethner will do NOTHING to clean up Wallstreet.

The Republicans blame Clinton for not "taking-out Osama" as well as the Cole and embassy bombings, yet Reagan and Bush senior armed Saddam and the mujahideen.

These guys blame one another on an 8 yr. rotation.
post #107 of 226 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 12:18 PM
It Is What It Is, Dude

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1978 107.024 RIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by johneurostar
But having said that the Gonzales firings pale in comparison to the ones carried out by Clinton/Reno if we can think back for a moment. The DEMS and REPS all do the same shit. Where was that outcry?

The 'Clinton/Reno firings' were of previous administration appointees, as is an incoming administration's prerogative. Bush did the same, to no one's consternation, as a part of his 2001 transition. No outcry warranted on either occasion. The Gonzalez firings were a demonstrably systemic attempt at politicizing the Justice Department.
post #108 of 226 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 12:29 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
It was more than that, it was a blatant attempt to steal the 2008 elections. All of these political District Attorneys were going to bring trumped up "voter fraud" cases against the Democrats all over the country. At the same time, their new Fuehrer Limbaugh was going to put into motion the whole ACORN exaggeration, in an attempt to make the Democrats look like they were going to steal the election, that the Democrats were dishonest, etc. Anyone who has lived in Texas could see Karl Rove's handiwork all over it, we lived thru years of that shit here before Rove took his scheming national. They tried to make it work any way, two or three of the phony D.A.'s brought voter fraud cases that were laughed out of court, and Limbaugh and Co went to work on ACORN, but without the nationwide effort that they tried to pull off, it didn't work.

To the other dude with the "Reno" thing, dude, you are buying a bunch of GOP horseshit. That was business as usual, every President gets to do that. What they don't get to do is use the Justice Department for political purposes. Who does use their Justice Department for political purposes? People like Hitler, Stalin, etc, which is why we, well let's just say we discourage it in America by throwing people into prison for it.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address

Last edited by FeelTheLove; 01-28-2009 at 12:32 PM.
post #109 of 226 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 12:44 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2008
Quoted: 754 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
What has occurred to rationalize this unprecedented whining? I don't recall anybody whining about Bush before the lies and the crimes against humanity well into his first term. Who was whining about Bush (or any other POTUS) after one week in office?
Bah, they still cry over the turn out of the 2000 election results! It never stopped for 8 years.

© All photographs and likenesses of Multipurpose are protected under copyright
law. Any use of photographs in whole or in part is strictly prohibited
unless authorization is granted in writing by copyright holder. All rights
reserved.
post #110 of 226 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 12:44 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '11 C63 AMG, '11 Durango, 2X '68 250SE CONVs. '72 Unimog 411D w/plow, '85 190E 2.3-16
isthisdave you are right! I would only add that the sheer scale of the Clinton firings were unprecendented and ironically enough 1 of the US attorneys which Reno/Clinton canned was within a month of indicting Dan "Rosti" Rostenkowski who at the time played an instrumental role in pushing through Clinton's economic initiatives.

Every President attempts, in some manner, to gain any advantage they can through their executive powers.

Last edited by johneurostar; 01-28-2009 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Error
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in