DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
I bet he doesn't even pay his power bill, too.
and the toilet paper and food and limo rides and super duper airplane accomodations, now does that make him an elitist?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 109 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 12:04 PM
Cruise Control

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: '87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1428 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Gawd, how I hate that elitist prick; what with the eating of cake and the wearing of fancy slacks, all the while Nero roams and burns his fiddler on the roof. SHIT!
post #53 of 109 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 12:21 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digmenow View Post
It's all about opportunity.

Every pass that President Obama gets now will lead to an expectation on his part that he will become more and more immune to any criticism. President Bush was roundly criticized for everything, big or small, and chose to ignore it. By most accounts, President Obama is a better man than that.

Let's call him on the little things now so that he'll realize that he'll be called to account for the big things later on.
Nice leap of logic.

Somehow I fail to see the connection between using prerecorded music [an established practice in open air venues], a error in the oath caused by both parties or a speech pattern and anything "dishonest in which to call anyone one. That is the ultimate in petty and it not germane to your example of Loss prevention.

Criticize policy, critique cabinet choices, demand full transparency. That is what is required. Laughing at the decision that taped music would be used on a day when those instruments could not have stayed in tune otherwise is just irrational. It serves no purpose, sends no signal to the Administration and only shows a level of desperation on the part of the right.

Yes we roundly criticized Bush. On policy, on his inability to think things through, his disregard of the Constitution, his character, on his piss poor judgment and the ramifications of that.

And should Obama be as stupid as Bush the folks on the right will have the same opportunities.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #54 of 109 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 12:27 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digmenow View Post
I'm not saying the current unpleasantness is President Obama's fault. He may well have all the answers that will save us from our misery.

I am speaking of one single act on his part that has been overlooked, I believe, with tacit approval. What can we expect to be overlooked next?

Both men made an error during the oath. The President spoke too soon, stopped and then repeated the first phrase properly. At that point, the Chief Justice took an extra beat. Maybe he simply forgot the phrase. Maybe he became distracted by the first error. We'll never know.

I have seen many reports on the CJ taking blame for his error. I haven't found any such admission from the President, even from Fox sources.

That the man who holds the highest office in the country will let someone else take the complete fall is a failure of character. It is a very small failure and possibly petty point, but it is a fact and it is his first act.
If you consider that a failure of character, I don't know how you didn't slit your wrists during the eight years of Bush. That must have been excruciating for you on a daily basis.

Thank goodness Obama has nothing better to do than address this egregious error of character. It might be possible that he moved on to real issues.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #55 of 109 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 12:32 PM
Forum Administrator RC Colas® & Moon Pies®

Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle: 1981 380SL 151K: 2001 E320 4Matic Estate 147K: 2008 E350 Sport 4Matic 120K: 2005 S500 116K
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1277 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
^^^
We've pretty much established that we see things differently.

Music didn't factor into my response.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

post #56 of 109 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 12:33 PM
Forum Administrator RC Colas® & Moon Pies®

Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle: 1981 380SL 151K: 2001 E320 4Matic Estate 147K: 2008 E350 Sport 4Matic 120K: 2005 S500 116K
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1277 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post

And should Obama be as stupid as Bush the folks on the right will have the same opportunities.
We almost agreed, there. Left or right should have nothing to do with it.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

post #57 of 109 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 12:48 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1999 ML320
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Bear,
We've passed the music performance discussion about 10 posts ago. It's the free pass discussion now and frankly I am impressed by Dig's analysis and by LMSM's (NY Times) reporting of this little fiasco.
Remember many of the Obama folks are holdovers from the Clinton administration and we all know how upright and principled they all are. The removal of Whitehouse objects, petty firing of travel staff , these are all insignificant in the big scheme of things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
Nice leap of logic.

Somehow I fail to see the connection between using prerecorded music [an established practice in open air venues], a error in the oath caused by both parties or a speech pattern and anything "dishonest in which to call anyone one. That is the ultimate in petty and it not germane to your example of Loss prevention.

Criticize policy, critique cabinet choices, demand full transparency. That is what is required. Laughing at the decision that taped music would be used on a day when those instruments could not have stayed in tune otherwise is just irrational. It serves no purpose, sends no signal to the Administration and only shows a level of desperation on the part of the right.

Yes we roundly criticized Bush. On policy, on his inability to think things through, his disregard of the Constitution, his character, on his piss poor judgment and the ramifications of that.

post #58 of 109 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 04:21 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2005
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
This thread reeks of absurdity masking itself as substance

Hey, I got "disengenuinosity and millievanillyness and musicalitousness" right and was busted for a false profit....

Talk about absurdity.....
post #59 of 109 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 04:35 PM
Cruise Control

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: '87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
Quoted: 1428 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
I say YOU are the correct prophet, sir!
post #60 of 109 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 04:38 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Quoted: 1763 Post(s)
Quote:
This thread reeks of absurdity masking itself as substance
this thread?

this thread?

this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in