post #31 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 09:42 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: My Two Left Feet
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
Of course the area of town you need to live in is the one you can afford and nearest your job. Major commutes are time consuming and expensive. Don't fall into that trap. Live near your job just once and you will understand.
Like all major suburban cities there are wonderful pockets everywhere. I always look at initial cost versus immediate resale as my priority and I suggest you do the same. Freedom comes from being able to profit where other are led down the daisy path of indulgence or ignorance as acceptable behavior.
Good words. I read part of a book that spoke of the importance of people choosing careers based on whats most important in life at the time. If they want to raise a family or have a better opportunity to meet some one to settle down with they may choose to live further from their job or take lesser pay. If they feel settling down is not their thing, they may chose to take a higher paying job, but have less of an opportunity to meet some body. I gave up on both.

3. Paul Hamm, Gymnast: I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-14-2009, 10:10 PM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Dec 2006
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove View Post
Irving used to be nice but it's turned into a fucking pit. Nice area in Las Colinas surrounded by aging 70's oil boom suburbs, traffic in and out is nothing short of horrendous, and taxes headed nowhere but up, Las Colinas is actually part of Irving, home to hundreds of thousands of illegals. You will find a whole new urban paradigm: "suburban slums", which is mostly what Irving is if you take out Las Colinas. You get to pay to educate them if you live there, which in a way, is only right.
No argument, there.

Quote:
Arlington,used to be nice, but now they are screamers with big crime problems, racial problems as Bubba sees his pie shrinking, and aging infrastucture and traffic that will make you insane.
I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with you on that one. (Traffic on Cooper sucks, though) I live in a little nazi community/suburb of Arlington that is surreal as one could imagine. Of course, my 300k house is the "ghetto" home of the neighborhood. Add my PTA-Stay-Home-Hispanic wife to the equation...and you have the talk of the town (hall). LoL.
post #33 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-14-2009, 10:12 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)
Honestly, it is Highland Park or Uptown or fuck it if you want resale and close to action play.
post #34 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-14-2009, 10:33 PM
BenzWorld Extremist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
Well meaning information about Dallas, but not really well balanced and thought out regarding needs. I am born and raised in Dallas and have made my living there, and still do with my commercial real estate interests. I will never bite the hand that feeds me, which is the very nice, growing, and improving town of Dallas.
Of course the area of town you need to live in is the one you can afford and nearest your job. Major commutes are time consuming and expensive. Don't fall into that trap. Live near your job just once and you will understand.
Like all major suburban cities there are wonderful pockets everywhere. I always look at initial cost versus immediate resale as my priority and I suggest you do the same. Freedom comes from being able to profit where other are led down the daisy path of indulgence or ignorance as acceptable behavior. Perhaps if we knew what area you are working in and what price range you desire, we could pinpoint you to something you can be proud of in the long run.
Well, shit. I can't find anything hateful and spiteful to say to you. Either the Franzsikaner is making me a pussy tonight or I'm actually finding a common ground with you. Dunno, really. So if I'm drunk, fuck you. On the other hand, I could be actually agreeing with you......in that case, cheers mate.
post #35 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-14-2009, 11:14 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Sep 2006
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by amgdriven View Post
Well, shit. I can't find anything hateful and spiteful to say to you. Either the Franzsikaner is making me a pussy tonight or I'm actually finding a common ground with you. Dunno, really. So if I'm drunk, fuck you. On the other hand, I could be actually agreeing with you......in that case, cheers mate.

Next thing you know dogs and cats will be mating.
post #36 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-14-2009, 11:29 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1999 ML320
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by amgdriven View Post
Still at it aren't you, Mr metrosexual ?
post #37 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-14-2009, 11:34 PM
CH4S Artist

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 957 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Irving used to be nice but it's turned into a fucking pit. Nice area in Las Colinas surrounded by aging 70's oil boom suburbs, traffic in and out is nothing short of horrendous, and taxes headed nowhere but up, Las Colinas is actually part of Irving, home to hundreds of thousands of illegals. You will find a whole new urban paradigm: "suburban slums", which is mostly what Irving is if you take out Las Colinas. You get to pay to educate them if you live there, which in a way, is only right.

If you can stand the drive, anything north or east of Denton is excellent, but the real secret place is south of there, in Ennis, which is still a country town with low property prices and still lots of open space, make sure you check it out, it is worth the commute time, along with the neighboring town of Mansfield. The ageing suburbs are the places to stay away from: Arlington, North Dallas, Irving, Farmer's Branch, all used to be nice, but now they are screamers with big crime problems, racial problems as Bubba sees his pie shrinking, and aging infrastucture and traffic that will make you insane.
We didn't live there for long, had a home on the E. Rochelle duck pond, and left in the late 80's.
I liked Las Colinas then, and commuting to our business in N. Dallas, Arapaho (just E. of the tollway) often via Beltline wasn't too bad.
Apparently the area has changed a lot since.
post #38 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-15-2009, 01:14 AM
BenzWorld Extremist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Adder View Post
Next thing you know dogs and cats will be mating.
Hence, your birth.
post #39 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-15-2009, 01:16 AM
BenzWorld Extremist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlfun View Post
Still at it aren't you, Mr metrosexual ?
Long day, short night. Hazmat blaring on the headset with alcohol poisoned blood. Yup, still at it, fuck head. Hey, speaking of which, how is your insecure, miniscule life treating you? Gnawing on any barrels lately? If not, let me help you with that………..
post #40 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-15-2009, 09:29 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teutone View Post
We didn't live there for long, had a home on the E. Rochelle duck pond, and left in the late 80's.
I liked Las Colinas then, and commuting to our business in N. Dallas, Arapaho (just E. of the tollway) often via Beltline wasn't too bad.
Apparently the area has changed a lot since.
Since the late '80s Dallas has exploded in growth even more. The Dallas/Fort Worth metro area is now more populated and larger than Houston metro and really should be counted as one area because quite simply it is and has been for over 20 years. Irving is no hell hole, it is just mostly a blue collar subdivided residential area with some industry. It is not scary or that bad.
The only thing bad about Dallas is the heat July thru September, other than that there is nothing one can really bitch about.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in