Damn Jayhawk. - Page 4 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 07:11 AM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Oct 2004
Vehicle: 2006 E55, 2005 SLK55, a few others
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I guess dear ol' Obama isn't all that either then, it must be the guy writing his speeches as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 08:28 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2008
Vehicle: 1981 380SL - Lorinser bodykit w/16x7 LOs - AKA "Frau Blau"(Lady Blue)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregs210 View Post
It is a magnificent speech, but all he did was deliver it. If you are going to get all teary, best to tell the guy who wrote it how much it touched you.
Yeah, tell the puppeteer how well stroked we've all been feeling for the last 8 years!

"If you don't know what you're looking for it's kind of hard to find it!"

CCTORONTO:
Quote:
If it helps America through it's current crisis, I say go ahead! We can take it, after all we're Canadian!

Blame Canada!!
post #33 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 11:32 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTRower View Post
A whole lot less than were killed in the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki where we intentionally targeted civilians.
Ah grasshopper, take BOTH of Bushie's quotes together for the reason I posted it.

Let's start again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWB 1/15/09
In the 21st century, security and prosperity at home depend on the expansion of liberty abroad. If America does not lead the cause of freedom, that cause will not be led.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWB 1/15/09 -- Next Paragraph
Murdering the innocent to advance an ideology is wrong every time, everywhere.
So how many Iraqi civilians were killed during Shock and Awe starting March 20, 2003?

The bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki were to END a war, not start one. And the death tolls from those two [approx 100K] don't add up to the Shock and Awe of the first month of bombing of Iraq [220K].

Of course more died afterward in Hiroshima and Nagasaki from radiation and injuries but again more died from injuries and starvation in Iraq afterward also. Neither were high marks of civilization. One, however does not excuse the other.

The SUBJECT OF THE POST was the complete conflict of Bushie between his two opposing views, just one minute apart. First to push "freedom" to the world and second that "Murdering the innocent to advance an ideology is wrong every time, everywhere". See where you managed to get distracted.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #34 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 11:36 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2008
Quoted: 748 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit96 View Post
Yeah, tell the puppeteer how well stroked we've all been feeling for the last 8 years!
I and everybody I know, have done exceedingly well the last 8 years, buy then we're mighty conservative with our monies and don't buy unless we can afford that which we want!

I don't need no $300,000 house that is only worth $150,000 or a new foreign car just to keep an appearance!

© All photographs and likenesses of Multipurpose are protected under copyright
law. Any use of photographs in whole or in part is strictly prohibited
unless authorization is granted in writing by copyright holder. All rights
reserved.
post #35 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 11:59 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multipurpose View Post
I and everybody I know, have done exceedingly well the last 8 years, buy then we're mighty conservative with our monies and don't buy unless we can afford that which we want!

I don't need no $300,000 house that is only worth $150,000 or a new foreign car just to keep an appearance!
Buying what you can afford is the best philosophy. It would have kept many folks, companies and the country out of trouble this past bit.

If everyone you know has done exceedingly well this past eight years you must run in a very tight circle of friends. Most of us know folks who have done very very well and folks who have crashed with devastating results.

And most folks don't buy for appearances, I think they buy for personal satisfaction. I think the "keeping up with the Jones'" peer pressure is highly overrated as a reason to buy.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #36 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 12:01 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multipurpose View Post

So I take it you all are high level executives in the insurance/banking industry?
Because I think that's the only folks that have come out of this shit ahead of the game (at the taxpayers expense). Everyone I know has lost money (as far as retirement, etc) And I consider myself extremely conservative with my money. I have a 95 silverado that I drive to work in the winter, a 95 yamaha that I ride to work in the summer, and an 81 380SL that I am working on for a project. I have a $150k house that is worth $150k.
I and many others like me are part of a disappearing middle class that have about had enough of getting beat down constantly. And you know what happens to people that are constantly spouting the "let them eat cake" rhetoric...

CCTORONTO:
Quote:
If it helps America through it's current crisis, I say go ahead! We can take it, after all we're Canadian!

Blame Canada!!
post #37 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 12:09 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit96 View Post
So I take it you all are high level executives in the insurance/banking industry?
Because I think that's the only folks that have come out of this shit ahead of the game (at the taxpayers expense). Everyone I know has lost money (as far as retirement, etc) And I consider myself extremely conservative with my money. I have a 95 silverado that I drive to work in the winter, a 95 yamaha that I ride to work in the summer, and an 81 380SL that I am working on for a project. I have a $150k house that is worth $150k.
I and many others like me are part of a disappearing middle class that have about had enough of getting beat down constantly. And you know what happens to people that are constantly spouting the "let them eat cake" rhetoric...
I think that MOST of the BWOT crowd is firmly entrenched in the middle class. We have some that tickle the top of it and some that tickle the bottom of it. But overall, we are a pretty successful, stable group. OK, maybe not so stable.

I have a friend who is 64. FORMERLY retired. She just started back to work this last week. The last year took just a bit too much of her retirement fund for her comfort. That story is repeating alot. And considering there are just not that many jobs, it is going to cause an odd conflict.

McBear,
Kentucky

post #38 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 12:55 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
I like being at the bottom
post #39 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 12:56 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
I think that MOST of the BWOT crowd is firmly entrenched in the middle class. We have some that tickle the top of it and some that tickle the bottom of it. But overall, we are a pretty successful, stable group. OK, maybe not so stable.

I have a friend who is 64. FORMERLY retired. She just started back to work this last week. The last year took just a bit too much of her retirement fund for her comfort. That story is repeating alot. And considering there are just not that many jobs, it is going to cause an odd conflict.
I know - that is why posts like mp's get me fired up. My frigging financial advisor saying "oh, stay the course"(she actually said that , too) and "think of buying good stocks at really low prices" while my 401 loses over a THIRD of it's value!!
I'm tickling the bottom of the middle class now. If either my wife or myself lost our jobs, it would be a very difficult proposition. And as far as retirement I was hoping to have enough in about 6 years to do that. Not now. At the rate things are going now, I will be just like your friend.

CCTORONTO:
Quote:

Blame Canada!!
post #40 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 01:23 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
I like being at the bottom
You mean ...on the bottom, don't you?

Don't believe everything you think
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in