450 dead and 2300 injured are not enough.. - Page 61 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #601 of 680 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 07:34 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jan 2008
Vehicle: '08 C 300 Avantgarde Sport, '07 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd, '02 CLK 200 Kompressor Avantgarde
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well stated, JJ.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #602 of 680 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 07:52 PM
Cruise Control

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: '87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1426 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
The Israeli government is similarly a terrorist group...hell, the US is also a terrorist group. None of the major players can claim the moral high ground, though on the scale of street level impact, Israel is top terrorist dog in the region--bar none.
post #603 of 680 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 08:07 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetjok View Post
Being new to this site, I'll try to curb my tongue, but thought I'd reply to this one post of the many I've read, that you've written. Sorry in advance if it offends you. So with that in mind, here goes:

Hamas is a terrorist group. Pure and simple. As well, they are a bunch of cowards, who sow indiscriminate terror on unsuspecting civilians, ongoingly, and have been doing so for quite some time. Whereas the Israeli military tries to kill Hamas fighters, they do so with precision strikes, either by guided rockets, laser guided bombs and artillery, or other weapons that are aimed. Conversely, Hamas parks car bombs outside hospitals, schools, government buildings, etc, uses suicide bombers in crowed shopping centers and disco-techs (I had walked right by the Tel Aviv disco, a half an hour before the suicide bomber blew himself up.) As well, they launch unguided rockets, having no idea where they will land, as long as they land on Israel.

So you say: " You call Hamas a terrorsit group for killing a dozen Israeli children. Israel's current assault killed so far 250 children, 100 women and injured about a 3100 half of which are women and children." Do you understand why so many Arab civilians are getting killed? You can blame Hamas for their deaths, because Hamas intentionally lives in and around these civilians, and an airstrike, even a precision strike, cannot take out just one or a few people. Dropping a 500 or 1000 pound bomb, even if a direct hit on its intended target, will cause damage to lots of surrounding buildings and people.

I hate this war, just like I've hated every war that we've fought since Viet Nam, but feel that Israel has got to force Hamas out of Palestine if there's ever to be any lasting peace. Personally I don't think that peace is possible in the region, due in large part to the religious fanaticism on both sides. If the Jews living in Israel were to say to the Arabs living there, "Hey, we've had enough, we're leaving and going back to Brooklyn, all that we've built, we leave to you", the Arabs would still want to kill them all. Do you know that in many Arab states, their maps of the region don't even acknowledge Israel's existence. In fact when we started flying into Dubai, one of our Senior Vice Presidents flew over there to present a few gifts to the Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates. One of those gifts was a large wall chart of the world and where my company operated into and out of, however one of the minister's underlings wouldn't allow it to be presented because it had the state of Israel on it.

JJ
That's an excellent assessment of the situation and you are spot on about the perception of each group about the other.
The problem that I am having is that we the USA are allowing one side to manipulate us while we cater to the two sides. We have to take a stand; either we play fair for both sides, take side and back one player or STFU and wash our hands from that clusterfuck.
post #604 of 680 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 08:08 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jan 2009
Vehicle: 2002 CLK320; 2006 CLK350 Cabriolet; 2011 E350 Cab; 2014 E550 Cab
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
None of the major players can claim the moral high ground, though on the scale of street level impact, Israel is top terrorist dog in the region--bar none.
From my experience, it's always better to be on top, unless of course she's gorgeous.
post #605 of 680 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 08:12 PM
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
From my experience, it's always better to be on top, unless of course she's gorgeous.
Paper bags work better
post #606 of 680 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 08:14 PM
It Is What It Is, Dude

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1978 107.024 RIP
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Fuckin' A, Skippy......

post #607 of 680 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 08:17 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
Paper bags work better

Or one could just stick with the old reliable burqah.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	burqa_style_gowns_muslim_womens_apparel%5B1%5D[1].jpg
Views:	35
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	215748  
post #608 of 680 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 08:18 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jan 2009
Vehicle: 2002 CLK320; 2006 CLK350 Cabriolet; 2011 E350 Cab; 2014 E550 Cab
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
That's an excellent assessment of the situation and you are spot on about the perception of each group about the other.
The problem that I am having is that we the USA are allowing one side to manipulate us while we cater to the two sides. We have to take a stand; either we play fair for both sides, take side and back one player or STFU and wash our hands from that clusterfuck.
The problem is that if we do as you suggest, i.e. "take a stand; either we play fair for both sides, take sides and back one player or STFU and wash our hands from that clusterfuck.", and then Israel finds itself backed into a corner (even more so than they already are, geographically that is), their will to survive would make the current onslaught seem like a freakin' picnic. Believe me, strategic as well as tactical nukes will be used by them. They have to because they know what we don't seem to understand, and that is that the ENTIRE ARAB WORLD is against them. They would have no choice but to defend themselves, because nobody is parting the Mediterranean Sea anytime soon. And I believe that those missiles would fly far and wide. Not good.

JJ
post #609 of 680 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 08:20 PM
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
The problem is that if we do as you suggest, i.e. "take a stand; either we play fair for both sides, take sides and back one player or STFU and wash our hands from that clusterfuck.", and then Israel finds itself backed into a corner (even more so than they already are, geographically that is), their will to survive will make the current onslaught seem like a freakin' picnic. Believe me, strategic as well as tactical nukes will be used by them. They have to because they know what we don't seem to understand, and that is that the ENTIRE ARAB WORLD is against them. They would have no choice but to defend themselves, because nobody is parting the Mediterranean Sea anytime soon. And I believe that those missiles would fly far and wide. Not good.

JJ
Aren't Egypt and Jordan already in the pocket? So why the fear, unless you know they are playing us?
post #610 of 680 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 08:21 PM
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by baby boo View Post
Or one could just stick with the old reliable burqah.
Boo, let's not start demonizing people's cultural choice. We know that Hamas is piece a shit so at least we are on the same page and let's keep it that way
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in