LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 680 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 03:56 PM
Cruise Control

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: '87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1427 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Oh puhleeze, Bush was...uh, well (s)elected, and then went on to perpetrate mass attrocities on his watch. Do you suggest we the Merkin public were similarly culpable and should face material retribution?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 680 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 03:59 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
Oh puhleeze, Bush was...uh, well (s)elected, and then went on to perpetrate mass attrocities on his watch. Do you suggest we the Merkin public were similarly culpable and should face material retribution?
Erm, yes the "Merkin public were similarly culpable". Should we all pretend the '04 election never occurred?

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #53 of 680 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 03:59 PM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
Well, around 72% of y'all (I exclude myself at first) were very publicly pissed at the man, and as it turns out, you were right to be. One big difference, you may recall, we were attacked first. That's how you keep the moral high-ground; you don't start shit. Someone etch that in arabic on a giant stone tablet and air-drop it over Gaza, and we may get somewhere (assuming they read arabic - I have no idea).

And as a follow-up, yes, my theorem holds just as true for us as it does for them. Bush was the person this nation selected to carry out their will. Sometimes leaders go bat-shit crazy; that's when the people need to try to reign them back in or set up some flares warning others. We kinda did that at least, as a people. Haven't seen it from Palestine yet.
post #54 of 680 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 04:00 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2008
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 748 Post(s)
Queen
LOOK, its a one arm man rowing a boat!

© All photographs and likenesses of Multipurpose are protected under copyright
law. Any use of photographs in whole or in part is strictly prohibited
unless authorization is granted in writing by copyright holder. All rights
reserved.
post #55 of 680 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 04:02 PM
DP

Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR View Post
Your first sentence is contradictory (I actually said "Bullshit" aloud when I read it). The Palestinians "freely elected" Hamas into power. Are they now considering their vote a mistake and we're just not hearing it? I'll let someone else answer that, but failing this as being the case, Hamas is the "executive" branch of the people's will, and it appears, the will of the Palestinians is to bomb the shit out of Israel. One problem - they're terribly ill equipped to do so with any efficacy. Oops.

Let's hear some stories about how upset Palestinians are with their ruling party, and how they think it was a grave mistake to start firing rockets into Israel - then we can talk about what bastards the Israelis are.
Hamas was elected but there are a lot of Palestinians that are NOT pro Hamas simply because THEY ARE NOT Muslim extremists. Hamas was an offshoot of the Muslim Brotherhood (which originated as a political movement in Egypt) but many Palestinians are actually very secular and most likely to fall inline with Fatah. Here is the problem:
Israel and the USA marginalized Fatah! What do you think the Palestinians will have done since the USA would not talk to Fatah and there were no other parties other than Hamas out there? Let me put simply: They were set up to fail. Do you know why? Use that same line of thought you had about the Palestinians wanting to "bomb the shit out of Israel". See what you come up with
post #56 of 680 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 04:06 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2006
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR View Post
That's how you keep the moral high-ground; you don't start shit. Someone etch that in arabic on a giant stone tablet and air-drop it over Gaza, and we may get somewhere (assuming they read arabic - I have no idea).

أنت لا تبدأ برعشيت

I did what I could.
post #57 of 680 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 04:08 PM
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by maine_coon View Post

أنت لا تبدأ برعشيت

I did what I could.
You got the first half right but the actual word for shit is wrong

انت لاتبدأ الخرا

Last edited by DP; 01-03-2009 at 04:15 PM.
post #58 of 680 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 04:21 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1999 ML320
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
That's the level and kind of discussion we need Not the poisonous, hatred laden shit from milfy and Multi.
Most of us (the sane ones) are in agreement that Hamas even though elected is not helping the Palestinian cause and that Israel's policies towards the Arab population is basically in par if not filthier than apartheid. The concern is about WHERE DO WE STAND as a nation that claims to be a broker in this mess? We are far from being fair since we clearly side the Israelis as if they can do no wrong. All you have to do is simply read the comments from our forum local village idiots as they already have passed judgment on who's anti Semitic for simply opposing said policies. They personify the state of mind organizations such as AIPAC wants OUR people to adopt regardless if it makes us look dumb. How long can we carry this arrogance around?
That's the most misleading understatement of this thread.
Hamas holds its own population hostage thus TERRORIZING its own people for their "cause" whatever that is.
post #59 of 680 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 04:28 PM
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlfun View Post
That's the most misleading understatement of this thread.
Hamas holds its own population hostage thus TERRORIZING its own people for their "cause" whatever that is.
You have NO IDEA what you're talking about. There are Palestinians, right or wrong, by free will, that are ready to die for Hamas. Hamas is not simply a party or a group of people; it will be too complicated for your simpleton brain to comprehend unless I pain it it in black and white for you but I don't have that skill.
post #60 of 680 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 04:31 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2008
Quoted: 748 Post(s)
Any organization that calls for a worldwide attack on others based on religious affiliation deserves what it gets. Hope Israel finishes the job this time before the misguided do-gooders shut them down.

© All photographs and likenesses of Multipurpose are protected under copyright
law. Any use of photographs in whole or in part is strictly prohibited
unless authorization is granted in writing by copyright holder. All rights
reserved.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in