BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2006
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahloube View Post
maine_coon,

Do you refer to a goy as an it?
no, I refer to you as to whatever you are.

Anyone can be anyone on the net.

you might be a man. or a woman. or a goat. or mullah's collective voice.

not that I care, trollie.

Last edited by maine_coon; 01-08-2009 at 04:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 680 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 05:12 PM
Cruise Control

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: '87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1426 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove View Post
You forgot smallpox, that one's my favorite.

Oh, and read this, and explain to me why I shouldn't think you're a duped rube.

Israel should be wiped off map, says Iran's president | World news | The Guardian

Especially this paragraph:

The only reason people are using language calling for the annihilation of Palestine is because the Iranians and their Hamas stooges started it first. Fuck them. They want annihilation, well, fucking give it to them. I hope Israel shells their mosques with phosporous.

I'm done attempting to engage with you on this topic. You've embraced the neocon arguments lock stock and barrel, and I have no interest in re-hashing the last five years of the Botnst's hyperbolic gibberish
post #543 of 680 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 05:43 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
I'm done attempting to engage with you on this topic. You've embraced the neocon arguments lock stock and barrel, and I have no interest in re-hashing the last five years of the Botnst's hyperbolic gibberish
He finally demonstrated that he is not immune to REAL taboo subjects such as this one, he has limits.
post #544 of 680 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 11:12 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: 1990 500 SEL, 2003 Range Rover HSE
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR View Post
^ These are two new gifts for the Palestinians, provided by the Israelis. Let's see what they do with them.
Gifts locked in a safe with the keys thrown in the ocean Survivors of the Sabra & Shatilla massacre couldn't do anything to the culprits.. Only cost a couple of assassinations and a change of law. Why do you think these crimes hold better chance? If the AIPAc can commission the world's only super power to fight Israel's wars for it, why can't Israel lobbyists abort any effort to hold the culprits responsible?

Still, you're right. Israel's crimes should, at least, be made known to the world. In countries where there is some graphic coverage of the war (the world minus the US), there are public demonstrations of support to Gazans.
post #545 of 680 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 11:23 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
Oh, horseshit. This is a nation engaged in self defense. They only reason you have no interest in continuing is because you find it impossible to deal with the cognitive dissonce created by trying to portray the murderers of Hamas as some sort of oppressed heros. These guys attack innocent civilians, using weapons with no guidance systems, guaranteeing random slaughter. No matter what the other circumstances are, this has to stop, only then can we move on to what their actual issues are, you know, the ones where they got 95% of what they were asking for before they decided to blow up kids in school buses instead of taking the deal. yeah, neo-con, right.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #546 of 680 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 11:38 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove View Post
Your ability to rationalize the murder of children based on numerical score makes me want to vomit.
I never said it was ok to kill children, not Israelis and not Palestinians.

Quote:
Here's a number: 1500 sailors and a few hundred Hawaiin civilians were killed by the Japanese at Pearl Harbor. In 1945, we evened the score by annihilating 200,000 Japanese civilians at Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Most Americans would call that "an even trade". Until that trade was made, the Japanese were willing to go on killing. It took utter anihilation for them to see the light. Since it ended the deaths of American boys, it was a trade well worth it. If subjecting Gaza to this kind of anihilation is the only way to stop this madness, well then, damn it, do it.
If I were to play Freud, I'd say FTL (and probably a lot of Americans) sides by Israel because America did it before and he thinks it's ok as long as it saves their boys. Would you have the same view if the Japanese nuked a couple of US cities killing hundreds of thousands of Americans and saving their own boys??

Quote:
War is hell. There is no math to it, no calculus, no system of mathematical logic, people just get killed, and the one who kills the most people or incites the most mind-numbing terror wins. If you don't want to see your kids killed, don't engage in it. By voting in Hamas, the Palestinian people remind me of the old story of the man who took a viper as a pet.
Unfortunately, you're right. But we were having a normal life until some groups of people decided they wanted a new home on a land that God gave to them 3 centuries ago (which happened to be the one on which we built our homes, farms and lives). The viper forced itself on us and just can't stop biting for decades now.

Quote:
All states are terrorist states if they are forced to by circumstance. Until the Palestinians learn that non-violent resistance is their real ticket to freedom and that compromise is sometimes necessary, they will simply be part of the endless spiral of violence that has brought them nowhere forever. The Israelis are forced to do this, simply because Hamas refuses to stop firing rockets into Israel, and to admit that the existence of Israel is a fact as they join their Iranian sponsors, enemies of the United States, in it's Nazi-holocaust rhetoric that scares the shit out of the Jews. I see no other reasons. Remove these two reasons, and the American people will become sympathetic to the plight of the Palestinians, until then, well, when you took a viper as a pet, as the old story goes, you should have expected it might kill your favorite son
Tell me what nations on earth got their freedom through non-violent resistance?? Forget India as it took the British a World War to leave.

Compromise?? As in the form of UN Resolution 181 or 242? My home town will be given to Israel but never mind as it gives both nations peace. Can you, the mighty US super power, or anybody else make Israel accept our compromise?? Can anybody stop Israel from building its apartheid wall?? Can anybody stop Israel from building more colonies?? Can't Israel make a single compromise?? I forgot.. the winner ("the one who kills the most people or incites the most mind-numbing terror wins", according to you) takes it all.
post #547 of 680 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 01:39 PM
CH4S Artist

Vehicle: 1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 956 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Few speak out for Palestinians in U.S. Congress

Few speak out for Palestinians in U.S. Congress
Fri Jan 9, 2009 1:56pm EST

By Susan Cornwell

WASHINGTON, Jan 9 (Reuters) - Many voices around the world speak up for the Palestinians, but few in the U.S. Congress.

Lawmakers in Washington routinely pass nonbinding resolutions supporting Israel during Middle East crises. The Senate on Thursday backed Israel's battle against Hamas militants in the Gaza Strip and the House of Representatives followed on Friday.

Even U.S. lawmakers who express sympathy for the Palestinians hesitate to call themselves pro-Palestinian and they voice strong support for the security of Israel as well, hewing to decades of close U.S.-Israeli ties.

"When these events occur, there's almost a knee-jerk reaction of Congress that endorses 1,000 percent what Israel is doing," said Nick Rahall, a West Virginia Democrat and Lebanese-American who has voted against some of the measures and did so again on Friday.

"Israel is our ally. ... It always has been, with which I perfectly agree. But I don't believe in allowing that to blind us to what is in our best interests, or giving knee-jerk approval to anything Israel does. We don't do that with any other ally," he told Reuters.

Washington has been Israel's closest ally since 1948, when President Harry Truman made the United States the first country to recognize the new Jewish state.

Harry Reid, who leads the Democratic majority in the Senate, gave voice to the depth of the relationship when he said on Thursday, "Our resolution reflects the will of the State of Israel and the will of the American people."

The Senate measure offered "unwavering commitment" to Israel. It recognized "its right to act in self-defense to protect its citizens against acts of terrorism" and urged a ceasefire that would keep Hamas from firing rockets at Israel.

That closely tracked Republican President George W. Bush's comments on the crisis, said Ric Stoll, professor of political science at Rice University, who questioned whether it helped U.S. diplomats trying to broker a ceasefire.

LANDSLIDE VOTES

"You don't have to say Hamas are nice folks," Stoll said. "(But) how do you convince supporters of the Palestinians to pressure Hamas to go for a ceasefire, if your statements look like you are tilting heavily towards Israel?"

The House on Friday passed a resolution "recognizing Israel's right to defend itself against attacks from Gaza" by 390-5. The measure noted that the humanitarian situation in Gaza "is becoming more acute" but did not rebuke Israel.

The House has passed similar measures in recent years by landslides.

In 2006, the House voted 410-8 to condemn Hamas and Hezbollah for "unprovoked and reprehensible armed attacks against Israel" and supported Israel's incursion into Lebanon.

In 2004, the vote was 407-9 to support a statement by Bush that it was "unrealistic" to expect Israel to return completely to pre-1967 borders. In 2003, it was 399-5 to support Israel's forceful response to Palestinian attacks as justified.

The few opponents of the measures often include lawmakers of Arab-American descent or from Arab-American communities, and mavericks such as Democrat Dennis Kucinich of Ohio and Republican Ron Paul of Texas.

Kucinich, who sought the Democratic presidential nomination last year, charged that the United States was ignoring the current humanitarian crisis in Gaza while facilitating Israel's actions with arms deals worth billions.

Washington "sniffs at the slaughter of innocents in Gaza," he said. "U.S. tax dollars, U.S. jets and U.S. helicopters provided to Israel are enabling the slaughter in Gaza."

James Zogby, president of the Arab American Institute, said the Israeli lobby is often seen as the force behind pro-Israel votes, but he thinks it is not that simple.

Some Americans "don't have a clue" about the Palestinians' history, he said.

Lawmakers also take foreign policy cues from the president, Zogby said, so some change could lie ahead with President-elect Barack Obama, who has said little about the crisis so far. (Editing by Eric Walsh)

© Thomson Reuters 2009 All rights reserved
post #548 of 680 (permalink) Old 01-10-2009, 12:26 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
post #549 of 680 (permalink) Old 01-10-2009, 12:52 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2008
Quoted: 743 Post(s)
GO ISRAEL!

© All photographs and likenesses of Multipurpose are protected under copyright
law. Any use of photographs in whole or in part is strictly prohibited
unless authorization is granted in writing by copyright holder. All rights
reserved.

Last edited by Multipurpose; 01-26-2012 at 08:46 PM.
post #550 of 680 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
The number of casualties now more than doubled at 920 killed and 4300 injured, a third of which are children. The Israeli killing machine seems well lubricated with the fresh blood of young victims. And the morale couldn't be higher, thanks to a clown for a cheer leader.
VVV

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in