BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: 1990 500 SEL, 2003 Range Rover HSE
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Multipurpose View Post
Have there been reports of Hamas taking refuge in the school?
See the picture for yourself and decide. How can combatants hide in an open UNRWA school?? UNRWA employees will throw them away. Plus, militants usually work in secrecy because they don't want any traitors to report them and blow the entire cell into pieces. We have many spies/traitors and Israel has been playing this game a long time now. Ever heard of Dahlan and his gang. They get cash rewards for such services.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #432 of 680 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 03:51 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlfun View Post
.. I would just add that nation forming is NOT easy. Small steps at a time....

What most Palestinians see now is resistance gave them something, like the Israeli withdrawal from Gaza in 2005 while peace talks gave them nothing, thanks mostly to Israel's lack of interest in peace (for Palestinians, at least).
post #433 of 680 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 03:53 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Multipurpose View Post
They seem to be the ones who continually want to escalate things, plus they are the
one who try to bring civilians into the mix by hiding behind them.
And your sources, apart from the IDF, are .. ???
post #434 of 680 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 04:00 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreiRN View Post
Then it will be a period of PACE and hopefully some prosperity.
Killing will bring more killing and I am for let it be.
Palestinian fighters, at least, are ready to die for an independent, sovereign state. As long as Israel keeps throwing crumbs to us as if we were its slaves and wondering why don't accept its generous offers , there will never be peace for the Israelis. Resistance is ready to pay the price.
post #435 of 680 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 04:02 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzsmbs View Post
you are rigtly pissed at israel just as many are.

post #436 of 680 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 04:09 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR View Post
Hardy har har.

Israel is doing itself no favors...in fact, what it's doing would actually be a favor to Hamas and Palestinians in the eyes of the world, if only they weren't so stupid and blind with rage as to take advantage of it.

What do you suggest we do? Welcome Israeli occupation of Gaza?? Wait for the mighty UN to gives us our rights back, despite an always ready US veto?

Israel only understands the language of power. We're having a conversation right now.
post #437 of 680 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 04:17 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomline1 View Post
Never understood the cry of the Palestinian supporters that the attack by Israel was disproportionate punishment for Hamas lobbing a few rockets northward. Are they really suggesting that since the Qassam rocket contains about 22 lbs of warhead and maybe the same amount of propellant, and 3000 were launched last year, that Israel should be llimited to 44x 3000 lbs of equivalent explosive? Or 61 tons? Wonder what the effect of that in one bomb right in the middle of Gaza City would be? Tim McVeigh took down the Murrah building and killed 160 with only about one ton of fertilizer and diesel oil. Would the whiners be satisfied if Israel could just flatten Gaza City with one bomb and quit? Or maybe it would be OK if Israel dropped a 360 lb bomb everyday for the next year.

Just curious.

What do you know? There was a 6-month truce: Israel to open borders in exchange of Hamas halting rocket attacks. Hamas stopped the attacks but Israel didn't open the borders and on Nov. 4th attacked Gaza with fighter jets. Do you expect Hamas to accept the renewal of such a truce?? Hamas in not another shoe-licking dictatorship that doesn't mind its people as long as its officials pockets are swollen with foreign cash.
post #438 of 680 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 04:19 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast55 View Post
I'm thinkin' the one where 2 planets had been at war so long, no one remembered what the war was about? Where civilians routinely stepped into disintegrators because they were termed "casualties" of the electronic war they were fighting? I remember the Enterprise and crew were saved from being forced "casualties" when the 2 sides were faced with the horror of real war. Maybe it just hasn't gotten ugly enough for everyone yet.

Palestinians haven't forgotten yet. Israel reminds them on a regular basis.. with air strikes and ground assaults every now and then.
post #439 of 680 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 04:37 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
So because we voted for Bush then every American is a mindless redneck, I see how it is
I have stated my solution to this problem before if you care to read it but I will state it again:
Option 1: Integrate the Israelis and Palestinians under ONE nation. It seems to work in South Africa.

I'm for this one. Let's call it Palestine, too.

Option 2: Let the Palestinians have a TRUE state independent of Israel confined within the West Bank and Gaza with NO Jewish settlers inside. Jerusalem should be handed to UN control so NO ONE can claim it or simply make it like the Vatican run by a trio (Rabbi, Priest, Imam).

That's the goal of the peace talks but Israel keeps building new colonies and the Apartheid Wall, stealing more land in the process. What about refugees in Lebanon, Jordan, Syria, etc. ??

Option 3: Give back the West Bank to Jordan and Gaza to Egypt and let them deal with the Palestinians. Jerusalem will be part of Israel in that case.

That's what Jordan fears most. There are already more Palestinians in Jordan than Jordanians. This wakes up old fears of an alternative home. Gazans under Hosni Mubarak's dictatorship?? No way. I can see 1.5 million Gazans marching to the presidential palace in Cairo chanting death to the shoe-licking traitor.... But Egyptians will be happy

Option 4: Invade the whole lot and let Israel pick whatever land it deems God gave her then kill the ones that don't agree, have our religious right move there so they can all wait for Jesus to show up.

Given the current circumstances, I don't see this less likely than it is funny. Doesn't Israel want its God given land from the Euphrates to the Nile?? But Jesus is a Muslim.

Which option sounds reasonable to you?
post #440 of 680 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 04:44 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
That's actually true, I did notice a lag when I was in that region

Poverty, especially in Gaza Strip, is crippling. Israeli occupation did its best to keep people alive but with no real life. Most Palestinians with an education left for the West or the Gulf to start a good life.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in