Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahloube View Post
Hamas fighters hiding behind kids?? Remember, these people are ready to blow themselves up into pieces why suddenly feel coward and hide behind kids??

It's the other way around. Israeli soldiers are the ones famous for such acts.
That's bullshit, and I suspect you know it. Suicide bombers and "militants" who launch rockets from residential areas are the same breed of coward.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 680 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 02:33 PM
Surely A Large Human

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
Dude, maintaining an air/sea/land blockade IS an act of aggression. So, Israel is already not bargaining in good faith during a cease fire agreement. Your tax dollars are paying for this tragedy. If you're opposed to paying for the Iraq war failure, why would you support paying for this one? Israel will succeed in killing lots of Palestinians, but in the end, they'll do nothing to further their own security. This is a pointless waste of human life
I agree with all of this; I'm just sick and tired of seeing BLAME tossed around by Palestinian supporters, as much as I'm sick of hearing it from Israelis. And as I've said before, it's not our fight, and we should have nothing to do with it. I'm also sick of the fact that so few who are really involved look in the mirror.
post #273 of 680 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: 1990 500 SEL, 2003 Range Rover HSE
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR View Post
^ If only they bordered an internationally-accessible body of water, some nearby countries who took sympathy with their plight, or had an airport.
Gaza Strip is an isolated piece of land with borders with Israel and Egypt only. A few boats carrying international human rights activists arrived in a symbolic move to show solidarity with the 1.5 million inhabitants under siege.

Quote:
Amazingly little discussion of the culpability of the leaders "your people" elected.
Sometimes honest people only make the corrupt look uglier. I think that's exactly what Hamas made the PA and Egyptian regime look like. Remember, Gazans voted them for the change they believed they were capable of accomplishing. Hamas is not only a militant group.. They run charities, schools, clinics, built a university with their own hands (Israel made sure to bomb it into rubble).

Quote:
Also still surprised at how little mention is made of a sovereign Palestine 'nation'. Go figure

It's the political situation in the region just before the inception of Israel, a 'nation' that only existed briefly 3 centuries ago.
post #274 of 680 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 02:45 PM
Surely A Large Human

Lifetime Premium Member
^ Hamas seems to spend a lot of time and money on rockets, and not so much on getting their people out of concentration camps / infrastructure. The priorities are crystal clear.
post #275 of 680 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 02:45 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
^ One could just as easily argue that whatever Hamas was doing with the tunnel was the first breach.

The point of a cease-fire is not that you just stop actually pulling the trigger or pressing the "fire" button; you cease tactical operations. If you're actively working on everything BUT pressing the fire button, you're not really demonstrating an interest in maintaining peace. It's a lot more like the cry of "RESPITE!" during battles to the death.
Tunnels are a different story. It's smuggling. Fatah thugs used them to smuggle drugs but since the blockade, merchants use them to smuggle goods and fuel.

Tell Israel to stop adding more weapons to its arsenal and to break the siege of Gaza. Isn't this an act of war since old times??
post #276 of 680 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 02:48 PM
Surely A Large Human

Lifetime Premium Member
^ Israel has more enemies than the Palestinians. I'm not positioned to tell Israel what's over the line with regard to protecting themselves, but however many arms Israel has does not equate to an act of aggression toward Palestine.

Stop acting like Hamas or the Palestinians have the moral high ground here - they don't. There's one way to get it back, and that seems to sicken you. Sorry for that.
post #277 of 680 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 02:53 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
That's bullshit, and I suspect you know it. Suicide bombers and "militants" who launch rockets from residential areas are the same breed of coward.

What residential areas? Do you in your right mind think that a militant can blow up his cover to hundreds of Israeli informants by launching a rocket from a residential area where thousands can actually see and report him??

Those home made rockets are very low range and for them to reach their 'target', ie outside of Gaza, it should be fired as close as possible to the border line. Most of them are fired from the northern parts which are mostly open agricultural areas. If these were to be fired from a residential area, most likely than not they'll hit a second-storey house a few metres away.
post #278 of 680 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 02:58 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
I agree with all of this; I'm just sick and tired of seeing BLAME tossed around by Palestinian supporters, as much as I'm sick of hearing it from Israelis. And as I've said before, it's not our fight, and we should have nothing to do with it. I'm also sick of the fact that so few who are really involved look in the mirror.

Fair enough. And we won't cost you a single dollar. Can you pleeeeeeeeease do that?
post #279 of 680 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 03:00 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1999 ML320
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahloube View Post
It's not that simple. A year ago, crowds of angry Gazans (mostly women, to embarrass Egyptian border guards so they won't be hit or something) did actually break the fence, did some shopping and came back.

Gazans won't leave their lives, no matter how miserable, to seek refuge in Egypt or anywhere else. They paid heavily and mostly in blood to have it liberated from Israel. Why then didn't they stay in Egypt after the famous border breach?? Do you know that hundreds of stranded Gazans in Egypt seized the chance to cross back to Gaza?
This reverse exodus is counter to the usual behavior of civilians in times of war. What does the average Palestinian think there is to gain by their own suffering ? Palestinian's right to stay in the Gaza strip is not affected by its people taking temporary refuge in Egypt until the crisis subsides.
Perhaps, lack of trust in the "international community and its collective justice" is prevalent in the minds of the average Palestinian. If so, there is a contradiction because the Hamas tactics are designed to bring "international" pressure on Israel.
post #280 of 680 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 03:01 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
^ Hamas seems to spend a lot of time and money on rockets, and not so much on getting their people out of concentration camps / infrastructure. The priorities are crystal clear.
Not really. While Hamas has been working on the rockets for a long time now, they were never given the chance as a government to prove themselves to the people who elected them. The blockade killed life and any effort to revive it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in