LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #221 of 680 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 02:00 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2008
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 748 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlfun View Post
Didn't realize the crisis can be funny to someone who has lost family members in this mess.
I get the feeling she gets paid for this little game

© All photographs and likenesses of Multipurpose are protected under copyright
law. Any use of photographs in whole or in part is strictly prohibited
unless authorization is granted in writing by copyright holder. All rights
reserved.

Last edited by Multipurpose; 01-04-2009 at 02:04 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #222 of 680 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 02:02 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
One wasted checkup ... when some should be left to rot and crumble.

Ah Muffin, I didn't realize you cared.......now give me one of these in my special place...........

post #223 of 680 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 02:04 AM
~BANNED~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multipurpose View Post
Can't make a point with out the insults?

Sounds like pure speculation to me as far what revenues are used what and where.
Do you have something to substantiate these claims?

I'm not speaking for the US population, these are my opinions and my taxes.
And what I feel about as far as my Goverments involvement with Israel

I did not and would never insult you MP, Muffin, on the other hand, get's the impression I don't care if I don't insult him..........
post #224 of 680 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 02:07 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2008
Quoted: 748 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakarta Expat View Post
I did not and would never insult you MP, Muffin, on the other hand, get's the impression I don't care if I don't insult him..........
I would hope not, we have a lot of things in common, if you get my drift.
And those rocks are best left unturned

© All photographs and likenesses of Multipurpose are protected under copyright
law. Any use of photographs in whole or in part is strictly prohibited
unless authorization is granted in writing by copyright holder. All rights
reserved.
post #225 of 680 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 02:08 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2006
Vehicle: 2k SlK230 / 2KSlk320 / 2000 Toyota Tacoma, 95 Land Rover D90 (done) Now looking for a series IIA
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
It always boils down to Israel's fault , doesn't it ?
As you wish.
Israel's fault? No it is the fault of both parties... However I did not intend to make it seems like it was always Israel's fault...... Since it is not just them it is also the Fault of the US Government who has allowed the wool to be pulled over its eyes, It is the fault of People who defend the way Israel just gets everything it wants

Its The Fault of thoses who just simply look the other way when Israel just does as it damn well pleases yet when Palestinians try to break free of the chains being put down around the Word Terrorist get screamed out very loudly and they just go "oh! thoses damn terrorist!" and look the other way.

It is the Fault of the Corupt Palestinian government that failed the people they were suppose to work for and that allowed the extremists to take control of the government.

It is the fault of those who so blindly think that every word that comes from the Jewish state is true... (sound familier mllfy?)
post #226 of 680 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 02:12 AM
~BANNED~

Quote:
I would hope not, we have a lot of things in common, if you get my drift.
And those rocks are best left unturned

Let'em roll, let'em turn and roll over and over and over...........
post #227 of 680 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 03:10 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: 1990 500 SEL, 2003 Range Rover HSE
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
I get the feeling she gets paid for this little game
Why? Do you get paid for being patriotic?

I only vent some steam here, in the process trying to make a few people aware of my people's plight.
post #228 of 680 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 03:17 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Didn't realize the crisis can be funny to someone who has lost family members in this mess.
In Arabic we say شر البلية ما يضحك . It means the worst crises are the ones that make you laugh.
post #229 of 680 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 06:34 AM
~BANNED~

Diplomats say US blocks UN statement on Gaza

Diplomats say US blocks UN statement on Gaza

UNITED NATIONS – The United States has blocked approval of a U.N. Security Council statement calling for an immediate cease-fire between Israel and Gaza's Hamas rulers, diplomats said.

French U.N. Ambassador Jean-Maurice Ripert, the council president, said the 15 council members could not agree on a statement in closed discussions held after Israel launched a ground invasion into the Gaza Strip on Saturday. But he said there were "strong convergences" among the members to express concern about the deteriorating situation in Gaza and the need for "an immediate, permanent and fully respected cease-fire."

Libyan Ambassador Giadalla Ettalhi said the United States during the discussions late Saturday objected to "any outcome" on the proposed statement. He said efforts were made to compromise on a weaker press statement but there was no consensus.

Several other council members, speaking on condition of anonymity because negotiations were closed, also said the U.S. was responsible for the council's failure to issue a statement.

The U.S., Israel's closest ally, has designated Hamas a terrorist organization. U.S. deputy ambassador Alejandro Wolff said the United States saw no prospect of Hamas abiding by last week's council call for an immediate end to the violence. Therefore, he said, a new statement "would not be adhered to and would have no underpinning for success, (and) would not do credit to the council."

Libya, the only Arab nation on the council, called the emergency meeting after Israel sent tanks and infantry across the border into Gaza on the eighth day of its offensive against Hamas militants. The ground attack followed a week of air strikes, which Hamas responded to with salvos of rocket fired into southern Israel.

Arab nations demanded that the council adopt a statement calling for an immediate cease-fire and expressing "serious concern at the escalation of violence and the deterioration of the situation in Gaza and southern Israel," a view echoed by Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon.

If it had been approved, the statement would have become part of the council's official record but would not have the weight of a Security Council resolution, which is legally binding.

Egypt's U.N. Ambassador Maged Abdelaziz said it was regrettable that one permanent council member — a clear reference to the U.S. — refused to accept any statement at a time when "the aggression is escalating and more people are dying and the military attack on the ground is at its full scale."

Riyad Mansour, the Palestinian U.N. observer, said: "We have war. We have aggression against the Palestinian people, and it is a sad and tragic moment when the Security Council cannot address this issue by at least demanding from Israel ... to stop this aggression immediately."

More than 480 Palestinians have been killed and nearly 3,000 injured in Gaza, and four people have been killed in Israel.

Israel maintains the offensive is aimed at stopping the rocket attacks from Hamas-controlled Gaza that have traumatized southern Israel.

Though the Security Council took no action on Saturday night, an Arab draft resolution circulated by Libya on Wednesday night that would condemn Israel and halt its military attacks on Gaza remains on the table. It would have to be revised, however, since the United States has already called it "unacceptable" and "unbalanced" because it doesn't call for an end to the Hamas rocketing of Israel.

Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas is expected in New York on Tuesday, along with half a dozen Arab foreign ministers who will be at the U.N. on Monday, to press for a cease-fire resolution.

Mansour said he hopes Abbas and the ministers will succeed in pushing through a resolution "so that we will have a durable and sustainable cease-fire between us and the Israelis."

Asked what kind of resolution would be acceptable to the United States, Wolff said: "The important point to focus on here is establishing the understanding of what type of cease-fire we're talking about and to ensure that it's lasting, and to ensure that we don't return to a situation that led to the current situation."

Diplomats say US blocks UN statement on Gaza - Yahoo! News
post #230 of 680 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 08:00 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
A statement? And blocked? Resistance never looked better.

Another puppet Arab regime under construction (if it weren't for Qassam rockets): PA 'ready' to take Gaza if Hamas ousted | Middle East | Jerusalem Post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in