Funniest Craig's List car ad I have personally ever seen... - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-13-2009, 08:42 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2007
Vehicle: 1973 450 SL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm betting that his girlfriend wrote it for him. And it is funny.

Charter member of the Vast Rightwing Conspiracy and proud of it.

God Bless the America we're trying to create.
--Hillary Rodham Clinton
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-13-2009, 08:52 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2007
Vehicle: '98 E320 Wagon (non 4matic)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to TNTRower
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
Well I didn't write that with you in mind but I understand what you mean about swabbies, must be painful being adopted and not having your own branch.
Why do you think we are so damn good at what we do? We always have to prove ourselves to the world. It creates this vicious cycle of excellence.

We are a department of the Navy true. We're the mens department.

Who's John Galt.

"Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes" - Virgil, The Aeneid, Book 2

If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel. --Benjamin Netayahu
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-13-2009, 09:00 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
Or something like this is a vehicle that would make Black Water guys scream like bitches. This shit is loaded, it squirts oil in case of hot pursuit, it's got loads of space for amo and openings disguised as rust holes for a nice unfriendly civilian hunt. TNT man, this should tickle your fancy, don't you want some of that action?
Nope I already have my E320 rigged with the retractable M240G from Fabrique National coming out of the Sun roof, with twin M249 mounted behind the headlights. I didn't do the oil quirter because do you know how expensive Mobil 1 0W40 is? That's just insane.

Instead I have an automatic concertina wire dispenser rigged up in the cargo area of the wagon. Quite effective. It has "Strand" and "Chop the fuckers up" modes. Very nice and quite pricey. I had the work done at Unique Whips up in New York. Reme kept trying to get me to upgrade to the M2 Browning .50 cal but I didn't want to have to redo the suspension every time some self absorbed cunt in a Prius cut me off while talking on their ubiquitous Blue tooth headset about their latest manicure and how they will never go back there because they mixed up Ana Sui Passion Fruit Purple with Voxy Chinoi Purple Prairy Passion.

I think I'll have a half caf, nonfat, no foam, extra shot, squirt of mocha, sugar free machiato.

Who's John Galt.

If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel. --Benjamin Netayahu
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-13-2009, 09:05 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTRower View Post
Why do you think we are so damn good at what we do? We always have to prove ourselves to the world. It creates this vicious cycle of excellence.

We are a department of the Navy true. We're the mens department.
Nice. I will let a friend who is a Commander in on that secret. She will be...um...impressed.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-13-2009, 09:32 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
Nice. I will let a friend who is a Commander in on that secret. She will be...um...impressed.
I'd gladly tell her myself.

Who's John Galt.

post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-13-2009, 09:50 PM
BenzWorld Elite

And be sure to tell her this joke:

Old Marines Never Die, They Just Keep Rowing

Did you hear the one about the old Marine veteran who asked the Commandant to return him to active duty and send him to Iraq?

Of course the Commandant refused, and told the old Marine he had served his time in combat and should relax and enjoy his golden years.

The 'ole Gunny wasn't at all pleased, so he wrote the Secretary of the Navy with the same request. Back came the reply for him to enjoy his golden years, because Iraq was a young Marine's war and there was no place for him.

That really ****ed him off, so he wrote his congressman a long, heart wrenching letter explaining in great detail just why he felt he should be returned to active duty.

Back came the reply almost word for word, the same as the SecNav response.......

The 'ole Gunny was livid. He went down to the beach in Norfolk, VA and bought a rowboat, and vowing to get to Iraq one way or the other, he set out rowing his boat and singing the Marine Hymn...." From the Halls of Montezuma to the shores of Tripoli " ........... and off he rowed for Iraq.

Saint Peter had been watching this grizzled 'ole Gunny all the while, and was at first amused by it all but had grown increasingly concerned as the Gunny displayed his commitment to his objective. Saint Peter finally turned to God for advice on how to deal with this Gung Ho Gunny.

After hearing the saga unfold, God advised Saint Peter to be merciful and take the Gunny's brain, since that was the center of thought, and he would simply abandon the idea about getting to Iraq.

Now, having taken God's advice and removing the Gunny's brain, St. Peter observed little if any change in the Gunny's behavior. He continued to row his boat and sing at the top of his voice "From the Halls of Montezuma to the shores of Tripoli , we will ".......

A little frustrated at the lack of results of his efforts, St. Peter turned again to his God and asked, "Now what?"

God said, "Well OK, take his heart, because not even a Marine can function without a heart. So, that should end it."

But when St. Peter had completed his task, and removed the Gunny's heart, he was again amazed that little if any change could be observed in the Gunny's behavior as he continued to row his boat and sing "From the Halls of Montezuma to the shores of Tripoli, we will fight our country's battles...." at-the-top-of-his-voice.

Once again, St. Peter asked God for assistance with this unusual situation for which there seemed to be no solution.

This time God responded by suggesting that St. Peter should remove the Marine's testicles, since it's a well known fact that Marines can't function without their testicles. Otherwise, what would be the reason for Marines having the world wide reputation of having the balls to do the impossible?

Convinced this was the answer, St. Peter went to work and removed the 'ole Gunny's balls.

Again, St. Peter observed the Marine, this time with his balls, brains and heart removed, rowing in a never ending circle singing,

" Anchors Aweigh "

Who's John Galt.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in