Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cancer_Researcher View Post
^^^And I think, the real reason for 9-11. NOT because "they hate freedom"
That's not really the reason but Al Qaeda did use that as an excuse to get the rest of the Arab World with their hate agenda. This bullshit goes both ways.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 222 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 11:47 AM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Oct 2004
Vehicle: 2006 E55, 2005 SLK55, a few others
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
I knew you would agree with FTL on this because them ragheads are annoying as far as you're concerned, you know like subhumans of sort. How dare they question the wisdom of the West on forcing a Zionist state on them? How dare they?
Their form of resistance is barbaric because they don't want to roll over and die. There WAS NEVER a real intent for peace so the Palestinians can have some dignity or a future. That is a fact that you seem to ignore, now is that? Is it because "they don't look like us"?
Well, Israelis don't look like me either, but that's not why I don't like them. I don't like them for the same reasons I don't like most Muslims. They sit there like they are morally superior, making any excuse necessary to continue this bullshit ad infinitum. Now the Palestinians, you say they are resisting? I say, shut the fuck up and quit resisting, and this will stop. If I'm in a fight, I don't stop kicking your ass until, drum roll please, YOU STOP RESISTING!! There have been plenty of cease fire opportunities, but it just doesn't stop. And what the fuck does Zionism have anything to do with this? Israel has already been established and recognized by the rest of the world. The smart Palestinians (and indeed Islamists in general) would get over it, recognize Israel, and start acting like they WANT a place of their own. Start by stopping the rockets, stop calling for Israel to be "wiped off the map", and act like the rest of the civilized world. That means, be horrified at the site of a man having his head sawed off. Call foul when some dirtbag terrorist rockets fall short of Israel and kill your own children. Israel may not have clean hands, but the Palestinians are covered in blood, sorry.
post #63 of 222 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 11:49 AM
Cruise Control

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: '87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1427 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Wow, so much for the founding of this country...'cause resisting never gets you what you want/need
post #64 of 222 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 11:53 AM
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
So resistance is for the lame? Fast, what do you prescribe if we are the ones under occupation? Roll over and let them have our country because they have superior weapons and the support of the rest of the ignorant coward crowd?
Hell no! I will die defending the ghettos of Baltimore, because they are mine. It's my people, my land! Do you even understand what that means?
post #65 of 222 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 12:21 PM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Oct 2004
Vehicle: 2006 E55, 2005 SLK55, a few others
I get it, you do not. This is not a foreign country occupying our "recognized sovereign state". There's no reason to even get into who is on who's land. It's over. Israel has won the right to exist for everyone except these imbeciles. You can resist all you want, but like I said, don't expect the ass kicking to stop. You're still using the same excuses the rest of the Arab world uses. Israel stops, cease fire is agreed to. The next (or even same day), a bunch of assholes continue to attack Israel with terror weapons aimed at civilians. No one says boo about that, the attacks continue, even after a little easing of traffic into Gaza, prisoner releases, etc. Israeli public gets more and more pissed off that they still get rockets falling on them and eventually want blood. IDF does what it's told and goes in wacking the shit out of anything it considers a target, causing regretable but very limited civilian casualties until they are bashed by the world over the horrible suffering of the Palestinian people and they eventually stop and pull back. Process repeats. What did I miss?
post #66 of 222 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 12:46 PM
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast55 View Post
I get it, you do not. This is not a foreign country occupying our "recognized sovereign state". There's no reason to even get into who is on who's land. It's over. Israel has won the right to exist for everyone except these imbeciles. You can resist all you want, but like I said, don't expect the ass kicking to stop. You're still using the same excuses the rest of the Arab world uses. Israel stops, cease fire is agreed to. The next (or even same day), a bunch of assholes continue to attack Israel with terror weapons aimed at civilians. No one says boo about that, the attacks continue, even after a little easing of traffic into Gaza, prisoner releases, etc. Israeli public gets more and more pissed off that they still get rockets falling on them and eventually want blood. IDF does what it's told and goes in wacking the shit out of anything it considers a target, causing regretable but very limited civilian casualties until they are bashed by the world over the horrible suffering of the Palestinian people and they eventually stop and pull back. Process repeats. What did I miss?
How about the Palestinians, do they have the right to exist?
post #67 of 222 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 12:47 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: 2006 SLK350
Quote:
Yes, Israel is the ultimate TABOO, if he had disagreed with you on this one maybe he should be labeled as a traitor right? So now he's more tolerable
I'm no fan of Israel. I still remember the attack on the USS Liberty. I do however, dislike Hamas and their ilk even more. They bring ruin and destruction on their own citizens with their tactics.

Hamas had the perfect opportunity after the last election to show the world what they were made of, and what they could do to better the lives of the people that elected them. They have failed miserably and now their electorate will suffer for their fanaticism.

As for FTL, I don't think I've ever found him to be tolerable. Many of the folks here are on the other side of the fence from my view point, but the vast majority will take the time (in a civil manner) to ensure that their side is heard. Name calling and profanity do not equal a well though out response.

2006 SLK350
Something Silver

“I’m sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and disagree with this administration, somehow you’re not patriotic. We need to stand up and say we’re Americans, and we have the right to debate and disagree with any administration.”
- Hillary Clinton
post #68 of 222 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 01:01 PM
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by felkhound View Post
I'm no fan of Israel. I still remember the attack on the USS Liberty. I do however, dislike Hamas and their ilk even more. They bring ruin and destruction on their own citizens with their tactics.

Hamas had the perfect opportunity after the last election to show the world what they were made of, and what they could do to better the lives of the people that elected them. They have failed miserably and now their electorate will suffer for their fanaticism.

As for FTL, I don't think I've ever found him to be tolerable. Many of the folks here are on the other side of the fence from my view point, but the vast majority will take the time (in a civil manner) to ensure that their side is heard. Name calling and profanity do not equal a well though out response.
I am 100% with you about the USS Liberty but what we should like or be a fan of shouldn't be of our business unless it's directly affecting our national sovereignty. The fact that the Palestinians ELECTED Hamas, it should be of no concern to us as long as Hamas hasn't declared war on us.
My beef is when we the USA side one group for ideological and religious reasons then we complain that we are hated by the other party because we lied to them about being a peace broker. If we are to play fair then let's play fair otherwise we need to stop the hypocrisy and the pretending that we are a peace broker. If we are to support Israel exclusively and wage war on all of the Arabs, then FKIN BE IT, let's put our bets down and stop the bullshit. How hard is that?
The only reason I am siding the Palestinians right now is because of this fking game. If we as a country were siding Israel EXCLUSIVELY then I am on board but that is not what we are pretending to do. Are you understanding me? Hello anyone?
post #69 of 222 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 01:09 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: 03 Corvette Z06;08 GMC Acadia;84 230CE MANUAL Euro;12 Acura TL Tech Pkg; 02 Lexus LS430 Ultra Luxury
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast55 View Post
And HOW has Israel WON the right?
post #70 of 222 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 01:11 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
I am 100% with you about the USS Liberty but what we should like or be a fan of shouldn't be of our business unless it's directly affecting our national sovereignty. The fact that the Palestinians ELECTED Hamas, it should be of no concern to us as long as Hamas hasn't declared war on us.
My beef is when we the USA side one group for ideological and religious reasons then we complain that we are hated by the other party because we lied to them about being a peace broker. If we are to play fair then let's play fair otherwise we need to stop the hypocrisy and the pretending that we are a peace broker. If we are to support Israel exclusively and wage war on all of the Arabs, then FKIN BE IT, let's put our bets down and stop the bullshit. How hard is that?
The only reason I am siding the Palestinians right now is because of this fking game. If we as a country were siding Israel EXCLUSIVELY then I am on board but that is not what we are pretending to do. Are you understanding me? Hello anyone?
Israel is a formal ally of the United States. No one has a right to threaten the existence of one of our allies. Hamas has made itself an enemy of the US by advocating just that. Their solution is simple: denounce the policy. Once they do, real negotiations can begin. Until then, we are dealing with unreasonable fanatics who only wish for blood, and if that is the case, then that is what they are going to get.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in