DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove View Post
Absolutely. The core problem, whether Z will admit or not, is simple: recognition of Israel by all the Muslim parties would change the entire equation and give the Muslims the moral high ground. Until they stop choosing murder, the Israelis hold the political and moral high ground whether they deserve it or not.
Again, I call the bullshit! Israel sabotaged many chances at building bridges with other Arab nations. Now why is that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 222 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 10:54 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: 2006 SLK350
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
You seem to missing the fact that Hamas was elected in a landslide by the Palestinian people, on a platform calling for the destruction of Israel. They rejected peace, and chose war. Tough shit, be careful what you wish for, you might get it.
That's funny, hearing this from you. There are a lot of us who feel the same way about Obama and his platform(s).

2006 SLK350
Something Silver

“I’m sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and disagree with this administration, somehow you’re not patriotic. We need to stand up and say we’re Americans, and we have the right to debate and disagree with any administration.”
- Hillary Clinton
post #53 of 222 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 11:08 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by felkhound View Post
That's funny, hearing this from you. There are a lot of us who feel the same way about Obama and his platform(s).
The difference is you're nuts, and I'm not.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #54 of 222 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 11:08 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentwood MB View Post
I believe there can only be one outcome. As the worlds super power, we take all aircraft out of the air space over this hellhole, equally arm both sides with the same types and amounts of weapons, and let them have it out to the end, let any neighboring armies get involved without air support, and sit back and watch. Them when the dust settles, we talk to the winner. Enough of this shit!! lets get it on and get it over!!
Well, actually, that is what we are doing, except for the air support thing.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #55 of 222 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 11:10 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentwood MB View Post
I believe there can only be one outcome. As the worlds super power, we take all aircraft out of the air space over this hellhole, equally arm both sides with the same types and amounts of weapons, and let them have it out to the end, let any neighboring armies get involved without air support, and sit back and watch. Them when the dust settles, we talk to the winner. Enough of this shit!! lets get it on and get it over!!

+1.........
post #56 of 222 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 11:12 AM
~BANNED~

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1763 Post(s)
The Israelis need to learn to get along and make compromises with their neighbors. It is religious fanaticism that got them and keeps them there in the first place. The bordering Muslims need to learn to stop religious hatred and quit defeating themselves by poking a larger bear in the ass. This has been going on for centuries and I am tired of hearing about it.
There is no easy answer, the only answer is to not intervene and stay the fuck away. Let the radicals who cannot compromise on both sides learn the terrible lesson of what religious rigidity begets. Fuck them. Enough.
post #57 of 222 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 11:13 AM
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Well, actually, that is what we are doing, except for the air support thing.
No, that's not what we're doing otherwise Egyptian forces will be in Gaza while Jordanians will be in the West Bank. I wouldn't count on these two pussies to show up, they are well bribed at sitting it out too. In the end, a bunch of Palestinians with rockets that wouldn't even been good enough at hobby stores and with plenty of rocks from their bulldozed homes are all alone defending whatever shred of national aspiration they can manage to compose.
post #58 of 222 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 11:23 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: 2006 SLK350
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
The difference is you're nuts, and I'm not.

Actually, I was very surprised to find myself in agreement with you on the topic of Israel defending themselves. Thanks for the above response, put's it all back in perspective.

2006 SLK350
Something Silver

“I’m sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and disagree with this administration, somehow you’re not patriotic. We need to stand up and say we’re Americans, and we have the right to debate and disagree with any administration.”
- Hillary Clinton
post #59 of 222 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 11:33 AM
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by felkhound View Post
Actually, I was very surprised to find myself in agreement with you on the topic of Israel defending themselves. Thanks for the above response, put's it all back in perspective.
Yes, Israel is the ultimate TABOO, if he had disagreed with you on this one maybe he should be labeled as a traitor right? So now he's more tolerable
post #60 of 222 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 11:33 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: 03 Corvette Z06;08 GMC Acadia;84 230CE MANUAL Euro;12 Acura TL Tech Pkg; 02 Lexus LS430 Ultra Luxury
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
Unfortunately, yours is the prevailing attitude and the primary reason why this conflict is perpetuated year after year. By needlessly oppressing and disproportionately retaliating against the Palestinians, Israel just undermines its own security, in perpetuity. AIPAC wields enormous power here in the US, both over our political structures and the media, which apes and peddles a fabricated and foolishly sympathetic view of Israel as a hapless victim of its rag-tag neighbors--what a cruelly ironic hoax. I have no love for Palestinian leadership in any of its current forms, but the real regime change that needs to happen before any of this can move forward, is for the US to either butt out completely or begin operating as a fair peace broker. We continually excuse and fund Israeli aggression, shielding them from international sanction and accountability.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
"We continually excuse and fund Israeli aggression, shielding them from international sanction and accountability."
That is exactly why we are where we are.
^^^And I think, the real reason for 9-11. NOT because "they hate freedom"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in