Happy New Year?? - Page 6 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 259 (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 01:38 PM
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 64,125
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
We just need to stay out of this. Period.
How's that? When you have people like Multipurpose willing to send their tax contribution to kill and exterminate a whole population rather than see it do good in our country you know that we're in for some shit. Here is an example of a rock turning to shit, all it needs is a flame; I wonder if it stinks like a multipoopie?
DP is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #52 of 259 (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 01:47 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Jan 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 11,834
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 752 Post(s)
“Even if things go wrong in life, we may be upset, mad, angry etc.. but we still say Alhamdulilah (praise to Allah) because in life.. everyone has ups and downs, so we put our trust in Allah and expect good from him after every situation that occurs”
Anisamohamed

© All photographs and likenesses of Multipurpose are protected under copyright
law. Any use of photographs in whole or in part is strictly prohibited
unless authorization is granted in writing by copyright holder. All rights
reserved.
Multipurpose is offline  
post #53 of 259 (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 01:47 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
TNTRower's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2007
Vehicle: '98 E320 Wagon (non 4matic)
Location: Atlanta, GA & Malabo, Equatorial Guinea
Posts: 6,663
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to TNTRower
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
Yes Mr. know it all, I will disregard the fact that I traveled, worked and dealt with all those people and now listen to someone who collected his information from the Internet while cherry picking what lined up with his beliefs and possible agenda.
Yes all of them bad ayrabs are out there to get those poor defenseless Israelis. They just don't like them because they love Hitler or something like that, right? Tell us exactly why they hate them so because like you said, we little mortals have not invested four years on this like your highness did. Please, I am all ears, tell us why they hate them and what do you think WE should do?
Well very typical of someone whose arguments have no basis in fact. Attack the messenger and not the message.

You obviously feel that you are much more well informed because of your experiences. I have no idea what they are or how they compare to mine and quite frankly it does not matter as it has no bearing on the issue.

As for the animosity between Jew and Arab the information on that is legion and readily available.

As for all the Arab countries in the immediate area around Israel (Syria, Lebanon, Egypt, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, etc.) their official government line is "Death to Israel." Do you dispute that?

Now how about my summary of the current situation and use of the allegorical device to illustrate the issue?

Perhaps you can come down off your pedestal oh great and learned one, and tell us what your view on it is. Or do you prefer the Feel The Love method of discussion and just have name calling, and poo slinging to back up your statements?

Who's John Galt.

"Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes" - Virgil, The Aeneid, Book 2

If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel. --Benjamin Netayahu
TNTRower is offline  
post #54 of 259 (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 01:50 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
jlomon's Avatar
 
Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 2013 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI, 2011 Mazda 2, 2000 E320 4Matic Wagon (retired),1994 C280 (retired)
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 3,488
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
..and must be Jewish Oh, and let's not forget the obligatory wiwi snip
And comments like this, Drew, make it far more difficult for you to sell your "I'm anti-Zionist, not anti-Semitic" line. I think that despite the many persuasive and informed arguments you make, you are rapidly losing credibility on this issue.
jlomon is offline  
post #55 of 259 (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 01:54 PM
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 64,125
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlomon View Post
And comments like this, Drew, make it far more difficult for you to sell your "I'm anti-Zionist, not anti-Semitic" line. I think that despite the many persuasive and informed arguments you make, you are rapidly losing credibility on this issue.
I agree, that was meant to add more juice
But try to put it in context will you! Multi wants to use his tax money to support a country that will NOT accept him as a citizen, do you see my point at all?
DP is offline  
post #56 of 259 (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 01:59 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Jan 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 11,834
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 752 Post(s)
YouTube - Hamas children stage show

© All photographs and likenesses of Multipurpose are protected under copyright
law. Any use of photographs in whole or in part is strictly prohibited
unless authorization is granted in writing by copyright holder. All rights
reserved.
Multipurpose is offline  
post #57 of 259 (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 02:01 PM
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 64,125
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTRower View Post
Well very typical of someone whose arguments have no basis in fact. Attack the messenger and not the message.
facts? You have facts?
You obviously feel that you are much more well informed because of your experiences. I have no idea what they are or how they compare to mine and quite frankly it does not matter as it has no bearing on the issue.
Real observation has no bearing on this issue? yeah right! Did you say something about facts?
As for the animosity between Jew and Arab the information on that is legion and readily available.
how about this? Do a search on Rabbi Yousef Falay then come back with facts...
As for all the Arab countries in the immediate area around Israel (Syria, Lebanon, Egypt, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, etc.) their official government line is "Death to Israel." Do you dispute that?
Yes I do! Jordan and Egypt's governments are at peace with Israel, how do you support your argument with facts? Show us any official statements from said governments that call for the extermination of Israel. Facts again, I am sorry, maybe fantasy is better suited for this argument don't you think?

Now how about my summary of the current situation and use of the allegorical device to illustrate the issue?
you mean your fantasy?

Perhaps you can come down off your pedestal oh great and learned one, and tell us what your view on it is. Or do you prefer the Feel The Love method of discussion and just have name calling, and poo slinging to back up your statements?
I would if you were truly an open minded person, but you don't strike me as such since you aleardy know everything
DP is offline  
post #58 of 259 (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 02:02 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
TNTRower's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2007
Vehicle: '98 E320 Wagon (non 4matic)
Location: Atlanta, GA & Malabo, Equatorial Guinea
Posts: 6,663
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to TNTRower
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
I agree, that was meant to add more juice
But try to put it in context will you! Multi wants to use his tax money to support a country that will NOT accept him as a citizen, do you see my point at all?
What difference does it make? We are supporting Israel because it is a democracy in the middle east. The fact of the matter is that when countries become more democratic they become more stable, and more prosperous.

So why not support them? Why would you turn it into a racial argument as opposed to what it is, politics.

Who's John Galt.

"Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes" - Virgil, The Aeneid, Book 2

If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel. --Benjamin Netayahu
TNTRower is offline  
post #59 of 259 (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 02:05 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Jan 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 11,834
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 752 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by p100 View Post
He will not get Israeli citizenship unless his father is Jewish. Interesting, no?
Would it be wrong if he was?

© All photographs and likenesses of Multipurpose are protected under copyright
law. Any use of photographs in whole or in part is strictly prohibited
unless authorization is granted in writing by copyright holder. All rights
reserved.
Multipurpose is offline  
post #60 of 259 (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 02:07 PM
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 64,125
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTRower View Post
What difference does it make? We are supporting Israel because it is a democracy in the middle east. The fact of the matter is that when countries become more democratic they become more stable, and more prosperous.

So why not support them? Why would you turn it into a racial argument as opposed to what it is, politics.
Dude Israel is built around the concept of race/religion NOT democracy! Get your fact straight
We call it a democracy because that's what being sold as the "soupe de jour", please don't fall for the marketing crap and try to explain to us how does an state that applies Apartheid on non-Jewish population be practicing democracy?
DP is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    Happy New Year and Happy Benzing!!! one.bofh Off-Topic 2 12-31-2006 04:39 PM
    Happy New Year!!! ttaleric W163 M-Class 8 01-02-2006 10:41 PM
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! 4benzes W163 M-Class 1 12-31-2003 05:29 PM
    Happy New Year Everyone! Norb W211 E55 AMG, E63 AMG 3 12-31-2003 04:35 PM
    1st post of the year, Happy New Year speeder sam W163 M-Class 7 12-31-2002 09:46 PM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome