For Tracee - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-25-2008, 02:41 PM

Date registered: Oct 2005
Vehicle: 107, 115, 116, 123, 124, 126
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Dig, so sorry for your loss. Sounds like Tracee added alot to life even as she struggled. My thoughts are with you and your family. Thanks for sharing with us.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-25-2008, 03:29 PM
CH4S Artist

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 956 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Sorry for your loss Dig.
I am not sure whether it is appropriate, but this was sent to me some time ago, when someone close passed on:

"TO REMEMBER ME"

"At a certain moment, a doctor will determine that my brain has ceased to function and
that, for all intents and purposes, my life has stopped.

"When that happens, do not attempt to instill artificial life into my body by the use of a machine. And don't call this my 'deathbed.' Call it my 'bed of life,' and let my body be taken from it to help others lead fuller lives.

"Give my sight to a man who has never seen a sunrise, a baby's face, or love in the eyes of a woman.

"Give my heart to a person whose own heart has caused nothing but endless days of pain.

"Give my blood to the teenager who has been pulled from his car, so that he might live to see his grandchildren play.

"Give my kidneys to one who depends on a machine to exist from week to week.

"Take my bones, every muscle, every fiber and nerve in my body and find a way to make a crippled child walk.

"Explore every corner of my brain. Take my cells, if necessary, and let them grow so that someday a speechless boy will shout at the crack of a bat and a deaf girl will hear the sound of rain against her windows.

"Burn what is left of me and scatter the ashes to the winds to help the flowers grow.

"If you must bury something, let it be my faults, my weaknesses, and all prejudice against my fellowman.

"Give my soul to God.

"If by chance you wish to remember me, do it with a kind deed or word to someone who needs you. If you do all I have asked, I will live forever."

----by Robert N. Test
post #23 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-25-2008, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
Forum Administrator RC Colas® & Moon Pies®

Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle: 1981 380SL 151K: 2001 E320 4Matic Estate 147K: 2008 E350 Sport 4Matic 120K: 2005 S500 116K
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1273 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Well, it's nearing the end of Christmas Day, 2008 and I'm home again. Throughout the day, whenever I got near a computer with internet access, I hopped on to read all of your wonderful, comforting comments. The day being what it was, however, there was never time for the thoughtful response that I owed to you all.

That time has now arrived.

Tracee had the type of personality that we all know of in someone who, upon walking into a room full of strangers, would invariably leave with new acquaintances and even friends. She was the kind of person you wanted sitting next to you on an airplane because not only was she not hard to look at, she could carry a conversation that left you feeling you had just spent quality time with someone who really cared about what you had to say.

She was an imperfect and sometimes maddening woman who always cared about what was right and you had better have your facts lined up if you intended to disagree. She wanted not only her family close but all of the extended branches to get together whenever possible. She created new traditions where none had previously existed.

I spent some time early Christmas morning wandering through photos of happy times when we were younger and better looking. The love for her family leaped out of the pictures in a way I had not noticed before.

It happened as the family was returning from a Christmas Eve party just a block or so from their home. As they pulled into the drive, Tracee began to cough. By the time Mark could throw the van into park and get to her side, her heart had stopped and she was gone. Eight and a half years of suffering had come to an end. He carried her into the house, laid her in her bed and went to make the necessary calls.

You know the rest.

Mark has been a beacon of light throughout the past eight and a half years. In an age when walking away from trouble is seen as the intelligent choice, how many men would stand and deliver as he has? It's been a sometimes rocky path and no doubt mistakes were made along the way but this man...this man...has remained committed to Tracee to the end. For this, he will have my undying respect and admiration.

Mark told us later that she had enjoyed the evening, vocalizing and responding to stimuli in a positive manner, which had become easily recognizable to us through the years.

We will lay her to her final rest in the next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edfreeman View Post
Dig,

So sorry for the loss of your loved one. My wish for you and your family is comfort in knowing she is in a better place.
Indeed Ed, there is no doubt that she was far better for leaving that tragically ruined body. Your wish for us came to pass as we talked of her all throughout Christmas Day and for that, I thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentwood MB View Post
Wow, Dig, you are if not already, one hell of a writer. The very best to you and your family this holiday season. Seriously, you need to write more, you have the gift.
Thanks. There are undoubtedly some here who think I write too much (see my post count) but your kind praise and wishes are greatly appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
Hang in there bro...

...Very smart too! I had the pleasure of meeting him and I hope to see him more often
I am and we will. Count on it. I was hoping to catch you in the store before Christmas but even if you made it, I probably would have missed you among the crowds. Very successful Holiday season (for sales. The profit results have yet to arrive).

Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR View Post
Heartbreaking. My heart goes out to you, buddy. Glad you shared this, hope you're encouraged to tell us more when the time is right.
Our hearts were indeed broken by this not-unexpected event. Still, no matter how much you know that such a day will come, you're never quite prepared for it. The gift of your heart makes it more bearable.

Your encouragement has made this once difficult task easy, my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cancer_Researcher View Post
She will always live on in your memories as she will always be smiling down on you guys and her children from heaven.
From your lips to God's ears, CR. I humbly thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isthisdave View Post
Dig, Best of wishes for those who knew and loved Tracee.....
You're a good and true man, Dave and you may be confident that your wishes found their target. Much appreciation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
Not the xmas you were expecting, Dig, but one that will undoubtedly prove more memorable than most. Condolences to you and yours, enjoy the holidays as you can.
Ever insightful, G.S., your thoughtful sentiments are truly welcome and comforting and they will help us to persevere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punjabi View Post
Dig,
Wishing you and the family patience, courage and goodwill to see you through this difficult time.
With your wishes at our back, Punjabi, there is no doubt that we will prevail. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitch View Post
The very first post ever, on BWOT, that moved me to emotion and tears. I wish you and your family comfort on this Christmas Day.
Kind and humbling words, my friend. Your wish was granted and we are grateful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoseyman View Post
Dig, God bless you & your family.
Words from the Book of Yosey are most certainly the truth. Our blessings, of which you are one, are many and for them and you, we are thankful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jody View Post
Dig, I'm so sorry to hear of your family's loss. John's, father passed on Sunday which was his mothers 63rd birthday. I do wish your family love and good memories of your sister in law. And, our prayers go out to your family. Remember the good times and try not to dwell on the what could I have done to prevent this. I have learned that God takes the people he needs and leaves the rest of us until it is our turn to be needed.
Love you.
Jody
Jody, your words so exactly fit Tracee's view of life that it's as if she is speaking through you. Amazing. I have already begun to practice your advice regarding the memories. Thank you for your love and please accept and pass to John my sincere sympathies on the loss of his Father.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dope View Post
Condolences Dig, to you and your family. Hoping 2009 brings an uncommon peace to you all.
Thanks, mate. In your hopes, perhaps we can find our way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianml View Post
Dig,

Sorry to hear of your loss. Best wishes to you and your family.
Animals, you must know that you're part of that family as I probably would not be here without your invitation a short while back. You are already a wise man in your youth and your wishes are received with gratitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
Heart-wrenching story--the pain is palpable. My holidays tend to be a tad melancholy for similar reasons.
The sharing of common bonds makes it possible for us to know one another through our individual experiences. How odd. That you can know my pain through your own, you lessen mine and hopefully, I, yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the clk man View Post
Sorry to hear that Dig, We will keep you and your family in our prayers. Keep up the Faith Man.

Call me if you need a friend to talk to. Take Care.
Prayers are good. Everything helps, my TRUE friend. I'll be in touch when I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobby View Post
Tom...
I know, Chris. I know. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboyike View Post
This is just awful.
Thanks, Ike. You are 100% correct. It IS awful and it seems so unjust.
After we accepted those facts, we were able to move on and deal with the everyday needs of our lives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 420 SE View Post
Dig, I am sorry to hear of you and your families grief.

Words are so often inadequate...
Yet yours are so perfect, mate. Good on ya and thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith View Post
Dig,

Sorry to hear of your loss. Like others have noted, losing a loved one is a uniquely painful experience each time, every time and really doesn't diminish with time. Hope everyone can share the better memories and look ahead to brighter days. Jim
Thank you Jim. As usual, you are right on the money and we will use your hope to look in the best direction as life continues to unfold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerkebi View Post
Dig, so sorry for your loss. Sounds like Tracee added a lot to life even as she struggled. My thoughts are with you and your family. Thanks for sharing with us.
You are welcome and you are so right about Tracee's influence on us, even from the prison that her body had become. She was a joy to us all, right to the end. Thank you for the kindness of your thoughts for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teutone View Post
Sorry for your loss Dig.
I am not sure whether it is appropriate, but this was sent to me some time ago, when someone close passed on:

"TO REMEMBER ME"

"At a certain moment, a doctor will determine that my brain has ceased to function and

"When that happens, do not attempt to instill artificial life into my body by the use of a machine. And don't call this my 'deathbed.' Call it my 'bed of life,' and let my body be taken from it to help others lead fuller lives.

"Give my sight to a man who has never seen a sunrise, a baby's face, or love in the eyes of a woman.

"Give my heart to a person whose own heart has caused nothing but endless days of pain.

"Give my blood to the teenager who has been pulled from his car, so that he might live to see his grandchildren play.

"Take my bones, every muscle, every fiber and nerve in my body and find a way to make a crippled child walk.

"Explore every corner of my brain. Take my cells, if necessary, and let them grow so that someday a speechless boy will shout at the crack of a bat and a deaf girl will hear the sound of rain against her windows.

"Burn what is left of me and scatter the ashes to the winds to help the flowers grow.

"If you must bury something, let it be my faults, my weaknesses, and all prejudice against my fellowman.

"Give my soul to God.

"If by chance you wish to remember me, do it with a kind deed or word to someone who needs you. If you do all I have asked, I will live forever."

----by Robert N. Test
Danke schön!

No worries, TT, it is completely appropriate as well as relevant. Tracee was signed on as an organ donor early in her life but the ravages of her final years kept her from fulfilling that last wish. She would have loved the piece and you can be certain that I will share it with the family.

For Shane...
I understand more than you know as I live that very experience in my own circumstances. Thank you for responding in a manner that was most meaningful for you as, in this matter, I would rather hear from your heart than from your wit.

Now it's time to rest and perhaps see what tomorrow will bring.

Dig
post #24 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-26-2008, 03:44 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2007
Vehicle: 71,350slc,2-75 280sl,77 280sl 4 sp manual,79 280sl 4sp manual,80 280slc,82 280sl 84 280sl
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Okay, now you went and made me cry like a big ole baby. I owe you a major butt kickin' for that. When things calm down for you of course, I'm not cruel (well I am, but not under these circumstances).
LOL, Jody

I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.
post #25 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-26-2008, 06:45 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2005
Vehicle: 85 300 TDT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to 94Wagenmeister
Dig,

My heart goes out to you, in a very special way. My oldest, now 25, has been severely disabled since birth. I know what sacrifices are made by families, and I know life goes on, one day at a time. Most of all I know how lightly society holds those who are differently abled. Hold those dear to you close and realize she is in a better place. At the end of the longest night comes dawn.

Peace my brother,
Scott in Gburg
post #26 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 11:39 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: 03 Corvette Z06;08 GMC Acadia;84 230CE MANUAL Euro;12 Acura TL Tech Pkg; 02 Lexus LS430 Ultra Luxury
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teutone View Post
Sorry for your loss Dig.

"TO REMEMBER ME"

"Give my soul to God.

----by Robert N. Test
This is the most beautiful thing I have read.
post #27 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 11:40 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: 03 Corvette Z06;08 GMC Acadia;84 230CE MANUAL Euro;12 Acura TL Tech Pkg; 02 Lexus LS430 Ultra Luxury
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
Heart-wrenching story--the pain is palpable. My holidays tend to be a tad melancholy for similar reasons.
I am sorry to hear this. I wish you strength and love.
post #28 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 03:17 PM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitch View Post
The very first post ever, on BWOT, that moved me to emotion and tears.
Well, that makes two of us.
post #29 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-27-2008, 03:49 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: My Two Left Feet
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Dig, my prayers go out to you and your family.

3. Paul Hamm, Gymnast: I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father.
post #30 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-28-2008, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
Forum Administrator RC Colas® & Moon Pies®

Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle: 1981 380SL 151K: 2001 E320 4Matic Estate 147K: 2008 E350 Sport 4Matic 120K: 2005 S500 116K
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1273 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jody View Post
Okay, now you went and made me cry like a big ole baby. I owe you a major butt kickin' for that. When things calm down for you of course, I'm not cruel (well I am, but not under these circumstances).
LOL, Jody
It's funny sometimes the things that are the catalyst for tears. For me, it's the shower. I guess there's something about all that water in my face that primes the pumps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94Wagenmeister View Post
Dig,

My heart goes out to you, in a very special way. My oldest, now 25, has been severely disabled since birth. I know what sacrifices are made by families, and I know life goes on, one day at a time. Most of all I know how lightly society holds those who are differently abled. Hold those dear to you close and realize she is in a better place. At the end of the longest night comes dawn.

Peace my brother,
Scott in Gburg
The strength it takes for that type of challenge comes from deep within, Scott and it's apparent you have plenty of reserves. Thanks for sharing some of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR View Post
Well, that makes two of us.
You're a classic Tootsie Pop, Qubes. Hard shell on the outside. Soft candy on the inside. Thanks, again for the kind compliments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slybydesignw210 View Post
Dig, my prayers go out to you and your family.
Thank you, Sly. They are just what we need right now.

Dig
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in