post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 07:29 PM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2002 clk320
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
I'm watching Primetime on T.V.

And I don't give a shit about those dumbasses who are loosing their houses. There was one guy who works as a city employee who had a $500,000 house with a $2500 a month payment. And he couldn't pay it. And he blames it on the lender because the lender didn't tell him that he couldn't afford it. Booo Hoooo. I get offers from banks saying I could afford a $750,000 house, but I had sense enough to know that I should stay in my $175,000 house. I have NO sympathy for the STUPID, even though you guys think that I'm that way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 08:01 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Sep 2005
Vehicle: 2005 SL 500
im watching dateline and the 1st segment was about people losing their homes. i do feel sorry for people who were TRULY misled into adjustable rate mortgages but i would have to see the paperwork myself. i mean isnt the rate info on the 1st few pages on all mortgages if not the 1st? who doesn't pay attention to that?

i can understand some 1st time home buyers but not people like the retired principal on date line who says she just trusted the mortgage company. a friggin principle doesn't know what are the basic terms of her mortgage??

05' SL500 - 06'RR SPORT
"Stop acting like you hit a triple, When you were Born on third base"
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gqarmstrong View Post
im watching dateline and the 1st segment was about people losing their homes. i do feel sorry for people who were TRULY misled into adjustable rate mortgages but i would have to see the paperwork myself. i mean isnt the rate info on the 1st few pages on all mortgages if not the 1st? who doesn't pay attention to that?

i can understand some 1st time home buyers but not people like the retired principal on date line who says she just trusted the mortgage company. a friggin principle doesn't know what are the basic terms of her mortgage??
Well, most people know when they can't afford something. But they WISH they could. And for that, I think they should loose everything.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-20-2008, 07:20 AM
Forum Administrator RC Colas® & Moon Pies®

Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle: 1981 380SL 151K: 2001 E320 4Matic Estate 147K: 2008 E350 Sport 4Matic 120K: 2005 S500 116K
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1277 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by the clk man View Post
I get offers from banks saying I could afford a $750,000 house, but I had sense enough to know that I should stay in my $175,000 house. I have NO sympathy for the STUPID, even though you guys think that I'm that way.
Did the Scary Doll wall tell you to say that?

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-20-2008, 07:32 AM
Will Moderate For Cigars

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4MATIC, 2010 F150 Crew Cab
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
We all have to understand, first and foremost, that we were young and stupid, once. We believed what loan officers and lenders told us. But, then wisdom set in. While I don't necessarily subscribe to the victim thing, I do believe a few were victims of predatory lending. It's the new hook and crook that was used by mortgage brokers fudging on home values to boost their commissions while screwing the home owner. It was, really, a house of cards. You can only hold up inflated/false values for so long and when the wind gusts a little, it all comes crashing down. I pity the fool who bought my last house and '125'd' it. He's probably considering 'jingle mail', right now.

So, I do feel bad for some of these guys. They simply bought into the hype that their house values had no where to go but up and they were shown the data, that since the great depression, home values steadily increased. Many bought to flip them a couple years or so later, beating the five year variable interest rate set. I do not sympathize with those. I sympathize with the people who bought into the hype that they could get a loan on their inflated home value, use the extra money from closing to fix it up and it would be worth double 5 years later. They sunk their life savings and livelyhood into it to walk away with nothing. It's those families I have sympathy for, to a degree. The speculators: I say screw them.

2005 S430 4Matic 'Morton' W220.183 • 722.671 Rest in Peace

Bells and whistles are thorns and thistles.

Last edited by cmitch; 12-20-2008 at 07:36 AM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-20-2008, 10:08 AM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digmenow View Post
Did the Scary Doll wall tell you to say that?
I am ASShamed to admit it, but yes the scary doll wall made me speak their minds or they would cut my balls of when I was passed out drunk.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-20-2008, 10:16 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jun 2003
Vehicle: 1991 300 SE
Quote:
I sympathize with the people who bought into the hype that they could get a loan on their inflated home value, use the extra money from closing to fix it up and it would be worth double 5 years later. They sunk their life savings and livelyhood into it to walk away with nothing.
True – many people with respectable incomes and good credit were simply unable to own a home when that same income would have been sufficient just a year or two before. Many lenders believed they were providing an important service to buyers not eligible for 30 year fixed with the sub-primes; besides, with home prices always going up the sub-prime owner would have tons of equity and could refinance before the rate reset.

As we know that didn’t happen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in