New York's Proposed Obesity Tax - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 02:42 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: 03 Corvette Z06;08 GMC Acadia;84 230CE MANUAL Euro;12 Acura TL Tech Pkg; 02 Lexus LS430 Ultra Luxury
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleewell View Post
can we just tax the fat people directly instead of taxing just soda?
NO, NOT SANTA! No No No, Ho Ho Ho
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 04:54 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1972 Mercedes 250 (/8) W114/M130
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR View Post
bs, not cool. who's next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digmenow View Post
Can internet use be governmentally(?) tracked for time useage so we can all be taxed by our time spent online. Imagine the bandwidth that could be freed up if people weren't uploading untold hours of video to YouTube because of the hit they'd take in taxes. Think of how much more efficient and productive America would become if all of the people with access to the internet were actually working instead because they couldn't afford to surf the a$$ thread.

Taxes of this nature should be applied as liberally as possible, no?
yes to your first question, easily done. hell this site keeps track of your time on here and all sorts of other stuff. in some places around the world you pay as you go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit96 View Post
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH
Moderator, please whack his peepee!!!!

Quote:
QUOTE=Digmenow;3214696]I can't afford to watch it. I bought a regular Coke in Brooklyn.
lol,

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit96
Hey Dig, I just noticed you have an 81 380 (I'm sharper than an egg, huh?). Any hints or suggestions? Stuff I should look for?
Let me know, I appreciate the input!
Bandit
an appropriate area of benzworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cancer_Researcher View Post
I agree with this tax. I also believe that people who smoke NOT be covered for illnesses resulting from tobacco use such as lung disease, heart disease, cancers, high blood pressure, etc. Any disability claims filed due to illness as a result of smoking should be denied. Same goes for obesity as a result of over eating and not exercising, (excluded should be medical and genetic reasons for obesity). Also should be included in this category , people who are non compliant and then they suffer even more complications of their disease. One example is an amputation of a foot of a NON COMPLIANT diabetic patient. His surgery should NOT be covered by his health insurance. THESE are the people who are the main cause of rising health care costs for the rest of the nation although not the only cause but a significant cause.
do you like litigation?

Quote:
So after we kill all these people we can bury them in a mass grave, thus not cutting down any trees for individual gravesites, coffins, etc and lowering the greenhouse gas emissions (because they won't be breathing, either) in addition to lowering insurance costs for the rest of us.
I would think in your line of work that you probably deal with actual doctors at some point. Maybe you should ask THEM - I know several personally and ALL agree the main cause of rising costs are insurance premiums (can anyone say BAILOUT?). Actual insurance payouts are a minimal part of the equation.
It's a vicious circle.
Oh, and I'm sure the diabetic WANTED to have his foot chopped off. Moron.
sweet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
This type of stuff is why politicians need to STFU at times. The Law of Unintended Consequences [apparently the only law besides gravity to actually work in the past eight years] is going to provide surprises and ramifications.

As an example:

Drink More Diet Soda, Gain More Weight?

Just google diet cola weight gain and you will get the picture.
and other stuff related to fake sugars

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
What is overweight anyway? Shit based on BMI bullshit I would be considered obese. So now what? I get taxed more because I am beefy. this is bs
agreed

Quote:
Hooray Bear!
I second that one. This country wouldn't be in half of the shitstorm it's in if politicians actually did their jobs and ran the government in the best interests of the friggin PEOPLE THAT ELECTED THEM!!
Bandit
they just need to stay out of our personal business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
As I have stated before, the years that I rode 5000-7000 miles per year on my bike and weighed 220# and could easily ride 200 miles in any given 15 hour period, I was still considered 33 pounds overweight by the BMI charts and my insurance company.

It was only after I threatened to ride from Lex to Indy, come to their office and strip down and let them find any fat that they left me alone.

While I couldn't make that same threat now, the BMI charts are still based on averages and don't take into account different body types or muscle mass.
i hope it's not wellpoint: drifting off topic

i can't recall where i read this originally unfortunately, it was better but this one will do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gqarmstrong View Post
^^yes please don't threaten to strip, thanks
santa's sexy, no? lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
hehehehe, maybe I should
oh god, NO. jody on the other hand...

in political asylum
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-20-2008, 07:01 AM
Forum Administrator RC Colas® & Moon Pies®

Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle: 1981 380SL 151K: 2001 E320 4Matic Estate 147K: 2008 E350 Sport 4Matic 120K: 2005 S500 116K
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1277 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzsmbs View Post

yes to your first question, easily done. hell this site keeps track of your time on here and all sorts of other stuff. in some places around the world you pay as you go.
It was rhetorical but thanks!

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-20-2008, 07:07 AM
Forum Administrator RC Colas® & Moon Pies®

Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle: 1981 380SL 151K: 2001 E320 4Matic Estate 147K: 2008 E350 Sport 4Matic 120K: 2005 S500 116K
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1277 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
Quote:

Hey Dig, I just noticed you have an 81 380 (I'm sharper than an egg, huh?). Any hints or suggestions? Stuff I should look for?
Let me know, I appreciate the input!
Bandit
Be prepared to be dissed on an almost hourly basis for owning the officially "Least Desirable of the 107's". I, of course, disagree. The 450 with the underhood easy bake oven cat would get my vote but that damned single row timing chain which has somehow managed to keep the car properly timed for over 25 years seems to be a feature that can't overcome the prejudice against it. Even the conversion to a double row is cause for suspicion.

I love it. Twenty MPG on regular gas. Take that you 560's!

<climbs down from soapbox>

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-20-2008, 08:49 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
This seemed to be the thread to post this. Susan and Veronica just brought over a platter of chocolate and peanut butter fudge.

I anticipate either a sugar bonk OR an awkward buzz in the very near future.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-20-2008, 09:00 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2008
Vehicle: 1981 380SL - Lorinser bodykit w/16x7 LOs - AKA "Frau Blau"(Lady Blue)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
^Cool, Dig!
Stem, buddy, you have issues.
"THESE are the people who are the main cause of rising health care costs for the rest of the nation although not the only cause but a significant cause."
Wow, MAKE UP YOUR MIND.
"i'M A DOCTOR AND I'M STUDYING TO BE A DOCTOR"
Sounds like a commercial I saw one time.
I'm happy you aren't mine. Stick with the cancer research cause your bedside manner leaves a LOT to be desired.
If you had just printed the #s 2, 3 & 4 from your scathing response to start with we would be getting along swimmingly because I agree with those 100% (except actually #2 is caused by #3 & #4)

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in