Woman Says Church Threatening To Make Sins Public....... - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-18-2008, 08:37 AM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Woman Says Church Threatening To Make Sins Public.......

Woman Says Church Threatening To Make Sins Public

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- A divorced Jacksonville woman said her former church has threatened to "go public with her sins" and tell the congregation about her sexual relationship with her new boyfriend.

Rebecca Hancock said harassment from Grace Community Church in Mandarin over her sex life caused her to leave, but she said that didn't put an end to the problem. She said she received a letter from the church's elders telling her the church plans to make her personal life very public.

"I'm basically run out. I'm the church harlot," Hancock said.

The 49-year-old said she has been dating a man for a while and she said members of the congregation at Grace Community Church haven't been happy about the relationship.

"Because I have a boyfriend that I'm involved with … to not be married to that person is a sin," Hancock said.

She said the issue caused her to leave the church. However, she said the church has not let go of her.

The letter Hancock received from the church states that because she has refused to end her sexual relationship with her boyfriend, "you leave us with no other choice but to carry out the commands of the Lord Jesus Christ" … "In accordance with Matthew 18:17 we intend to 'tell it to the church.'"

"On January 4, my sins will be told to the church, publicly, with my children sitting in the church and my friends," Hancock said.

The pastor of Grace Community Church, Dr. T. Scott Christmas, told Channel 4 he had no comment.

Pastors with whom Channel 4 spoke on Monday said announcing a sin to a congregation is not abnormal. They said it's written in the Bible to punish sinners who continue to sin.

The difference in Hancock's case is that she has left the church, and the pastors said that's is usually where punishment ends.

Despite the church's letter stating its biblical backing, Hancock said she has backed out of the church and they should leave her alone because she is no longer a member.

"I am a Christian, and that will never change. My relationship with Jesus has to do with me and Jesus, and he knows my heart," Hancock said.

The book of Matthew does have three steps that the church talked about in taking action against a member who is in sin.

Hancock said she is now attending a different church, and said she is planning to send a letter to Grace Community Church to make sure it's understood that she no longer a member.

Woman Says Church Threatening To Make Sins Public - Jacksonville News Story - WJXT Jacksonville
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-18-2008, 08:47 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: May 2005
Vehicle: 2008 S63 (USS Vengeance) <space for a W140, R129>
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
LOL, reminds me of some of the churches I attended in GA. Always pointing fingers at other folks....I bet that flock has a whole bunch of sinners in their midst. I wonder if they are going to say how she sinned...you know what it doggy style, missionary. I bet if they have pics.....there will record attendance.

Wait a minute....how the hell did the church, elders...know she was having sex? Weird.

"The man who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The man who walks alone is likely to find himself in places no one has ever been" Alan Ashley-Pitt

2008 S63 "U.S.S. Vengeance"

RIP: 2007 S600 " The Enterprise" or "NCC-1701-D"
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-18-2008, 08:48 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Mar 2008
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good thing she went to the media, they will keep her secret quiet. IDIOT!
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-18-2008, 08:51 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2002 clk320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakarta Expat View Post
Woman Says Church Threatening To Make Sins Public

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- A divorced Jacksonville woman said her former church has threatened to "go public with her sins" and tell the congregation about her sexual relationship with her new boyfriend.

Rebecca Hancock said harassment from Grace Community Church in Mandarin over her sex life caused her to leave, but she said that didn't put an end to the problem. She said she received a letter from the church's elders telling her the church plans to make her personal life very public.

"I'm basically run out. I'm the church harlot," Hancock said.

The 49-year-old said she has been dating a man for a while and she said members of the congregation at Grace Community Church haven't been happy about the relationship.

"Because I have a boyfriend that I'm involved with … to not be married to that person is a sin," Hancock said.

She said the issue caused her to leave the church. However, she said the church has not let go of her.

The letter Hancock received from the church states that because she has refused to end her sexual relationship with her boyfriend, "you leave us with no other choice but to carry out the commands of the Lord Jesus Christ" … "In accordance with Matthew 18:17 we intend to 'tell it to the church.'"

"On January 4, my sins will be told to the church, publicly, with my children sitting in the church and my friends," Hancock said.

The pastor of Grace Community Church, Dr. T. Scott Christmas, told Channel 4 he had no comment.

Pastors with whom Channel 4 spoke on Monday said announcing a sin to a congregation is not abnormal. They said it's written in the Bible to punish sinners who continue to sin.

The difference in Hancock's case is that she has left the church, and the pastors said that's is usually where punishment ends.

Despite the church's letter stating its biblical backing, Hancock said she has backed out of the church and they should leave her alone because she is no longer a member.

"I am a Christian, and that will never change. My relationship with Jesus has to do with me and Jesus, and he knows my heart," Hancock said.

The book of Matthew does have three steps that the church talked about in taking action against a member who is in sin.

Hancock said she is now attending a different church, and said she is planning to send a letter to Grace Community Church to make sure it's understood that she no longer a member.

Woman Says Church Threatening To Make Sins Public - Jacksonville News Story - WJXT Jacksonville
I use to live in Jacksonville, Fla. and I know of the Church. And the Pastor and the Congregation should also remember this Verse from the Bible.

"let he who is without sin, cast the first stone"
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-18-2008, 10:18 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Gotta love Christians.

Somewhere along the way too many ministers came to the belief that they were more important than the message they were suppose to teach.

I would guess this little church is going to find it's separation of church and state to get infringed within the next week or so. Hope they have liability insurance.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-18-2008, 10:50 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: 03 Corvette Z06;08 GMC Acadia;84 230CE MANUAL Euro;12 Acura TL Tech Pkg; 02 Lexus LS430 Ultra Luxury
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
She should wait until the church "tells all" and then sue that pants of the church for slandering. Let her children record it. I say she should bankrupt the church.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-18-2008, 11:00 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I wonder if she gave them the juicy stuff, like whether she swallows or takes it up the ass? I want to be there for that.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-18-2008, 01:49 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: Baby
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove View Post
I wonder if she gave them the juicy stuff, like whether she swallows or takes it up the ass? I want to be there for that.
No surprise here
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-18-2008, 03:11 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Please don’t take this the wrong way, but your pathetic cowardice is possibly matched only by your chronic erectile dysfunction and inability to use a modern toilet, you fucking pile of steaming dog shit.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-18-2008, 03:15 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)
^Is that called diplomacy?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in