Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-18-2008, 04:29 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Oct 2007
Vehicle: 2008 e 350 4matic wagon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Respect is a 2-way street.Except,for some God-damn reason, when it comes to religion. So until we all have enough fortitude to ban religion,we'll just have to put up with bullshit events like this one where one side is 'right" at the expense of the other.
If this gal swore at the court attendent/bailiff/whatever, she deserves some sort of straightening out REGARDLESS of what f'ing religion she adheres to. And thats the way it should be in a PUBLIC court.
post #33 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-18-2008, 04:32 PM Thread Starter
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by torontomichael View Post
Respect is a 2-way street.Except,for some God-damn reason, when it comes to religion. So until we all have enough fortitude to ban religion,we'll just have to put up with bullshit events like this one where one side is 'right" at the expense of the other.
If this gal swore at the court attendent/bailiff/whatever, she deserves some sort of straightening out REGARDLESS of what f'ing religion she adheres to. And thats the way it should be in a PUBLIC court.
Dude,, she said something to him OUTSIDE of a court room. If a cop arrests me because I said something to him I will sue his ass to no end, get it?
post #34 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-18-2008, 04:35 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: 03 Corvette Z06;08 GMC Acadia;84 230CE MANUAL Euro;12 Acura TL Tech Pkg; 02 Lexus LS430 Ultra Luxury
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
Dude,, she said something to him OUTSIDE of a court room. If a cop arrests me because I said something to him I will sue his ass to no end, get it?
EXACTLY............OUTSIDE!<---------------FREEDOM of SPEECH! Thanks Drew. Someone has the intelligence to call it for what this really is. RACISM

Last edited by Cancer_Researcher; 12-18-2008 at 04:38 PM.
post #35 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-18-2008, 04:48 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
I get it. but you don't; cops do have authority & CAN haul you in for mouthing off. Don't believe me? Go up to a cop,swear at him and see the results for yourself. And importantly,see how much racism enters into it. And she didn't "just say something".It was a little more nasty...maybe we should find out what it was she said so we can THEN judge the response?

Last edited by torontomichael; 12-18-2008 at 04:53 PM.
post #36 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-18-2008, 04:50 PM Thread Starter
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
I get it and cops CAN haul you in for mouthing off.
Where, in Canada? That cop did not haul her to jail first, he took her to a judge: in the courtroom! This was a show
post #37 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-18-2008, 05:05 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 03 Corvette Z06;08 GMC Acadia;84 230CE MANUAL Euro;12 Acura TL Tech Pkg; 02 Lexus LS430 Ultra Luxury
Quote:
I get it. but you don't; cops do have authority & CAN haul you in for mouthing off. Don't believe me? Go up to a cop,swear at him and see the results for yourself. And importantly,see how much racism enters into it. And she didn't "just say something".It was a little more nasty...maybe we should find out what it was she said so we can THEN judge the response?
This may have been in Afghanistan under the rule of the Taliban. NOT ALLOWED IN USA unless a person gets physically abusive while cursing. I know this for a fact. Although I am very proud of the fact that I have always gotten myself out of getting speeding tickets, my younger brother is not that lucky but then he is a 35 year old multi-millionaire and can handle his insurance rates going sky high. Anyways, every time he has gotten a ticket he has cursed the cop and has called them anything from "ASSHOLE" to "FUCK YOU" to "DICKHEAD" and I have been in the passenger's seat several of those times. NEVER has he been taken to jail BECAUSE THE COP CAN'T. (My brother does it for kicks. (To each his own I guess) We are talking about TX, NC, NY, VA, TN, MD, FL, and then some. Like Drew said, if a cop hauled me off to jail for cursing and if there were witnesses, I would sue the cop, his department, the city and the State AND GO and FUCK the cop's wife and daughter at the same time and tell him to his face that his women sucked! If no witnesses then I wouldn't curse at him because I know it would be his word against mine in court and 99.9% of the time the cop would lie and say I hit him.
post #38 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-18-2008, 05:29 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cancer_Researcher View Post
This may have been in Afghanistan under the rule of the Taliban. NOT ALLOWED IN USA unless a person gets physically abusive while cursing. I know this for a fact. Although I am very proud of the fact that I have always gotten myself out of getting speeding tickets, my younger brother is not that lucky but then he is a 35 year old multi-millionaire and can handle his insurance rates going sky high. Anyways, every time he has gotten a ticket he has cursed the cop and has called them anything from "ASSHOLE" to "FUCK YOU" to "DICKHEAD" and I have been in the passenger's seat several of those times. NEVER has he been taken to jail BECAUSE THE COP CAN'T. (My brother does it for kicks. (To each his own I guess) We are talking about TX, NC, NY, VA, TN, MD, FL, and then some. Like Drew said, if a cop hauled me off to jail for cursing and if there were witnesses, I would sue the cop, his department, the city and the State AND GO and FUCK the cop's wife and daughter at the same time and tell him to his face that his women sucked! If no witnesses then I wouldn't curse at him because I know it would be his word against mine in court and 99.9% of the time the cop would lie and say I hit him.
Wow your brother is exactly the kind of disrespectful,moneyed asshole that gives Americans the "Not Welcome" sign abroad.Thank you for clarifying the utter ignorance in which you (and your spoiled assed brother) regard all others if it so suits you.Case closed.
post #39 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-18-2008, 05:38 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Wow your brother is exactly the kind of disrespectful,moneyed asshole that gives Americans the "Not Welcome" sign abroad.Thank you for clarifying the utter ignorance in which you (and your spoiled assed brother) regard all others if it so suits you.Case closed.
I wasn't expecting to be insulted and no this is not how I act nor do I condone it nor do I condone by brother's behavior nor am I proud of how he treats cops. I was merely pointing out to you that your suggestion of cursing a cop and "see what happens" has been tried several times and no they don't arrest you in USA for foul language unless you get aggressive. Your above comment however was uncalled for. I guess you attack when you get cornered.
post #40 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-18-2008, 05:40 PM Thread Starter
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Dude not all Americans are that disrespectful. My grand father was a NY cop (yes even NYC after he did Albany and Troy), he specialized in car theft in NYC before he retired and ended up at Geico. No he's not a caveman LOL, anyway, he told me of stories of assholes opening their yap a little too much and if there were no witnesses:guess what, you guessed it Mind you that was the fifties through the seventies, so I don't know how cops play nowadays, maybe badbenz can tell us
The last time I had a heated exchange with a cop was last year. The bitch told me to stop writing the license plate of an idiot that crashed into my neighbor's front lawn. The next day I called the district chief and she was removed from my neighborhood for good. The only reason I did not escalate the discussion with her was because I was alone and she had another asshole backing her up. You just have to know how to play it I guess.
Anyway, not to go on a tangent from the main issue here: freedom of speech is protected by our Constitution, and yes that includes telling a cop to go fuk himself as long as it's not followed by a threat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in