post #191 of 278 (permalink) Old 12-20-2008, 11:48 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1999 ML320
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
Israel is a made up state and that's a fact. ...
The entire region consists of made up states and that's a fact, too.

Stop the selective quoting and revisionist history..... wait a minute, that's what propagandists practice.

Last edited by mlfun; 12-20-2008 at 12:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #192 of 278 (permalink) Old 12-20-2008, 12:00 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1999 ML320
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
This is an example of selective quoting which qualifies as propaganda (IMO). Tahloube, you characterize the Hamas as children making firecracker bombs in their backyard and tossing them over to the neighbor's yard when facts are the attacks are much more lethal than that (See the view from the other side in my previous post).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahloube View Post
What bomb development in the Middle East? The ones that Israel develop, including their nuclear ones or the ones Arabs buy mostly from Uncle Sam ? Saddam developed a couple of missiles and the rest is history. Hamas makes primitive, home-made rockets that are hurled no beyond Sderot which is literally a stone-throw's away from Gaza and the casualties they make are mainly nervous breakdowns among settlers, yet 1.5 million people get punished for the fire-cracker hurling by frequent Israeli air raids, continuous closures and military incursions.

Sorry to disappoint you but I'm not against weapons in the current situation. In a world full of injustice and bullying by nations that don not only have and develop weapons of all sorts but repeatedly use them, I think every nation has the right to develop weapons to defend itself. Unless the world reaches a maturity level were everybody disarm and destroy whatever weapons they have.. which is something that never happened in man's history.

I am for peace.. A just and comprehensive peace. But I don't see it in the near future. Most Arabs have the same view.
post #193 of 278 (permalink) Old 12-20-2008, 12:09 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Oct 2007
Vehicle: 2008 e 350 4matic wagon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlfun View Post
Here's a perspective from the other side.
Iranians are not Arabs,my friend.We have a family from Iran that are friends of ours.Trust me,they are Persians,not Arabs.But your point is made nonetheless.
post #194 of 278 (permalink) Old 12-20-2008, 01:26 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2006
Quote:
This is an example of selective quoting which qualifies as propaganda (IMO). Tahloube, you characterize the Hamas as children making firecracker bombs in their backyard and tossing them over to the neighbor's yard when facts are the attacks are much more lethal than that (See the view from the other side in my previous post).
"Children making firecraker bombs."

Yeah, right.

Sderot hit by Kassam barrage from Gaza - May 2007

Since May 15, Palestinians have launched over 300 Kassam rockets from Gaza at Sderot and the western Negev. Hamas has openly claimed responsibility for the ongoing attack.
View video clip about Kassam attacks on Sderot
Download video clip

Since May 15, MDA personnel have been dispatched to treat 175 casualties:
2 died of their injuries, 2 were severely wounded, 2 moderately and 19 lightly injured. Another 150 persons suffered from anxiety attacks.

Following continued Kassam attacks on Sderot, Defense Minister Amir Peretz (May 20) declared a "special Home Front situation" in the communities surrounding the Gaza Strip.

Rocket attack: Daily distribution of identified hits (May 15-31)

Kassams strike Sderot - Photos
Drawings by children of Sderot
Download video footage from Sderot
Gaza terror update - 10 June 2007 (Powerpoint)

FM Livni met with EU Foreign Policy Representative Javier Solana in Sderot (May 21): "The situation in Sderot is unbearable... We consider the Palestinian government headed by the Hamas terrorist organization responsible for this situation, and this unacceptable situation must be stopped.
Until now, Israel has shown restraint. But the rockets and the Kassam missile attacks on Sderot continue. Israel must defend its citizens. While Israel is looking for terrorists, In order to stop them from their terrorist activities against civilians, these terrorists are looking for civilians to kill." (Transcript of press conference)
- During their meeting, Kassam rockets fell on Sderot, killing Shirel Friedman.
- The children of Sderot presented them with a selection of drawings.

Briefing by FM Livni to the Diplomatic Corps (May 18): "Israeli citizens in the southern part of Israel are under constant attack. The situation in the south is not part of an ongoing conflict between Israel and the Palestinians. For too long, the international community has taken the situation in the southern part of Israel as acceptable, as part of the routine in Israel - and it is not. Enough is enough." (Full opening statement)

FM Livni (May 16): "We expect the international community to demand of the Palestinian authority and the Palestinians to stop this violence against innocent civilians in Israel." (Full statement)

PM Olmert (May 16): "The Hamas government is behind the terrorist actions and it cannot be that it also seeks international recognition and economic assistance from the nations of the world." The IDF has been authorized to carry out a series of actions to strike at those who launch Kassam missiles and their commanders, to disrupt launch capabilities and to strike at terrorist infrastructures. (Text of communique)
post #195 of 278 (permalink) Old 12-20-2008, 01:28 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by torontomichael View Post
Iranians are not Arabs,my friend.We have a family from Iran that are friends of ours.Trust me,they are Persians,not Arabs.But your point is made nonetheless.
Turks, Pakis and Afghans are not arabs either, you can substract those countries from the map mlfun posted.

Is the point still made?
post #196 of 278 (permalink) Old 12-20-2008, 01:43 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2008
Quoted: 744 Post(s)
More airstrikes

The Associated Press: Israel strikes Gaza day after truce expires

GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip (AP) — An Israeli airstrike against a Palestinian rocket squad killed a militant Saturday, the first death in Gaza since Hamas formally declared an end to a six-month truce.

Palestinians fired 10 rockets and at least 23 mortar shells from Gaza into Israel, causing some property damage but no casualties, the Israeli military said. An Israeli airstrike at one of the rocket squads in northern Gaza killed a militant, said the army and Palestinian medics.

The Al Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades, the armed wing of Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas' Fatah movement, identified the dead man as one of its fighters. Hamas, which controls Gaza, said it was behind the mortar fire.

A six-month truce that expired Friday had curbed violence between Israel and Hamas in Gaza though sporadic fighting has continued. Hamas declared Friday that it would not continue the truce.

Also Saturday, a boat carrying a Qatari delegation, Lebanese activists and journalists from Israel and Lebanon sailed into Gaza City's small port in defiance of a border blockade. It was the fifth such boat trip since the summer and the first official Arab delegation to reach Gaza.

Israel and Egypt closed Gaza's borders after Hamas seized control of the territory in June 2007. Since November, Israel has tightened the blockade to pressure Gaza militants to halt their rocket fire on Israeli border towns.

The two Qatari citizens aboard the vessel that reached Gaza are from the government-funded Qatar Authority for Charitable Activities.

"We are here to represent the Qatar government and people," said delegation member Aed al-Kahtani. "We will look into the needs of our brothers in Gaza, and find out what is the most appropriate way to bring in (aid)."

Qatar has warm relations with both Israel and Hamas.

The militant group has called on Arab countries to challenge Israel by sailing to Gaza.

"We hope it will be the beginning of Arab moves to break the blockade," said Gaza Prime Minister Ismail Haniyeh of Hamas.

Israeli naval boats blocked a recent attempt by a Libyan cargo ship to enter Gaza.

Also on board Saturday were Israeli reporter Shlomi Eldar, a Lebanese reporter, Katya Nasser, from Arab satellite TV channel al-Jazeera, and another Lebanese citizen.

Israel bars its citizens from entering Gaza, fearing for their safety. Eldar, who works for Israel's Channel 10 TV, is the second Israeli journalist to come to Gaza by boat. He has covered the territory since 1991 and said he was trying to assess how much has changed since he was last able to visit.

Israeli journalist Amira Hass, who writes for the Haaretz daily, left Gaza abruptly earlier this month, saying Hamas security officials told her they could not guarantee her safety.

The boat sailed from the Cypriot port of Larnaca on Friday, decked with colorful Palestinian and Lebanese flags. It also carried symbolic humanitarian aid. The visitors are expected to stay in the territory overnight.

In the West Bank, Palestinian inmates clashed with their Israeli guards at a prison camp near Ramallah.

Palestinian deputy minister of prisoner affairs, Ziad Abu Ein, said guards were carrying out an inspection in the Ofer prison camp when fighting broke out. Guards used stun grenades, tear gas and clubs and eight prisoners were injured, he said.

The Israel Prisons Service said in a statement that seven inmates suffered slightly from smoke inhalation and three guards were injured during the disturbance. The difference in numbers could not immediately be rectified.

The Prisons Service said about 150 prisoners took part in the fighting that started when inmates threw objects at the guards and set two tents on fire. It said order was restored and the fires extinguished.

Outside the prison, several ambulances and scores of Israeli riot police wearing gas masks were seen entering the facility. Streams of tear gas and water could also be seen over the prison walls.

Israel holds more than 8,000 Palestinian prisoners, and clashes break out occasionally between inmates and guards.

© All photographs and likenesses of Multipurpose are protected under copyright
law. Any use of photographs in whole or in part is strictly prohibited
unless authorization is granted in writing by copyright holder. All rights
reserved.
post #197 of 278 (permalink) Old 12-20-2008, 02:46 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Here a sample of the views from the other side which is not represented in bwot at all (not counting third parties).
This report could be propaganda or not, but have no doubts a full fledged guerilla war is being waged.
You speak of selective, you just practiced it yourself!
Why not show Palestinian causalities when you want to show us how the Israelis are dying. Show us also how many died from lack of medical access which is in no way denied to the Israelis.
This thread can go on as both sides are culprits in killing the other but I know that you don't consider fighting for one's property is a legitimate fight. I sure hope that we never get invaded because I know full well how you will lay down like a bitch for the occupiers. You will call me a terrorist for defending the USA and that I am certain, and what's certain is that I might also show up at your door if you ever betray our country. Some of you assholes speak of patriotism but don't even know what it means. You know like Multipoopie who will never agree to pay a little more in taxes to save our country because he's still in denial that Bush fucked it up.
post #198 of 278 (permalink) Old 12-20-2008, 02:48 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Multipurpose View Post
More airstrikes
Yeah, that gets your blood going you fuking criminal! And you still wonder why they hate us
post #199 of 278 (permalink) Old 12-20-2008, 03:09 PM
Cruise Control

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: '87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1426 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Yeah, that gets your blood going you fuking criminal! And you still wonder why they hate us
wird...
post #200 of 278 (permalink) Old 12-20-2008, 03:29 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: 03 Corvette Z06;08 GMC Acadia;84 230CE MANUAL Euro;12 Acura TL Tech Pkg; 02 Lexus LS430 Ultra Luxury
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Quote:
You speak of selective, you just practiced it yourself!
Why not show Palestinian causalities when you want to show us how the Israelis are dying. Show us also how many died from lack of medical access which is in no way denied to the Israelis.
This thread can go on as both sides are culprits in killing the other but I know that you don't consider fighting for one's property is a legitimate fight. I sure hope that we never get invaded because I know full well how you will lay down like a bitch for the occupiers. You will call me a terrorist for defending the USA and that I am certain, and what's certain is that I might also show up at your door if you ever betray our country. Some of you assholes speak of patriotism but don't even know what it means. You know like Multipoopie who will never agree to pay a little more in taxes to save our country because he's still in denial that Bush fucked it up.
Since 2000, the death toll is 5 Palestinians to every 1 Israeli
The numbers also do not include the sizable number of Palestinians who died as a result of inability to reach medical care due to Israeli road closures, curfews, etc.
Israelis and Palestinians Killed since 9/29/2000

Deaths from 1987-2007 Deaths, 1987-2007

New York Times Minimizes Palestinian Deaths

Israeli deaths were 37% more likely to be reported than Palestinian. Untitled Document

NewsNight reported on 46 of the 62 Israeli deaths during the period covered but only on 20 of the 112 Palestinian deaths during the same period. PALESTINE MEDIA WATCH While Palestinian civilians accounted for 40% of the overall deaths during the time period monitored, only 7% of NewsNight’s coverage of all deaths caused by the conflict was spent on Palestinian civilians. In fact, coverage of the deaths of Israeli soldiers was nearly twice that of Palestinian civilians.
I can go on and on but MILF $ the likes should get the message.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in