LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #171 of 278 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 11:54 AM
Cruise Control

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: '87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1428 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Wow, lots of Merkin hate spewing up here--what gives?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #172 of 278 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 12:01 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
Wow, lots of Merkin hate spewing up here--what gives?
Because they can't stand an opinion that's not inline with their hatred. They can't stand an opinion from someone who is a direct stakeholder of the situation in the ME because it's not vetted by the media and other "proper" politically correct venues.
post #173 of 278 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 12:01 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Oct 2007
Vehicle: 2008 e 350 4matic wagon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahloube View Post
When I said " nice Arabs never retaliate", I meant it to be cynical and degrading. When foreign fighter jets enter a sovereign state's airspace, carry out a bombing operation and then return home as if it was someone going into a grocery shop and then leaving it's a disgrace to that state.. It happened with Iraq and last year with Syria. I was too young to remember the Iraqi reaction but Syria's official statement was "We have the right to retaliate at the right time and the right place". Chances are the world would be over before Syria thinks of doing anything about it, including preventing the re-occurrence of such routine Israeli policing of Arab activities.

9/11 was in 2001, right? Did the mindset of Arabs cause you any worries before that date??

You know what worries me as an Arab? The mindset of people who are ready to be manipulated by propaganda (something Israelis excel at) to the point that they enthusiastically send their troops to Iraq to avenge an act allegedly committed by people in Afghanistan.

You and I are 100% in agreement on this specific item. This attitude pops up the world over and is unjustified regardless of where or to whom,it occurs
post #174 of 278 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 12:07 PM
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
^^
That's because Iraq was declared Israel's mortal enemy.... it was not ours, but hey we just do the do: you want to talk about propaganda? Look where we are, we spent BILLIONS on the WRONG fukin war and we still have idiots like mlfn and coon attacking the wrong message/poster. Propaganda works well when we have idiots like them and that's the sad truth.
post #175 of 278 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 12:37 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
^^
That's because Iraq was declared Israel's mortal enemy.... it was not ours, but hey we just do the do: you want to talk about propaganda? Look where we are, we spent BILLIONS on the WRONG fukin war and we still have idiots like mlfn and coon attacking the wrong message/poster. Propaganda works well when we have idiots like them and that's the sad truth.
Interestingly, nations less close to the USA than Canada (like Poland,Nicaragua,Thailand etc) did follow Bush into Iraq.Respectfully,it showed a lot more conviction for Canada to not follow it's close friend & neighbor than for these other nations.Not just the Canadian government,but the majority of Canadian people were ok with our going into Afghanistan. (Many Canadians now want out of Afghanistan due to fear Afghanistan will take on the characteristics of Irag). On the other hand,the majority of Canadians were totally against going into Iraq however, and we never went in.Maybe our government really listened to us and acted in accordance to our peoples' wishes and thereby rejected pressure from other nations to join the war? Personally,I like Americans...even those on this site... But the Bush Era will provide a history lesson in decent people putting trust into an indecent, unworthy political administration.

p.s. I'm sure ALL nations have had disastrous governments throughout history including those who are powerhouses today.

Last edited by torontomichael; 12-19-2008 at 12:45 PM.
post #176 of 278 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 12:49 PM
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by torontomichael View Post
Interestingly, nations less close to the USA than Canada (like Poland,Nicaragua,Thailand etc) did follow Bush into Iraq.Respectfully,it showed a lot more conviction for Canada to not follow it's close friend & neighbor than for these other nations.Not just the Canadian government,but the majority of Canadian people were ok with our going into Afghanistan. (Many Canadians now want out of Afghanistan due to fear Afghanistan will take on the characteristics of Irag). On the other hand,the majority of Canadians were totally against going into Iraq however.Maybe our government really listened to us and acted in accordance to our wishes and thereby rejected pressure from other nations to join the war? Personally,I like Americans...even those on this site... But the Bush Era will provide a history lesson in decent people putting trust into an indecent, unworthy political administration.
Thank you, and I think most us, at least myself included, like Canadians and respect them. They seem to be less susceptible to falling for propaganda and a drive to hate others because they are different or some of their elements harmed us in one form or another. We got hit hard during 911 but that was in NO WAY an Iraqi, Arab, or Muslim plot. That was committed by a bunch of murderers that had control over Afghanistan in the most thuggish fashion ever seen in recent history.
The culprit was clearly marked yet we fell for Israel's agenda at wiping out its neighbors because God gave them that decree. So we have been manipulated by one religious kook to another. As far as I am concerned I now don't see a difference between the Taliban, Israel's war mongers, Al Qaeda, and the neo cons. They are all fuking the same! They want our resources to fight their fight so they can fulfill God's promises to bring the Messiah home.
post #177 of 278 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 12:58 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: 03 Corvette Z06;08 GMC Acadia;84 230CE MANUAL Euro;12 Acura TL Tech Pkg; 02 Lexus LS430 Ultra Luxury
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
Thank you, and I think most us, at least myself included, like Canadians and respect them. They seem to be less susceptible to falling for propaganda and a drive to hate others because they are different or some of their elements harmed us in one form or another. We got hit hard during 911 but that was in NO WAY an Iraqi, Arab, or Muslim plot. That was committed by a bunch of murderers that had control over Afghanistan in the most thuggish fashion ever seen in recent history.
The culprit was clearly marked yet we fell for Israel's agenda at wiping out its neighbors because God gave them that decree. So we have been manipulated by one religious kook to another. As far as I am concerned I now don't see a difference between the Taliban, Israel's war mongers, Al Qaeda, and the neo cons. They are all fuking the same! They want our resources to fight their fight so they can fulfill God's promises to bring the Messiah home.
Very simple, to the point, and 100% accurate and 100% truth. Thank you Drew

Last edited by Cancer_Researcher; 12-19-2008 at 01:34 PM.
post #178 of 278 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 01:03 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

What?! Drewprof, Cancer_Researcher and torontomichael all in agreement? On the SAME THREAD? Geez guys...it must be Christmas or something
post #179 of 278 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 01:17 PM
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
What?! Drewprof, Cancer_Researcher and torontomichael all in agreement? On the SAME THREAD? Geez guys...it must be Christmas or something
eat your heart out mlfun

Yep, it really is simple: we got hosed Davey!

I wonder if Osama believes in Santa Clause... So far he's been good to him
post #180 of 278 (permalink) Old 12-19-2008, 01:32 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: 03 Corvette Z06;08 GMC Acadia;84 230CE MANUAL Euro;12 Acura TL Tech Pkg; 02 Lexus LS430 Ultra Luxury
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Quote:
^^^^^THAT made my day! MILF and COON SHIT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in