How GM screwed us! Will never buy again from big 3 - Page 9 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 101 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 02:50 PM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Oct 2004
Vehicle: 2006 E55, 2005 SLK55, a few others
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelschneider View Post
How much for the E55 and do you deliver?
As it's (thank the Lord), a lease, you may pick it up at whatever dealership ends up stuck with a 2006 E55 with very, very, low miles and a payoff that is at least 20K more than it's worth.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 101 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 09:53 PM
Forum Administrator RC Colas® & Moon Pies®

Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle: 1981 380SL 151K: 2001 E320 4Matic Estate 147K: 2008 E350 Sport 4Matic 120K: 2005 S500 116K
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1272 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
My 560SEL has 300K miles and the engine runs like a high end sewing machine
I've been trying to tell you. Take it to my indie and he will have it running like a high end Mercedes-Benz.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

post #83 of 101 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 01:32 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1999 ML320
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
What a sob story. Relax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cancer_Researcher View Post
My father has a 2002 Suburban. This was purchased new. During the warranty period the CD player was changed right before the warranty ended in 2005 at almost 36K miles. The suburban now has 50K miles, all of these are highway miles. (15K in 3 years). The CD player broke again so after consulting with QBNCGAR I replaced the cd player with a pioneer. When I removed the OE "NEW" factory cd player I noticed that the dealer had replaced it with a REMANUFACTURED one!!! It had a sticker one it. This CD player was remanufactured in 05/2001. The Suburban is 2002 and it was placed in the car in 2005! If this was remanufactured in 2001 then it is possible that this CD player was probably put in service in 1999-2000!
We paid for a new vehicle and under factory warranty they should have replaced the CD player with a brand new one and NOT a used remanufactured one that was 6-7 years old. Had they used a brand new unit, we would NOT be having this problem so soon again. When I called the dealer, they simply stated that I had no recourse and was basically shit out of luck as the "new" remanufactued cd was also no longer under warranty. When I asked WHY they put in a remanufactured cd player in it instead of a new one, they told me that this was a GM policy and they could not do anything. I told him that in our Honda, Nissan, and Toyota vehicles whenever the radio broke under warranty they always replaced with a brand new unit TO MAKE SURE that we didn't have this problem again and we never did. The service advisor wasn't helpful and all he said that I had to pay for another one. I got frustrated and told him that this is the reason why the big 3 need a bailout.
As I told you guys before that my father was in the market to buy a new truck and we were considering a Sierra crew cab 5.3L V8 ($18,000 great price) and after this event we did go to the Toyota dealership and were quoted $28K for a new Tundra Crew Max 5.6L V8. My father has now basically decided that he will pay $10K MORE to get the Tundra and to hell with the big 3. I agree with him. Although the GM products are now giving 100K mile warranty for their drivetrains we can't help but wonder that if we DID need to have the engine or tranny replaced in the GM truck whether they would use a new one or a used remanufactured one and hide behind GM policy.
The BIG 3 still doesn't get it. They just lost another potential sale/customer. I SAY FUCK THEM ALL. We will NEVER have another American (Big 3 vehicle). Gone are the days when in the 80s and 90s the rednecks said, "Live in America, buy American." I say, "Buy the best for the money or buy better for more money." I also wrote to the local news about this and am hoping that they wil air this story! I will also be contacting the local newspapers. toyota has 0% financing, I hope Honda and Nissan also follow and further kill the sales of the Big 3.
post #84 of 101 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 05:21 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: 03 Corvette Z06;08 GMC Acadia;84 230CE MANUAL Euro;12 Acura TL Tech Pkg; 02 Lexus LS430 Ultra Luxury
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlfun View Post
What a sob story. Relax.
Jeee Thanks. Actually I was pointingb out why the big 3 now need a bailout. I wonder why Toyota, Nissan, Honda, BMW, Mercedes, etc don't need bailouts.
post #85 of 101 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 07:06 AM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digmenow View Post
I've been trying to tell you. Take it to my indie and he will have it running like a high end Mercedes-Benz.
It's the 190E that needs tending that eludes me but I will get it... by myself
post #86 of 101 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 07:07 AM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Jeee Thanks. Actually I was pointingb out why the big 3 now need a bailout. I wonder why Toyota, Nissan, Honda, BMW, Mercedes, etc don't need bailouts.
The Big Three don't need a bailout, they need to die
post #87 of 101 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 07:31 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 03 Corvette Z06;08 GMC Acadia;84 230CE MANUAL Euro;12 Acura TL Tech Pkg; 02 Lexus LS430 Ultra Luxury
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
The Big Three don't need a bailout, they need to die
They will, don't worry.
post #88 of 101 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 07:37 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Also, ever heard the old saying, "the best form of advertising is by the word of mouth?" Well I am telling EVERYONE that I know about this. I have actually talked one girl out of buying a Malibu and now she is going with a Camry and she will get 0%! This is the only way I know how to hurt them back and this is extremely satisfying. I hope to be able to sway at least 10 people personally and then write to the GM executives/local news with a list of the names and numbers of my friends(with their permission) and tell them which cars they went with instead!
post #89 of 101 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 08:33 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2003
Vehicle: 2001 Jaguar XJR, 1994 E320(sold)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Also, ever heard the old saying, "the best form of advertising is by the word of mouth?" Well I am telling EVERYONE that I know about this. I have actually talked one girl out of buying a Malibu and now she is going with a Camry and she will get 0%! This is the only way I know how to hurt them back and this is extremely satisfying. I hope to be able to sway at least 10 people personally and then write to the GM executives/local news with a list of the names and numbers of my friends(with their permission) and tell them which cars they went with instead!

The Malibu is a better car than the Camry....but hey your the "expert"!

My Car WOO HOO...... Now SOLD
New car.... 2001 Jaguar XJR!!!!

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
post #90 of 101 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 08:42 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBenz94 View Post
The Malibu is a better car than the Camry....but hey your the "expert"!
Slightly more informed

A better car for cops BECAUSE THEY themselves don't have to worry about the keep up. The taxpayers do that for you. Cops just tear them up and get new ones at 100K miles.

Last edited by Cancer_Researcher; 12-12-2008 at 08:45 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in