post #111 of 144 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 10:21 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1972 Mercedes 250 (/8) W114/M130
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
I also believe it's important to note that Blagojevich did not participate in the genocides of Kosovo or Bosnia.
why is that part important to mention? he's an american serb. he was born here.

in political asylum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #112 of 144 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 10:51 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzsmbs View Post
why is that part important to mention? he's an american serb. he was born here.
You obviously haven't watched the RightWing Rumor Machine at wide open throttle. I can only assume there will be pictures of Blago, Radovan Karadzic and Obama doing Jello Shooters at the Black Cat bar in Belgrade.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #113 of 144 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 11:00 PM
Cruise Control

Vehicle: '87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1428 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Yes, the RWNJs use really really big crayons and can't quite figure out how to color between the lines
post #114 of 144 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 11:12 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 1972 Mercedes 250 (/8) W114/M130
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
You obviously haven't watched the RightWing Rumor Machine at wide open throttle. I can only assume there will be pictures of Blago, Radovan Karadzic and Obama doing Jello Shooters at the Black Cat bar in Belgrade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
Yes, the RWNJs use really really big crayons and can't quite figure out how to color between the lines
i can see that i guess. most folk don't seem to realise that blogo is of serb descent though. hmm.. funny stuff you two though.

in political asylum
post #115 of 144 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 11:58 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 596 Post(s)
Yeah, those guys were sure funny explaining the joke to you...

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #116 of 144 (permalink) Old 12-13-2008, 04:51 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Seen on Craigslist: The Online Market for Senate Seats

Ah, bribery in the age of the Internet. This sort of feels like a Shouts & Murmurs piece.

Found on the Washington classified ads site:

Slightly used Senate Seat - $500000 (WDC)
Reply to: sale-951993431@craigslist.org [?]
Date: 2008-12-09, 9:58PM EST

For Sale/Barter,

Slightly used United States Senate seat. Only one owner this term, though rarely present — like new. Illinois ties preferred.

Must be willing to barter 1/2 million in monetary compensation, and employment (either government or nonprofit, preferably the latter) for myself and my wife. I’d like to do this for more than recognition. Please don’t relegate me to the the “free” postings. This is too valuable for that.

Union friendly, would not like corporate work (like BofA).

Let’s make sure we do all negotiations by telephone.

Email for more info.

“Hot” Rod B.
Springfield, IL

And one from San Francisco:

Illinois Senate Seat for Sale - $500000 (financial district)
Reply to: sale-951448741@craigslist.org [?]
Date: 2008-12-09, 12:01PM PST

I’ve been having a hard time selling this in Illinois, so i thought I’d give the Bay Area a try. I’ve got a 2-year U.S. Senate seat open to the highest bidder. For those of you that I have done business with before, it’s going to take a whole lot more than a couple grand and some Hannah Montana tickets for my daughter to buy me off this time…

…Call me if you’re interested. And NO prank calls, please! Some guy called me at 6am, saying he was from “the FBI” to say that there’s two agents outside my door waiting to arrest me. The nerve of some people to prank call at 6am…

Speak Soon,

Rod

And from Chicago:

Senate Seat - $8888888 (Washington and Illinois)
Reply to: sale-952295560@craigslist.org [?]
Date: 2008-12-10, 7:46AM CST

Senate seat for sale. Due to unexpected circumstances the previous seller is unable to complete transaction.

If seat becomes unavailable then seller will trade an newspaper photo of Wrigley Field for a reduced price.

Only valid monopoly money will be accepted.

And here:

Barack Obama’s Senate Seat - $999999 (Chicago/DC)
Reply to: sale-952033590@craigslist.org [?]
Date: 2008-12-09, 9:38PM CST

Ever wanted to follow in the footsteps of the most powerful man in the country? Well now is your chance to sit in his seat! President-Elect Barack Obama no longer has any use for this historic piece of furniture, so he passed it along to me. With Christmas coming up, this Senate seat is the perfect gift for the aspiring politician who already has everything (except a seat in the senate). The seat itself is well worn, but still has many years of life in it. There’s no way to describe the feeling of looking out from this magnificent piece of furniture. You’ll just have to see for yourself.

I have no use for the seat as I am looking to purchase a newer model. I would consider trading it for a seat in a private foundation, or a seat in an elegant boardroom for my wife. She deserves it for putting up with me lol.

This is an amazing opportunity and I even considered keeping the seat for myself, but in the end it just isn’t the right one for me. If interested, address your email to Rod and put Senate Seat in the subject. SERIOUS OFFERS ONLY

NO DELIVERY. DC local pick-up only

And:

U S Senate seat - $9999999 (Washington D C)
Reply to: see below
Date: 2008-12-09, 1:32PM CST

For sale to the highest bidder: 1 United States Senate Seat, very lightly used for the last 4 years. Recently vacated by A President Elect. As Governor, I have the supreme right to appoint the successor & am willing to award the seat to the highest bidder. No Federal Investigators, please. Contact Rod B. at:
METROPOLITAN CORRECTIONAL CENTER
71 WEST VAN BUREN STREET
CHICAGO, IL 60605
312-322-0567

Seen on Craigslist: The Online Market for Senate Seats - Economix Blog - NYTimes.com
post #117 of 144 (permalink) Old 12-13-2008, 10:27 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
No taint seen on Prez-elect, but Rahm Emanuel gave a wishlist for Senate

President-elect Barack Obama's right-hand man reportedly gave the disgraced Blagojevich administration a list of four women Obama considered acceptable to fill his U.S. Senate seat.

Rahm Emanuel, the Illinois congressman who will serve as Obama's White House chief of staff, was heard discussing the issue on court-approved wiretaps with Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich's chief of staff, the Chicago Tribune said.

The candidates "acceptable" to Obama on the list Emanuel provided included a trio of female Democrats: longtime Obama adviser Valerie Jarrett, Illinois Veterans Affairs chief Tammy Duckworth and U.S. Rep. Jan Schakowsky of Chicago.

Emanuel later added a fourth Democratic woman, Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan, to the roster, the source told the Tribune.

Blagojevich and his former chief of staff, John Harris, face federal charges of trying to auction off Obama's Senate seat to the highest bidder. Harris has resigned.

"The revelation does not suggest Obama's new gatekeeper was involved in any talk of deal-making involving the seat," the Tribune said.

Representatives of Obama's transition team did not respond to requests for comment about Emanuel's involvement Saturday. Obama has said no one on his team engaged in any deal-making in regard to his Senate seat.

Among others who have been publicly sucked into the scandal are U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. of Illinois.

The longtime congressman and son of the well-known civil rights activist has denied that he authorized any intermediary to try to strike a crooked deal to get him Obama's seat.

A handful of protesters gathered outside Jackson's Chicago office Saturday.

Blagojevich has refused to answer specific media questions related to the scandal, in which federal authorities say he tried to parlay his power to choose Obama's successor into campaign cash and other perks for himself and his wife, Patti.

He says he has done nothing wrong.

A car belonging to the disgraced governor, who has given no sign that he is planning to quit despite escalating calls to do so, was seen outside the office of a well-known Chicago defense attorney Saturday.

The Illinois Legislature is moving to strip away Blagojevich's legal ability to choose a replacement for Obama, who resigned from the Senate after winning the presidency.

Other than his weekly video address, Obama spent much of the day out of the public eye Saturday, emerging only briefly for a workout at the gym.

post #118 of 144 (permalink) Old 12-13-2008, 11:05 PM
BenzWorld Elite

I believe Rahmy was a state Rep and power broker in his own right so he would have been prefectly within his purview to have the "we think..." conversation. As long as there is no Quid Pro Quo it is normal biz, and expected that folks will recommend who THEY think should be nominated.

It is when it moves past that fat gray line that there would be a problem.

So, wonder if AG Madigan, who has gone to the ILL state supremes to ask for Blago to be put down would be "rewarded" by the new Governor as he steps up? Gotta love power.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #119 of 144 (permalink) Old 12-14-2008, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elitist

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 420 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakarta Expat View Post
No taint seen on Prez-elect
Hard to believe that the denizens of this forum left that remark, uh, untouched...
post #120 of 144 (permalink) Old 12-14-2008, 06:53 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsden View Post
Hard to believe that the denizens of this forum left that remark, uh, untouched...
Well it was dark and they didn't really want to get that close.

McBear,
Kentucky

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in