post #91 of 144 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 06:36 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
You are such an idiot I hate to even reply to that crap, but to clarify: it seems possible/plausible that, at the very least, someone on Obama's staff (someone who talks to Obama on a regular/frequent basis) had knowledge of, perhaps even involvement in, Hot Rod's hopes and plans. Just one example, of dozens (and perhaps over 100), people close to Obama is Rahm Israel Emanuel, WH Chief of Staff to PE Obama. If memory serves, Emanuel is from Illinois and he took over Hot Rod's Congressional seat when Hot Rod became governor. Those two are very close personally and politically, and Obama has been involved closely w/ both. These guys all grew up politically together in that corrupt cesspool called Chicago. Frankly, it is hard to believe that there wasn't knowledge of, if not "involvement" in Hot Rod's dealings. There are probably dozens of others in Obama's inner circle that have similar connections, but I chose not to believe that any of them did anything wrong--at least for now.

FWIW, I want Obama to succeed! I'm on his (our) side, and wish this thing would just go away. But I'm not that stupid! You, on the other hand...
Your entire thesis is based on the concept that "Rod" needed help to fuck himself like this, and that the people in the inner circle of the man to occupy the most powerful seat of power in the world would somehow join him merely because they knew him, and dealt with him because they had to in the past.

I see no motive for anyone in the Obama inner circle, and certainly not for Obama, to have any dealings with someone they must all have come to know to be a dirt bag at this point in his career. A Governor selling a US Senate seat to the highest bidder is a desperate dude. If he was so close to the Obama inner circle I don't think he would be so desperate. In fact I think Obama and his inner circle may be be responsible for Rod's desperate conditions - they gave him nothing. Which, under the circumstances made Rod smaller and less important.

The media is merely a business. The more American's watch the kind of reporting your diction suggests you disapprove of (but you apparently don't miss a bit of) the longer we have to endure it. They are in it to make money, not to make heroes and tear them down or to achieve any other side effect of their pursuit of the almighty dollar. But if building and tearing down something or someone is profitable they have shown us they will do it for us.

I find your suggestion, and that of several others here, that the fact that a State Governor has had dealings with US Senators and Representatives from his State, both social and in the course of representing the people of the subject State, implicates them in his self destructive assholish behavior, to be ludicrous. There has to be a motive, and in this story I don't see the motive for Obama or his inner circle to be involved in Blowbag's self immolation. Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 144 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 06:43 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith View Post
Your entire thesis is based on the concept that "Rod" needed help to fuck himself like this, and that the people in the inner circle of the man to occupy the most powerful seat of power in the world would somehow join him merely because they knew him, and dealt with him because they had to in the past.

I see no motive for anyone in the Obama inner circle, and certainly not for Obama, to have any dealings with someone they must all have come to know to be a dirt bag at this point in his career. A Governor selling a US Senate seat to the highest bidder is a desperate dude. If he was so close to the Obama inner circle I don't think he would be so desperate. In fact I think Obama and his inner circle may be be responsible for Rod's desperate conditions - they gave him nothing. Which, under the circumstances made Rod smaller and less important.

The media is merely a business. The more American's watch the kind of reporting your diction suggests you disapprove of (but you apparently don't miss a bit of) the longer we have to endure it. They are in it to make money, not to make heroes and tear them down or to achieve any other side effect of their pursuit of the almighty dollar. But if building and tearing down something or someone is profitable they have shown us they will do it for us.

I find your suggestion, and that of several others here, that the fact that a State Governor has had dealings with US Senators and Representatives from his State, both social and in the course of representing the people of the subject State, implicates them in his self destructive assholish behavior, to be ludicrous. There has to be a motive, and in this story I don't see the motive for Obama or his inner circle to be involved in Blowbag's self immolation. Jim
"Your entire thesis is based on the concept that "Rod" needed help to fuck himself like this..." after reading that first bit of bull shit, I am not reading one more word! You obviously have no idea what you are talking about and I'm not waisting another minute on you. Get lost!

Don't believe everything you think
post #93 of 144 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 07:54 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quote:
"Your entire thesis is based on the concept that "Rod" needed help to fuck himself like this..." after reading that first bit of bull shit, I am not reading one more word! You obviously have no idea what you are talking about and I'm not waisting another minute on you. Get lost!
Waisting? Need a belting?

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #94 of 144 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 08:38 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
Waisting? Need a belting?
Cute...

post #95 of 144 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 08:44 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Well how about this little development...

CHICAGOLAND: RAHM REFUSES QUESTIONS

President-elect Barack Obama’s chief of staff, Rahm Emanuel, refused to take questions from reporters this morning about whether he was the Obama “advisor” named in the criminal complaint against Gov. Rod Blagojevich.

The complaint states Blagojevich wanted a promise of a high-level appointment or some other reward for Blagojevich in exchange for Blagojevich naming Obama’s friend Valerie Jarrett to replace him in the U.S. Senate.

Emanuel was uncharacteristically absent from Obama’s news conference this morning. He was spotted two hours later in the lobby of Chicago’s City Hall. He was there to listen to his two children performing in a concert with their school, Anshe Emet.

A Sun-Times reporter pressed him to comment about whether he was the emissary named in the criminal complaint.

“You’re wasting your time,” Emanuel said. “I’m not going to say a word to you. I’m going to do this with my children. Dont do that. I’m a father. I have two kids. I’m not going to do it.”

Asked, “Can’t you do both?” Emanuel replied, “I’m not as capable as you. I’m going to be a father. I’m allowed to be a father,” and he pushed the reporter’s digital recorder away.

Blagojevch was caught on tape saying that he wanted the Obama advisor in question to know what Blagojevich wanted in exchange for the Jarrett appointment.

Blagojevich said, “He asks me for the fifth CD thing, I want it to be in his head.” Emanuel represents the 5th Congressional District in Illinois.

No one in the Obama campaign or administration has been charged with any wrongdoing. Obama said this morning that none of his staff has had a hand in any dealmaking on his Senate replacement.

Rahm ducks reporters' questions on Blago :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: 44: Barack Obama

post #96 of 144 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 08:48 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Case Confirms Rezko Is Talking With Prosecutors

A footnote to the 76-page criminal complaint and affidavit charging Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich (D) with soliciting bribes confirms what has long been rumored -- that a former longtime friend and fundraiser for President-elect Barack Obama is talking to federal prosecutors in hopes of a reduced sentence.

Antoin "Tony" Rezko's offer to provide authorities with evidence of others' wrongdoing is "not complete," and prosecutors are working to corroborate the claims he has made so far, the footnote said.

Rezko, a 53-year-old developer, was convicted in June of 16 criminal counts, including fraud, money laundering and abetting bribery. He is in custody awaiting sentencing.

Prosecutors depicted Rezko at trial as a fixer for Blagojevich and the man to see to secure a high-level appointment with the governor's administration. Rezko had been a longtime fundraiser for Blagojevich and other Illinois politicians, including Obama.

Obama was not implicated in the months-long trial, and he has said that Rezko sought no favors from him. At a news conference on Tuesday, Patrick J. Fitzgerald, U.S. attorney for the Northern District of Illinois, went out of his way to dampen speculation about Obama...

Rezko Is Talking With Prosecutors, Blagojevich Complaint Confirms

post #97 of 144 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 08:50 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quote:

CHICAGOLAND: RAHM REFUSES QUESTIONS

President-elect Barack Obama’s chief of staff, Rahm Emanuel, refused to take questions from reporters this morning about whether he was the Obama “advisor” named in the criminal complaint against Gov. Rod Blagojevich.

The complaint states Blagojevich wanted a promise of a high-level appointment or some other reward for Blagojevich in exchange for Blagojevich naming Obama’s friend Valerie Jarrett to replace him in the U.S. Senate.

Emanuel was uncharacteristically absent from Obama’s news conference this morning. He was spotted two hours later in the lobby of Chicago’s City Hall. He was there to listen to his two children performing in a concert with their school, Anshe Emet.

A Sun-Times reporter pressed him to comment about whether he was the emissary named in the criminal complaint.

“You’re wasting your time,” Emanuel said. “I’m not going to say a word to you. I’m going to do this with my children. Dont do that. I’m a father. I have two kids. I’m not going to do it.”

Asked, “Can’t you do both?” Emanuel replied, “I’m not as capable as you. I’m going to be a father. I’m allowed to be a father,” and he pushed the reporter’s digital recorder away.

Blagojevch was caught on tape saying that he wanted the Obama advisor in question to know what Blagojevich wanted in exchange for the Jarrett appointment.

Blagojevich said, “He asks me for the fifth CD thing, I want it to be in his head.” Emanuel represents the 5th Congressional District in Illinois.

No one in the Obama campaign or administration has been charged with any wrongdoing. Obama said this morning that none of his staff has had a hand in any dealmaking on his Senate replacement.
If I was listening to my kids sing at a concert I would refuse to answer questions too. That's fair, no matter which side of the aisle it is.

Otherwise, we still don't have a story, just a who talked to whom. And the players and those who didn't play all will need to talk to the US Attorney over the next month or so until this completes.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #98 of 144 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 09:09 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
If I was listening to my kids sing at a concert I would refuse to answer questions too. That's fair, no matter which side of the aisle it is.

Otherwise, we still don't have a story, just a who talked to whom. And the players and those who didn't play all will need to talk to the US Attorney over the next month or so until this completes.
That's exactly what I've been saying. This thing will not be over soon...

post #99 of 144 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 10:40 AM
BenzWorld Elite

SILENCE OF THE RAHM

I have still heard nothing as of today... One would hope he or Obama would come out and say something on the record. After all, it seems reasonable to me that Obama and his people would have talked w/ the gov about "their" Senate seat. Why so tight-lipped? The longer they let this question linger, the more guilty they look...

Last edited by Jayhawk; 12-12-2008 at 10:45 AM.
post #100 of 144 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 10:54 AM
BenzWorld Elite

TV: Rahm Emanuel Reportedly Spoke with Blagojevich About Senate Seat...

Chicago -- The firestorm surrounding Governor Blagojevich is putting some heat on Barack Obama’s transition team. Fox Chicago News has learned about possible conversations between a top Obama aide and the governor regarding the open senate seat. Craig Wall has the exclusive.

MyFox Chicago | Rahm Emanuel Reportedly Spoke with Blagojevich About Senate Seat

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in