post #61 of 78 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 11:41 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digmenow View Post
My neocon suit is urging me to ask questions.

Man, this suit is fun. Where can I get a neocon hat to match?
Do we need to send coupons for aluminum foil to line your basement?

Fitzgerald, the guy who seems to be the Elliot Ness of the 21st Century has a pretty good record of going after both right and left, Libby and Daley, Ryan and Hot Rod.

My friend who is the now retired US District Court Judge once told me that they pull the plug whenever they have sufficient evidence and believe they have the big players. [my question regarded the investigation of New Jersey waste disposal companies bringing toxic waste into Kentucky for dumping and why they did not keep going til they got to the assumed top]

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 78 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 12:03 PM
Will Moderate For Cigars

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4MATIC, 2010 F150 Crew Cab
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsden View Post
“I had no contact with the governor or his office, and so we were not — I was not aware of what was happening,” Mr. Obama said. “And as I said, it’s a sad day for Illinois. Beyond that, I don’t think it’s appropriate to comment.”
Look how Barack corrects himself in midsentence

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/10/us...0Illinois.html
The first indication of a fucking liar. If this was Bushie, we'd have the BWOT leftkooker calling for his head.

2005 S430 4Matic 'Morton' W220.183 722.671 Rest in Peace

Bells and whistles are thorns and thistles.
post #63 of 78 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 12:33 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digmenow View Post
There were two corrections. There's one missing from your quote.

Why would he say "what"? Unless of course he was going to say "whatsoever" and tried to pull it back in because it was too all encompassing.
WHATSOEVER would be incorrect on several levels. As Illinois Senator he handed his resignation letter to Rod and he would, as part of the Election night party have had contact with him.

It would be impossible for the Governor of a large state with a high profile Senator >> Presidential Candidate >> President Elect NOT to have some contact.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #64 of 78 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 12:40 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 597 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove View Post
The idea that Obama was involved in the selling of his Senate seat is ridiculous. This hairsplitting on when Obama might have spoken to the Governor of a state he represented in Congress is also ridiculous. Keep trying.

It's really sad to see the right wing going back to the same "gotcha" tactics used against Clinton. What's next? Thirty year old cattle future deals? Phony "land scandals"? Cum stains? Blow jobs?
I agree. I don't see how any of this connects to Obama in any way.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #65 of 78 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 12:43 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitch View Post
The first indication of a fucking liar. If this was Bushie, we'd have the BWOT leftkooker calling for his head.
We only called for bushie's head when we had proof he was doing stupid stuff. Not when he was linked simply by party and state to a corrupt governor.

The think you guys don't seem to like to acknowledge about bushie is that we did not have to invent links to rail against him. He actually DID all the stuff we railed against. No birth certificate confusion, no Muslim ties to extrapolate, no racist loops to make up, just plain stupidity in office.

But please, keep the focus off the smoldering economy and Trillion Dollar burn that Paulson is doing in direct conflict to the mandate he was given by Congress and the people. Make sure to keep the churn on vapor.

McBear,
Kentucky

post #66 of 78 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 02:00 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
George Bush had my respect until he ordered the Shock and Awe Pearl Harbor-style act of mass murder on the innocent people of Iraq, where innocent children in their playgrounds were attacked with cruise missles for what most of the world, with the exception of rightwing yellow ribbon waving shitheads like cmitch, knew was a trumped-up fucking lie. To compare this incident to Bush acts of Nazism is again, ridiculous. Bush, a despicable, wretched human being, like all mass murderering right wing megalomaniacs, deserves to be despised. Cmitch can lick the sweat off his balls all he likes, if anyone is knee-jerk in there reaction to situations like these, it is the Ridiculous Right - I would give any president the benefit of the doubt in a situation like this, with the exception of Bush, an evil man.

Obama raised over a billion dollars in campaign cash, much of it still in the bank, and he has a personal fortune in the hundreds of millions from his global books sales. The idea he would be involved in something as crass as this is just some Limbaugh wet dream.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address

Last edited by FeelTheLove; 12-10-2008 at 02:05 PM.
post #67 of 78 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 02:36 PM
Will Moderate For Cigars

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
We only called for bushie's head when we had proof he was doing stupid stuff. Not when he was linked simply by party and state to a corrupt governor.

The think you guys don't seem to like to acknowledge about bushie is that we did not have to invent links to rail against him. He actually DID all the stuff we railed against. No birth certificate confusion, no Muslim ties to extrapolate, no racist loops to make up, just plain stupidity in office.

But please, keep the focus off the smoldering economy and Trillion Dollar burn that Paulson is doing in direct conflict to the mandate he was given by Congress and the people. Make sure to keep the churn on vapor.
You and the Dillweed in Chief, K fucking FTL Vining seem to think I carry water for Bush. I do not. He has plenty to answer for. But, if you must circle the wagons around your president select, be very careful. He is now the flavor of the media and you are delusional if you don't think they'll turn on Obama like a rabid dog.

post #68 of 78 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 02:40 PM
Will Moderate For Cigars

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove View Post
George Bush had my respect until he ordered the Shock and Awe Pearl Harbor-style act of mass murder on the innocent people of Iraq, where innocent children in their playgrounds were attacked with cruise missles for what most of the world, with the exception of rightwing yellow ribbon waving shitheads like cmitch, knew was a trumped-up fucking lie. To compare this incident to Bush acts of Nazism is again, ridiculous. Bush, a despicable, wretched human being, like all mass murderering right wing megalomaniacs, deserves to be despised. Cmitch can lick the sweat off his balls all he likes, if anyone is knee-jerk in there reaction to situations like these, it is the Ridiculous Right - I would give any president the benefit of the doubt in a situation like this, with the exception of Bush, an evil man.

Obama raised over a billion dollars in campaign cash, much of it still in the bank, and he has a personal fortune in the hundreds of millions from his global books sales. The idea he would be involved in something as crass as this is just some Limbaugh wet dream.
The only ball licking I see going on around here is you tongueing Obama's nuts at a fevered pace. Let's see how well you can handle any corruption charges, when the tables are turned against your candidate. So, go lick your wounds, bitch. I can bet that they'll no sooner be healed and they'll get ripped open again by another media revelation.

post #69 of 78 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 02:43 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
yaaawwwwwwwwnn........

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #70 of 78 (permalink) Old 12-10-2008, 05:07 PM
Forum Administrator RC Colas & Moon Pies

Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle: 1981 380SL 151K: 2001 E320 4Matic Estate 147K: 2008 E350 Sport 4Matic 120K: 2005 S500 116K
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1278 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
Do we need to send coupons for aluminum foil to line your basement?
Will you send a liberal amount?

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in