TAKE ACTION: Stop The H8, A Day Without a Gay Wednesday 12-10, Join The Impact!!
by Tommy News
On December 10th, we are supporting Day Without a Gay.
We are calling for a nationwide strike and economic boycott by all members of our Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgendered community AND OUR STRAIGHT ALLIES on December 10th, 2008, International Human Rights Day.
WHAT SHOULD WE DO?
STRIKE: call in gay, shut down your business, or just take the day off.
BOYCOTT: don't buy anything, spend money or support the economy.
PARTICIPATE: Volunteer and/or organize a protest in your area.
Our community contributes $700 billion a year to this economy (the same amount as the bailout), yet we are not given equal protections under the law that every citizen deserves. As such, it is time we make a stand. During the largest shopping season of the year, we ask that you do one very important thing: Don't Buy Anything! What would happen to this world if the LGBTQ community didn't exist? Why is it that we continue to contribute to an economy and government that does not contribute to us? Let's answer these questions on December 10th.
TEN TIPS ABOUT WHAT TO DO ON DECEMBER 10:
1. Wake up for work on Wednesday December 10th... and call in GAY.
2. Go to the bank and take $80 out of your account... put it in your pocket and KEEP IT THERE.
3. Do not go get your morning latte
4. Do not purchase anything
5. Do not contribute to advertising revenue: Meaning, spend 24 hours of your life without TV & Internet
6. Do not use your cell phone, even if you have unlimited minutes
7. Instead, DO volunteer. Give to the community and reach out to those that don't understand our community. Check your state page for local volunteer opportunities.
8. If you must spend, only do so at an LGBTQ owned establishment with an LGBTQ clientel
9. You have weeks to prepare, so go grocery shopping now.
10. VOLUNTEER. We are fighting for human rights, so let's take a day to fight for the rights of those in need. Check your state page for local volunteer opportunities.
If you need more info, the rest of the article is here