China now lectures the U.S. - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 09:17 AM
~BANNED~
 
Jakarta Expat's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Posts: 17,697
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
You know that they call in their chips don't you?

They did or they eventually will............
Jakarta Expat is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 07:05 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Naomilla2.0's Avatar
 
Date registered: Nov 2003
Vehicle: 1988 560SEL sold:
Location: Level 42
Posts: 4,717
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
...
Attached Images
 

.
.
.
.

馬鹿は死ななきゃ治らない。

.
Naomilla2.0 is offline  
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 07:07 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Naomilla2.0's Avatar
 
Date registered: Nov 2003
Vehicle: 1988 560SEL sold:
Location: Level 42
Posts: 4,717
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
China needs to STFU and mind its own business. As we all know China is ripe with discontent.
a civilization with over 4000 years of history and know-how should be entitled to bitch-slap an arrogant 200-something year old country run by overgrown frat boys.

.
.
.
.

馬鹿は死ななきゃ治らない。

.
Naomilla2.0 is offline  
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 08:04 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member
 
torontomichael's Avatar
 
Date registered: Oct 2007
Vehicle: 2008 e 350 4matic wagon
Location: Toronto area
Posts: 476
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Financial Destiny...

When foreigners ( Japan & China) own/hold most of a nations bonds (USA) that nation no longer controls its financial destiny as it once did.Bonds are an OBLIGATION.To reply with "screw them" infers the USA should default on its' bond obligations.Think you've got it rough now??? You do not want to see the fallout from a bond default. Like it or not,USA is obligated in a very major way to China & Japan,so it is...legitimately...their right to express issues which affect the bond market (on which,I might add,they have TRUSTED the USA to make good on it's commitments).Google up some stats to see the value of US-issued bonds owned by China & Japan.Pretty shocking.Just as the Consumer has leveraged debt on income they don't have,so has the US Government issued bonds with money they don't have.I'd be concerned if I was on the receiving end like China/Japan too.
torontomichael is offline  
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 08:21 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
mcbear's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Location: The BlueGrass State
Posts: 29,579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I think that it is very possible that W's Legacy is going to be that his policies were the trigger that caused the financial power shift from the US to China, Russia and Europe.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
mcbear is offline  
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 08:34 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elitist
 
Marsden's Avatar
 
Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz
Location: United States
Posts: 11,333
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 420 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
Puhleeze, don't try to get all "I'm everywhere and nowhere" on me. We all live in a definable time and space continuum. Pffft, really...amateur
oops, I forgot that you're all moddy now, and you've pinned my IP down to a 300-yard radius of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave
Marsden is offline  
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 09:28 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,543
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
I think that it is very possible that W's Legacy is going to be that his policies were the trigger that caused the financial power shift from the US to China, Russia and Europe.
Bear, you are kidding, right?

"Legacy" and "W" don't belong in the same sentence.
maine_coon is offline  
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 09:44 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1999 ML320
Location: Ratville
Posts: 24,029
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by torontomichael View Post
When foreigners ( Japan & China) own/hold most of a nations bonds (USA) that nation no longer controls its financial destiny as it once did.Bonds are an OBLIGATION.To reply with "screw them" infers the USA should default on its' bond obligations.Think you've got it rough now??? You do not want to see the fallout from a bond default. Like it or not,USA is obligated in a very major way to China & Japan,so it is...legitimately...their right to express issues which affect the bond market (on which,I might add,they have TRUSTED the USA to make good on it's commitments).Google up some stats to see the value of US-issued bonds owned by China & Japan.Pretty shocking.Just as the Consumer has leveraged debt on income they don't have,so has the US Government issued bonds with money they don't have.I'd be concerned if I was on the receiving end like China/Japan too.
naive
mlfun is offline  
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 09:54 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
mcbear's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Location: The BlueGrass State
Posts: 29,579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maine_coon View Post
Bear, you are kidding, right?

"Legacy" and "W" don't belong in the same sentence.
I never assume that Legacy means "good". Hitler has a legacy. John Wilkes Booth has a legacy. Capt John Smith has a legacy.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
mcbear is offline  
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-08-2008, 09:56 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
mcbear's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Location: The BlueGrass State
Posts: 29,579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlfun View Post
naive
I think the problem is we have to keep borrowing and issuing new bonds. To do that we have to have buyers. Can't very well piss off the folks with money by stiffing them on the current IOUs.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
mcbear is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome