One Last Palin Thread - and it's Lace! - Page 4 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 89 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 07:15 AM
Forum Administrator RC Colas® & Moon Pies®

Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle: 1981 380SL 151K: 2001 E320 4Matic Estate 147K: 2008 E350 Sport 4Matic 120K: 2005 S500 116K
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1276 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith View Post
No, Dig. Michele Obama is not in an equivalent position to Sarah Palin in the campaign. She was in a more equivalent position to McCain's wife, who wore fucking jewelry and clothes that cost an order of magnitude more than Michele Obama's jewelry and clothes. So what? Are any Democrats bellyaching about that?
Jim? You write far too intelligently to ask such a naive question. (I can never seem to grasp the concept of a 'non-sequitur'... is your question one?) The election is over. John McCain is out and by extension, so is his essentially non-political spouse. No one even CARES about Cindy McCain.

Anymore.

But Google "Cindy McCain Clothes" and 3 of the top 5 hits STILL refer to the cost of her clothing DURING the election when there was plenty of bellyaching. Allow me.

Cindy McCain's party clothes: Candidate's wife sported costly designer duds at RNC
Cindy McCain's $300,000 Outfit: Politics and Power: vanityfair.com
Cindy McCain and Michelle Obama - Cindy McCain in Casual Clothing
Michelle Obama Vs. Cindy McCain: A Study In Styles
Cindy McCain's Monday Night Outfit Cost $300,000

The other two hint about Michelle Obama's "casual style" vs Cindy McCain's attempt to dress down. Will you concede your point above?

Quote:
Palin and the GOP made a self inflicted wound that, when the press rubs salt in it, makes the press money. That is America, dude. The dollar and the free market and pursuit of more dollars at the expense of being human. Don't criticize or you are going to get an unsolicited invitation to move to some place where they don't have dollars.
No argument here. I already live in such a place. I call it my house, frequently involving my in-laws.

Quote:
Sarah Palin was the candidate, Sarah Palin. The GOP decided her wolf skins and moose skins were not suited to their image for her, not her. They picked her and decided to give her a makeover. Victoria's Secret stuff must send the GOP "base" into a brain dead rapture that the GOP campaign chiefs thought was necessary. Let them take the heat for this shit and I think the controversy is over. But as long as it sells air time and printed tabloid rags, it will remain in the news. Because it is profitable. And that, Dig, has nothing to do with Michele Obama.

Jim
As Chevy Chase famously said on Weekend Update, "Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead!", the joke being that, a long running "news" event, Franco's long illness, finally resulted in his death and the press just couldn't leave it alone once it finally ended. My complaint, once again, was the splashy tease about whether or not Palin had failed to donate the clothing as she had promised (Gasp! STAY TUNED...more after these commercial messages!) and then the story showed her wearing a jacket during the election and then again after where the 'reporter' wryly announces the 'news' that amounts to, "Ha, ha! Sarah is actually wearing her own clothes! Fooled ya!"

See, Jim...the reporters, not me, made the Obama/Palin comparison when they ignored the price of Obama's demonstrated wardrobe and moments later, breathlessly announced that Palin didn't do anything wrong today involving costly clothing. The PLACEMENT of the stories and their PROXIMITY to each other linked them together in the viewers' minds.

I'm fairly certain that there's a regular poster here who discusses the tactics of the news media based on his occupational contact with the business several years back. Perhaps he can review my reply and comment on whether the media would purposely do something like this or not. Stupid coincidence? Are there really any coincidences?

I respectfully ask that in the event that Marsden reads this post that he review (reviews?) it for grammar, spelling and punctuation errors. I can't help my views but I don't wish to further anger him with my poor command of the rules of writing the English language.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 89 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 07:15 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
My point wasn't so much to boost NPR, but rather to suggest that it's folly to decry the level of silliness from those who primarily peddle in silliness.

As for Palin!, I can't wait for 2012 and her Ditsy Redux Tour--speaking of unsubstantial silliness

Be careful what you wish for Z, she has 4 to 8 yrs to polish that dullness.........
post #33 of 89 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 07:19 AM

Vehicle: 1981 380SL 151K: 2001 E320 4Matic Estate 147K: 2008 E350 Sport 4Matic 120K: 2005 S500 116K
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 420 SE View Post
I want to see the possibly factually incorrect paragraph on youtube....
I believe it will soon be available on YouQube.

post #34 of 89 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 07:58 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digmenow View Post
Jim? You write far too intelligently to ask such a naive question. (I can never seem to grasp the concept of a 'non-sequitur'... is your question one?) The election is over. John McCain is out and by extension, so is his essentially non-political spouse. No one even CARES about Cindy McCain.

Anymore.

But Google "Cindy McCain Clothes" and 3 of the top 5 hits STILL refer to the cost of her clothing DURING the election when there was plenty of bellyaching. Allow me.

Cindy McCain's party clothes: Candidate's wife sported costly designer duds at RNC
Cindy McCain's $300,000 Outfit: Politics and Power: vanityfair.com
Cindy McCain and Michelle Obama - Cindy McCain in Casual Clothing
Michelle Obama Vs. Cindy McCain: A Study In Styles
Cindy McCain's Monday Night Outfit Cost $300,000

The other two hint about Michelle Obama's "casual style" vs Cindy McCain's attempt to dress down. Will you concede your point above?
No. The point is such fodder from the media is set out to bait people into watching their programs. I have not seen this and likely would have channel surfed to something more tuned to the BWOT Ass picture posting thread.

My point is the election is over. So is the interest in Cindy McCain's wardrobe. So should the interest in Palin's. The interest stems from the lack of balls in the GOP to stand up and have the reelection committee or whatever they called themselves take ownership of this bullshit story. That would have been the end. But they, along with much of McCain's staff, distanced themselves from Palin at the end of the campaign and now have left this "Scarlett Letter" stamped on her forehead. Shame on them those queerbaiting eunuchs.

And, as I read the thread, you brought up the network's silliness about Michele Obama. No rationale offered, other than your tone, which suggests you would like to deflect some of the attention on the subject of women's clothing away from Palin to Michele Obama, for some reason. Any reason is bullshit, and Michele Obama has done nothing to earn the untoward attention. She was not a candidate. She was "equivalent" to McCain's wife, whose attire garnered attention for a week or two. It was a no story because there were no eunuchs revealed or tawdry tales of how she acquired the garb. And it died.

Sarah Palin's wardrobe is only getting any traction because it is still a glaring example of gutlessness by the Republican National Committee and the McCain reelection campaign. To be feeding more shit about this to the press in dribs and drabs is merely keeping it alive.

There is no story of value about Michele Obama's wardrobe. Even if it cost twice Sarah Palin's wardrobe, as Michele Obama and her husband paid for it. This is still America, and you can spend your mightly dollars on whatever you want. Well, mostly. No good drugs, and in most places, no ass. Ask Elliott Spitzer.

Quote:
As Chevy Chase famously said on Weekend Update, "Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead!", the joke being that, a long running "news" event, Franco's long illness, finally resulted in his death and the press just couldn't leave it alone once it finally ended. My complaint, once again, was the splashy tease about whether or not Palin had failed to donate the clothing as she had promised (Gasp! STAY TUNED...more after these commercial messages!) and then the story showed her wearing a jacket during the election and then again after where the 'reporter' wryly announces the 'news' that amounts to, "Ha, ha! Sarah is actually wearing her own clothes! Fooled ya!"

See, Jim...the reporters, not me, made the Obama/Palin comparison when they ignored the price of Obama's demonstrated wardrobe and moments later, breathlessly announced that Palin didn't do anything wrong today involving costly clothing. The PLACEMENT of the stories and their PROXIMITY to each other linked them together in the viewers' minds.
Ahhh, but you rallied to Palin's "defense" by bringing this diversionary subject up, in true, died in the wool, GOP blind supporter fashion. If you want the story to die, get your party to stand up and take the hit for picking the woman who made Tina Fey's life the wonder it is for her today, and then using her, and finally, hanging her up wet. Only the GOP can make this go away by stepping up and admitting they unjustly let her fry over the issue. Or they can just continue to let out little details, like how much was spent at Victoria's Secret and on what? I think when they reveal her selection of lingerie it will be headlines again. I don't care to hear about it but Sarah Palin's selection of crotchless panties will be a hit in the tabloids at news stands and on the nightly tv shows.

The GOP can stop it. The "news media" won't.

Quote:
I'm fairly certain that there's a regular poster here who discusses the tactics of the news media based on his occupational contact with the business several years back. Perhaps he can review my reply and comment on whether the media would purposely do something like this or not. Stupid coincidence? Are there really any coincidences?

I respectfully ask that in the event that Marsden reads this post that he review (reviews?) it for grammar, spelling and punctuation errors. I can't help my views but I don't wish to further anger him with my poor command of the rules of writing the English language.
Fuck the grammar. And, how is it that engaging in questionable or even unethical behavior to make a buck is somehow objectionable today? Are we burning the flag too? I must have missed the invitation to shit on America. Well, I don't need one. I find the pursuit of the dollar above all else, including common decency and honor and truth and, well, the list is nearly endless and includes sending your kids to war for oil but objecting to paying taxes today to cover the expenses because you can push it off on the kids of your kid's kids. The whole nation is full of disgusting character flaws and the "news media" is not at the forefront as I see it.

Jim
post #35 of 89 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 08:04 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
I believe it will soon be available on YouQube.
Great. Another pointless story told to manipulate the populace that you will now trumpet its arrival at an internet access point for all to wallow in - must make someone proud to get a story they claim is full of bullshit so much attention. Jim
post #36 of 89 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 08:04 AM
~BANNED~

Back to the original point of this thread, does anyone have any pics of the Victoria Secrets lace that Palin just had to have to look good for her followers...........
post #37 of 89 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 08:10 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakarta Expat View Post
Back to the original point of this thread, does anyone have any pics of the Victoria Secrets lace that Palin just had to have to look good for her followers...........
I am sure some Fox News reportress will be modeling it and the clip will be on You-Tube in a week or so. I would advise letting that death grip on your carrot go until Dig or someone from the GOP lets you know it is there since no blood for a day or so will be as bad as a hard on for over 4 hours. Permanent damage danger. Find something more available on the internet to rub the dead skin off your dick to in order to alleviate the immediate urgency you have, caused apparently by thinking about Palin's underwear. I am sure you can eat something to get it to work when the video shows up. Jim
post #38 of 89 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 08:16 AM

Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
Quote:
No. ...

Jim
Swear to me that it is not another attempt to influence public opinion. SWEAR IT!

I'll believe you. I promise.

post #39 of 89 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 08:20 AM
~BANNED~

Quote:
I am sure some Fox News reportress will be modeling it and the clip will be on You-Tube in a week or so. I would advise letting that death grip on your carrot go until Dig or someone from the GOP lets you know it is there since no blood for a day or so will be as bad as a hard on for over 4 hours. Permanent damage danger. Find something more available on the internet to rub the dead skin off your dick to in order to alleviate the immediate urgency you have, caused apparently by thinking about Palin's underwear. I am sure you can eat something to get it to work when the video shows up. Jim

Quite flippant Jim, especially for someone who spends so much time longing and lusting on the ass thread and still only sports a limp noodle.......

My 30 yr old wife gets all my attention.........
post #40 of 89 (permalink) Old 12-06-2008, 08:27 AM

Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakarta Expat View Post
Quite flippant Jim, especially for someone who spends so much time longing and lusting on the ass thread and still only sports a limp noodle.......

My 30 yr old wife gets all my attention.........
The message being...don't FUCK with the Virginians...

...who have since moved out of state...

...pretty far away in some cases.

Hell NO!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in