LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 10:51 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
No dem. supermajority, thanks to Gov. Palin!

Chambliss: Palin 'allowed us to peak'

Fresh off his runoff victory Tuesday night, Georgia Republican Sen. Saxby Chambliss credited Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin with firing up his base.

“I can't overstate the impact she had down here,” Chambliss said during an interview Wednesday morning on Fox News.

“When she walks in a room, folks just explode,” he added. “And they really did pack the house everywhere we went. She's a dynamic lady, a great administrator, and I think she's got a great future in the Republican Party.”

Chambliss said that after watching her campaign on his behalf at several events Monday, he does not see her star status diminishing within the party.

The Republican also thanked John McCain and the other big name Republicans that came to Georgia, but said Palin made the biggest impact.

“We had John McCain and Mike Huckabee and Gov. Romney and Rudy Giuliani, but Sarah Palin came in on the last day, did a fly-around and, man, she was dynamite,” he said. “We packed the houses everywhere we went. And it really did allow us to peak and get our base fired up.”

But as Chambliss heaped praise on Palin and other big-ticket Republicans that came to Georgia on his behalf, he questioned why President-elect Barack Obama would not use his star power to aid his Democratic opponent Jim Martin.

“I have no idea why he didn't come down,” Chambliss said.

“His people were here. His organization was here,” he added. “They really did a good job in the general election of turning out people. And whatever their game plan was this time, if he had been here, I have no idea whether it would have worked better.”

Chambliss: Palin 'allowed us to peak' - Andy Barr - Politico.com

Don't believe everything you think
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 11:07 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: 1967 Irish/ Pole
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Reminiscent of Washington's performance at the Battle of the Great Meadows.

-Marty

"...pour out of one vessel into another; and as those old Romans robbed all the cities in the world, we skim the cream of other men's wits, pick the choice flowers of their tilled gardens to set our own sterile plots."
-a Richard Burton
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 11:08 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1972 Mercedes 250 (/8) W114/M130
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
whatever... that dude was leading already before she ever got her fat ass in the middle of it.

in political asylum
post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 11:19 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: 03 Corvette Z06;08 GMC Acadia;84 230CE MANUAL Euro;12 Acura TL Tech Pkg; 02 Lexus LS430 Ultra Luxury
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
I really can't still believe that Palin still has her eye on the white house
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 11:24 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2002
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cancer_Researcher View Post
I really can't still believe that Palin still has her eye on the white house
I think this is the only white house she will get.
Attached Images

'95 R129
'04 G35.5 BS
'10 X204
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 11:33 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 03 Corvette Z06;08 GMC Acadia;84 230CE MANUAL Euro;12 Acura TL Tech Pkg; 02 Lexus LS430 Ultra Luxury
She did the country a huge dis-service IF she helped that republican fuck tard. I guess she will try to now take credit for this and "list" it as one of her "accomplishments"
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 11:55 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: 1967 Irish/ Pole
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cancer_Researcher View Post
She did the country a huge dis-service IF she helped that republican fuck tard. ...
Why's that?

-Marty

"...pour out of one vessel into another; and as those old Romans robbed all the cities in the world, we skim the cream of other men's wits, pick the choice flowers of their tilled gardens to set our own sterile plots."
-a Richard Burton
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 11:59 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I don't think Jayhawk understands what is really going on. Republicans outside of White Man Land are finding themselves in districts that are turning left. In order to keep their Senate seats, they will be glad to give the Democrat's a helping hand. Olympia Snow of Maine, Judd Gregg in New Blue Hampshire, Florida and Carolina GOP fucktards, and of course Old Reliable RINO, John McCain, will all be lining up to supply those extra votes. If they don't, there are 19 open GOP Senate seats in just two years, and then, they will be toast.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 12:08 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by A264172 View Post
Why's that?
Because I don't think that the republicans should have any power or any say so for the next 4 years. I consider them to be the enemies of the United States. They and Bush have hurt this country much more than any terrorist group has or could ever hope for.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-03-2008, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove View Post
I don't think Jayhawk understands what is really going on. Republicans outside of White Man Land are finding themselves in districts that are turning left. In order to keep their Senate seats, they will be glad to give the Democrat's a helping hand. Olympia Snow of Maine, Judd Gregg in New Blue Hampshire, Florida and Carolina GOP fucktards, and of course Old Reliable RINO, John McCain, will all be lining up to supply those extra votes. If they don't, there are 19 open GOP Senate seats in just two years, and then, they will be toast.
It looks to me and most normal people like it is Obama who is helping the Republicans. He has adopted their position on most key issues and is even hiring Republicans and conservative dem's to sever in his administration. Talk about "not understanding what is really going on..." You are it!

Don't believe everything you think
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in