post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 04:45 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Veteran

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle: BRABUS G36 & G320 LWB
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Arrow Rest in Peace Walmart worker

The family of the Wal-Mart worker who died after being trampled by Black Friday shoppers has hired a lawyer, setting the stage for a possible lawsuit.

Angry relatives of Jdimytai Damour were waiting for autopsy results Saturday as police reviewed security tapes to identify shoppers who took part in the stampede.

Wal-Mart has defended the precautions it took on the busiest shopping day of the year, but Long Island cops said the retailer didn't have enough security on hand.

Danielle Damour, the victim's sister, said the family was seeking legal advice and had not made funeral plans for her brother, a temporary maintenance worker.

"We've got a lawyer already," Danielle Damour, 41, said. "They haven't released the body because they want to do the autopsy."

Doctors told the family that the 34-year-old Queens man suffered a heart attack.

That happened after he was knocked to the floor at the Valley Stream outlet as bargain-crazed shoppers rushed the door before the 5 a.m. opening.

Nassau County Police said it's too early to say if anyone would face criminal charges. "That decision would be made by the DA's office," a police spokesman said. "The investigation is ongoing."

Damour's father, Ogera Charles, 66, said he doubted cops could pinpoint a culprit.

"How are you going to find those people?" he said. "There were too many people for the camera to do anything.

"They should have more security outside to control the crowd," he said. "Let the Lord judge. I lost my son already."

Damour was part of a human chain of employees manning the entrance of the store while some 2,000 impatient shoppers waited outside.

The crowd trampled the Freeport High School graduate - then went on to scour the shelves for sales, even after being told a man had died.

Four shoppers, including a woman who is eight months pregnant, were also injured in the frenzy.

The store opened yesterday morning with beefed-up security and calmer, somber crowds.

About 100 people waited patiently in line before being let inside at 7 a.m., and there was none of the previous day's chaos.

"The line was sad," said Elaine Ryans, 38, from Elmont, L.I. "It was like, 'Are we going to a funeral or are we going shopping?'"

The only vestiges of Friday's mayhem were taped-up glass on a door and emotional scars.

"I was scared," a Wal-Mart worker said shortly after the store opened.
Attached Images

Quote:
"That currently peace can only be accomplished with an honest broker not with Terroristic attacks. For our nation young people need to become more involved in our governmental process because they need direction in their life and the U.S. Army is the place to grow. The military is a great extended family that will only benefit our future."
Marco Benz Descendant of First Gas Automobile Inventor Karl Benz

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2005/12/prweb321042.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 04:50 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 990 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
He got in the way of fabulous sales; the customer is always right!
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 04:54 PM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
I wonder if he was working there long enough for Wal-Mart to take out a life insurance policy in his name. If so, they made money off the deal. I have heard on more than one occasion that it's standard practice for Wal-Mart to take out $100k policies on employees, since most of them are as old as they are.
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 04:56 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2003
Vehicle: 1988 560SEL sold:
Each one of those who trampled over the deceased worker on their way to claim their spoils or those who were at the scene but continued to shop rather than to stop and help -- they know who they are -- will have shameful Holiday season awaiting for them.

馬鹿は死ななきゃ治らない。

post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 04:56 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Oct 2008
Vehicle: 98c230 & 98c43
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
He got in the way of fabulous sales; the customer is always right!
ROFL
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Veteran

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle: BRABUS G36 & G320 LWB
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR View Post
I wonder if he was working there long enough for Wal-Mart to take out a life insurance policy in his name. If so, they made money off the deal. I have heard on more than one occasion that it's standard practice for Wal-Mart to take out $100k policies on employees, since most of them are as old as they are.
QBNCGAR,

The gentleman Jdimytai Damour was only 34 years old.

I pray for his family in their time of loss during this holiday season.

Respectfully,

James Van Thach

Quote:
"That currently peace can only be accomplished with an honest broker not with Terroristic attacks. For our nation young people need to become more involved in our governmental process because they need direction in their life and the U.S. Army is the place to grow. The military is a great extended family that will only benefit our future."
Marco Benz Descendant of First Gas Automobile Inventor Karl Benz

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2005/12/prweb321042.htm
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 04:59 PM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
So I read. It's an absolutely senseless tragedy. Did those people REALLY need to buy whatever it was that badly? Tough to imagine.

Anyway, my point was that Wal-Mart reputedly profits on the death of their employees, which is a morbid and disgusting way to approach the relationship a company has with it's workers...my two cents.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 05:19 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: 03 Corvette Z06;08 GMC Acadia;84 230CE MANUAL Euro;12 Acura TL Tech Pkg; 02 Lexus LS430 Ultra Luxury
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
WAL-MART OF ALL PLACES!!!!!!! Not one stopped to help? I guess saving a fw dollars is more precious than saving a human life. what has this world come to?
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 06:48 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jan 2008
Vehicle: 2000 e320 4matic Sedan
its a damn shame that our world is corporate obsessed and materialistic.....o well, atleast we know that his family is going to recieve a nice sum of money from walmart
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 07:11 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2007
Vehicle: 300SD
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cancer_Researcher View Post
WAL-MART OF ALL PLACES!!!!!!! Not one stopped to help? I guess saving a fw dollars is more precious than saving a human life. what has this world come to?
It's even worse than that. According to the article I read, when the store management made an announcement that an employee had died by being trampled by the crowd, some shoppers became indignant and refused to leave, claiming that they had been waiting in line in front of the closed store for more than 24 hours.

The crowd broke the front door frame when the poor guy opened it for them, and pushed the door in so hard that he fell, and then they apparently trampled him to death by stepping on him as he lay on the floor.

The only bargain I would give these assholes is five years in jail. Every $%^&# one of them.

Last edited by p100; 11-30-2008 at 07:47 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in