Another Shepard murdered, this time no outcry. - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 126 (permalink) Old 11-29-2008, 07:37 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
mcbear's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Location: The BlueGrass State
Posts: 29,579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLK Operator View Post
Homosexuality is a crime against nature in every way possible.
I believe you are thinking about Animal Husbandry. Completely different thing.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
mcbear is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 126 (permalink) Old 11-29-2008, 07:45 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Jul 2007
Vehicle: 1973 450 SL
Location: Castle Rock, CO
Posts: 5,453
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
I believe you are thinking about Animal Husbandry. Completely different thing.
Um, is that what they call beastiality in Kentucky? Excuse me, I think I hear banjos playing....

Charter member of the Vast Rightwing Conspiracy and proud of it.

God Bless the America we're trying to create.
--Hillary Rodham Clinton
bottomline1 is offline  
post #13 of 126 (permalink) Old 11-29-2008, 07:53 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
mcbear's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Location: The BlueGrass State
Posts: 29,579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitch View Post
And I don't either. Please explain to me why one murder is more acceptable than the other. Explain, to me, why it is MORE wrong to kill an openly gay man than it is to kill a heterosexual who refused the advances of a gay man. No, I do not see the difference. Murder is murder. A human life was taken without just cause. But, as pointed out, no outrage. No 'hate crime'. So, please, enlighten me.
First, your point that murder is murder is very correct. That is where they are the same. And it is not "more wrong" to kill either of the two. That is an incorrect conclusion.

But in other ways they are completely different.

Case 1. Matthew Shepard. He was specifically targeted for attack by two men because he was gay. Their intent, proven by both their girl friend's testimony and other evidence showed that they plotted this beforehand. They picked him up at the bar and was robbed, pistol whipped, tortured, tied to a fence in a remote, rural area, and left to die.

Case 2. Jason Shepard. Jason Shepard was attacked and killed by Bill Smithson, an openly homosexual man, who slipped the victim the date rape drug GHD and attempted to rape him. It appears that the "openly homosexual" part of the crime was not relevant. It does not say that Shepard was straight and resisted, nor does it say that Smithson targeted Shepard for anything other than rape.

If Jason Shepard had been Janet Shepard who had been drugged with GHD and an attempted rape had resulted in murder, it would not even make the news.

So the obvious, blatant difference is that one group of two guys went after a GAY specifically, with the intent to harm and the other guy went after a rape where sexual orientation has not been shown to be an element of the case.

Both are very sad examples of human behavior. Only one is a hate crime.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
mcbear is offline  
post #14 of 126 (permalink) Old 11-29-2008, 07:58 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
mcbear's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Location: The BlueGrass State
Posts: 29,579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomline1 View Post
Um, is that what they call beastiality in Kentucky? Excuse me, I think I hear banjos playing....
That's bestiality. And I am not sure, I don't hang with the farm boys. But bestiality would be what I would consider a "crime against nature". Well, that and oil spills, forest arson...

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
mcbear is offline  
post #15 of 126 (permalink) Old 11-29-2008, 08:00 PM
Surely A Large Human
 
Qubes's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Location: Between Earth and Mars
Posts: 34,252
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
^ allowing Jayhawk to eat in public....
Qubes is online now  
post #16 of 126 (permalink) Old 11-29-2008, 08:12 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member
 
Date registered: Apr 2008
Posts: 359
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
Case 1. Matthew Shepard. He was specifically targeted for attack by two men because he was gay. Their intent, proven by both their girl friend's testimony and other evidence showed that they plotted this beforehand. They picked him up at the bar and was robbed, pistol whipped, tortured, tied to a fence in a remote, rural area, and left to die.

Case 2. Jason Shepard. Jason Shepard was attacked and killed by Bill Smithson, an openly homosexual man, who slipped the victim the date rape drug GHD and attempted to rape him. It appears that the "openly homosexual" part of the crime was not relevant. It does not say that Shepard was straight and resisted, nor does it say that Smithson targeted Shepard for anything other than rape.

If Jason Shepard had been Janet Shepard who had been drugged with GHD and an attempted rape had resulted in murder, it would not even make the news.

So the obvious, blatant difference is that one group of two guys went after a GAY specifically, with the intent to harm and the other guy went after a rape where sexual orientation has not been shown to be an element of the case.

Both are very sad examples of human behavior. Only one is a hate crime.
Jason Shepard was killed because the date rape drug he was given obviously didn't work well enough and he was lucid enough to resist the perverted advances of the homosexual. Hence enraging, Mr. colon cowboy. So because of his heterosexuality he was targeted and murdered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
That's bestiality. And I am not sure, I don't hang with the farm boys. But bestiality would be what I would consider a "crime against nature". Well, that and oil spills, forest arson...

So you think engaging in sodomy with another man is "natural?"

Both homosexuality and beastiality are both mental illnesses that should be addressed.
CLK Operator is offline  
post #17 of 126 (permalink) Old 11-29-2008, 08:18 PM
Surely A Large Human
 
Qubes's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Location: Between Earth and Mars
Posts: 34,252
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Idiotic fuck....Criminitly.
Qubes is online now  
post #18 of 126 (permalink) Old 11-29-2008, 08:24 PM
~BANNED~
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2002 clk320
Location: Lancaster, Kentucky
Posts: 8,498
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
McBear, are you gay? I am starting to wonder, everytime we meet up you are always smiling at me. I AM STRAIGHT.
the clk man is offline  
post #19 of 126 (permalink) Old 11-29-2008, 08:27 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
mcbear's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Location: The BlueGrass State
Posts: 29,579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLK Operator View Post
Jason Shepard was killed because the date rape drug he was given obviously didn't work well enough and he was lucid enough to resist the perverted advances of the homosexual. Hence enraging, Mr. colon cowboy. So because of his heterosexuality he was targeted and murdered.
Nowhere in the article does it say that the victim was heterosexual. YOU assumed that. Nowhere in the article does it say that he was targeted "because of his heterosexuality". YOU simply made that up.


Quote:
So you think engaging in sodomy with another man is "natural?"

Both homosexuality and beastiality are both mental illnesses that should be addressed.
I have found from over 50 years on this earth that what other people do in their PRIVATE lives is absolutely none of MY business. Nor is it anyone's business what I do in my PRIVATE live. It is why it is PRIVATE. While YOUR religion might believe that sodomy is wrong, that is YOUR belief, not the belief of everyone.

And you might want to brush up on what constitutes mental illness. Homosexuality has not been considered in that category for a long time. As for bestiality, I would assume it still is, for a pretty good reason. I feel sorry for the animals.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
mcbear is offline  
post #20 of 126 (permalink) Old 11-29-2008, 08:27 PM
Will Moderate For Cigars
 
cmitch's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4MATIC, 2010 F150 Crew Cab
Location: City on the TN River
Posts: 10,691
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
First, your point that murder is murder is very correct. That is where they are the same. And it is not "more wrong" to kill either of the two. That is an incorrect conclusion.

But in other ways they are completely different.

Case 1. Matthew Shepard. He was specifically targeted for attack by two men because he was gay. Their intent, proven by both their girl friend's testimony and other evidence showed that they plotted this beforehand. They picked him up at the bar and was robbed, pistol whipped, tortured, tied to a fence in a remote, rural area, and left to die.

Case 2. Jason Shepard. Jason Shepard was attacked and killed by Bill Smithson, an openly homosexual man, who slipped the victim the date rape drug GHD and attempted to rape him. It appears that the "openly homosexual" part of the crime was not relevant. It does not say that Shepard was straight and resisted, nor does it say that Smithson targeted Shepard for anything other than rape.

If Jason Shepard had been Janet Shepard who had been drugged with GHD and an attempted rape had resulted in murder, it would not even make the news.

So the obvious, blatant difference is that one group of two guys went after a GAY specifically, with the intent to harm and the other guy went after a rape where sexual orientation has not been shown to be an element of the case.

Both are very sad examples of human behavior. Only one is a hate crime.
While you choose to argue your point from a 'legal' perspective, I am going to argue mine from a moral perspective. ALL crime is hate. It's either hate for the person that it's committed against, hate for the simple fact that person may possess more, look better or fare much better (jealousy breeds hate) or hate for the respect due the person it's perpetrated against or the laws written and enforced to prevent such crimes. Liberals attempt to assign a 'tag' or a name to EVERYTHING. It should be just as repulsive that a gay man was murdered because he was gay or a heterosexual murdered because he wouldn't play gay with the aggressor. The aggressor should be awarded no extra points because he doesn't fit in to the square hole that is assigned for specific crimes. Crime is crime. No difference. All wrong. Burglary is burglary, murder is murder, rape is rape.

It is quite interesting, no matter how you personally feel about religion, how the very foundations of our laws was based in Mosaic law (i.e. thou shalt not kill (murder), thou shalt not steal, thou shalt not bear false witness, etc.) and, over the years, our criminal laws have been changed to suit the nature of the times instead of remaining constant against the nature of the crimes. Notice how no discerning circumstances were laid out in the Mosaic law such as: 'Well, he stole because his children were hungry' or 'He killed his brother because his brother insulted him in front of his family' or 'it's okay that he SAID he saw it, even though he didn't. That guy had it coming to him'. The laws were pretty plain and so were the punishments laid out for them.

We, as humans, seek to justify our actions and positions by constantly rewriting moral codes for our society. If you will take note, this has been the foundation of nearly every failed government throughout history. Laws initially intended to be applied equally across the board tend to get butchered and rewritten in order to pursue a group's own agenda, in this case, equality and discrimination. The irony is that equality is sacrificed and discrimination is committed pursuing these very laws intended to stop it. So, if a society wishes to be consistent, then there would be no such designation as a 'hate crime', since crime is already wrong and it took hate to commit it. So, any society that pursues the present course our legal system is in will fail and fail miserably to pursue equal justice for all.

2005 S430 4Matic 'Morton' W220.183 • 722.671 Rest in Peace

Bells and whistles are thorns and thistles.
cmitch is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    I think Tim Russett was murdered FeelTheLove Off-Topic 15 06-14-2008 12:33 PM
    Outcry over TV kidney competition GeeS Off-Topic 5 06-01-2007 12:01 AM
    Fido wuz murdered FeelTheLove Off-Topic 11 03-23-2007 10:10 PM
    I am waiting for the outcry to investigate wiretap leaks MS Fowler Off-Topic 11 01-02-2006 02:48 PM
    Call to kill terrorists 'in the name of the Lord' sparks outcry GeeS Off-Topic 25 11-13-2004 10:01 PM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome