I rushed to judgement and I must apoologise, GM does need the bailout.......... - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 11:58 PM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
I rushed to judgement and I must apoologise, GM does need the bailout..........

But those other 2 lazy good for nothing car manufacturers, I say let them suck it, roll'em up and send'em packing, they don't deserve a bailout they deserve a fuck up the ass.

Now would you gentlemen please write everyone of your representatives and push for the GM bailout to help the car industry grow and save this good company..........

Ok, I was joking, I do however deplore you to write your State representatives and email them the story below about how GM will take some of that bailout cash and give to GM Indonesia for expansion. This is sickening to see this shit........

GM Indonesia to start new plant in 2009 despite U.S. problems

The Jakarta Post, Jakarta

Despite the problems back home in the United States, PT General Motor Indonesia is showing its commitment to Indonesia by laying out big plans for next year -- three new models will be released, new outlets will open and construction will start on a new plant.

While the leaders of the GM parent company are making major efforts to mobilize a bailout from the U.S. government, GM Indonesia is optimistic about its future here, managing director Mukiat Sutikno said on Wednesday.

"We're here to stay. We have no plan to withdraw investments from the country.

"We are even going to release three new models in Indonesia next year, one of which will be released no later than the first quarter of 2009," he said.

A new plant will start to be constructed next year, he said, although no exact timing was given.

At present, GM cars entering Indonesia are completely built up from plants in Thailand and Korea. As of the end of October, GM Indonesia has sold 248 Aveos, 425 Kalos, 70 Optra Magnums, 90 GM Estates and 1,469 Captivas.

Prospects in Indonesia remain very positive, he said, adding that the company had recently opened new distribution outlets in Cirebon in West Java, Jambi in Sumatra, Pontianak in Kalimantan, and Sorong in Papua.

Sales in Indonesia in the first ten months of the year stood at 2,303 units, a significant increase from the total 2007 sales of 1,400 units.

"We hope we will have sold 2,800 units by December," Mukiat said.

Still, next year's sales will likely drop by 30 percent, in line with a decline in the whole automotive industry, he said.

"Eighty percent of Indonesian customers' financing comes from credit loans and the down payments will rise to an average 40 percent of the price. This surely will slow down car purchases."

GM considers Indonesia to be one of its 11 emerging markets, along with Brazil, China, India, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Russia, South Africa, Thailand and Turkey.

"This means Indonesia will be one of the company's main production bases," he said.

GM Indonesia is 100 percent owned by GM Corporation.

The Jakarta Post - GM Indonesia to start new plant in 2009 despite U.S. problems
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-27-2008, 02:38 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)
Gosh. I wonder what changed your mind?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-27-2008, 03:21 AM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

(Thread Starter)
Shane if you read paragraph 3, I believe it is atrocious and fucking ludicrous that GM is asking for money from the US taxpayers and then would send some of it here for a new factory here. Please someone contact your senators and make sure they are aware of this article and these quotes out of it.

You guys, please make sure someone on that Senate Panel are aware and someone quieries Wagoner on this crap and he gives his eord none of this bailout money comes here to build this factory. It is not fair to the US taxpapyer.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-27-2008, 06:10 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: 560 SEL Euro
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
saudis cant live without the big suvs and some gotta make them!

Fuel economy!! whats that??
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-27-2008, 10:01 AM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

(Thread Starter)
Another reason to do what I ask, contact your Senator.......

GM Asks U.S. FAA to Bar Public Tracking of Leased Corporate Jet

Nov. 27 (Bloomberg) -- General Motors Corp., criticized by U.S. lawmakers for its use of corporate jets, asked aviation regulators to block the public’s ability to track a plane it uses.

“We availed ourselves of the option as others do to have the aircraft removed” from a Federal Aviation Administration tracking service, a GM spokesman, Greg Martin, said yesterday in an interview. He declined to discuss why GM made the request.

Flight data show that the leased Gulfstream Aerospace G-IV jet flew Nov. 18 from Detroit to Washington, where Chief Executive Officer Richard Wagoner Jr. spoke to a Senate committee that day and a House panel the next day on behalf of a $25 billion auto-industry rescue plan.

Representatives at the Nov. 19 House hearing including Democrat Gary Ackerman of New York faulted Wagoner, Ford Motor Co. CEO Alan Mulally and Chrysler LLC CEO Robert Nardelli for taking private jets to Washington to plead their case.

“Couldn’t you all have downgraded to first class?” Ackerman said.

Symbol for Critics

Critics of a federal aid package for GM, Ford and Chrysler spotlighted the exchange to attack the money-losing companies as undeserving of a bailout. GM, the biggest U.S. automaker, has said it may run out of operating cash by year’s end without government loans.

The Gulfstream jet was leased from GE Capital Solutions in Danbury, Connecticut, a unit of General Electric Co. After the plane’s latest flight to Washington on Nov. 25, and from there to Dallas, its movements could no longer be tracked.

An FAA spokeswoman, Laura Brown, said she couldn’t immediately determine whether her agency had granted GM’s flight-privacy request. “We do this routinely” for aircraft owners, she said yesterday. “They don’t have to have a reason” for requesting the block, she said.

The FAA tracking data don’t identify who is aboard the flights.

GM also has seven planes in its own fleet. All were grounded yesterday, said a spokesman, Tom Wilkinson. Two are for sale and two are in the process of being listed for sale, while Detroit-based GM plans to keep three, he said.

The leased Gulfstream has made 10 trips to Washington this year, including three since October, according to data compiled by Houston-based flight-tracking service FlightAware.com.

GM said it often sub-leases the airplane to other users. GM officials said company employees weren’t aboard the jet on the final Nov. 25 flights before its movements ceased being tracked.

Bloomberg.com: Worldwide
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-27-2008, 10:30 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)
GM has been too good to me to remotely justify any ill will leveled in their direction.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-27-2008, 03:57 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2005
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakarta Expat View Post

Ok, I was joking, I do however deplore you to write your State representatives and....

implore them to spend more on public education, right?

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Seneca
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in