BenzWorld Elitist
Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 397 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
10 Lessons of Prostate Cancer

There's still more cancer in my family lately. It's beyond belief. No, no prostate cancer, yet, but a couple points struck me.
"Insurance can cause more stress than cancer. The goal of your insurer — no matter how singular or complex your case is — is to try to turn you into a statistical clich√©, a cipher, in the face of your very human flesh-and-blood disease. In the months after my diagnosis, as my wife and I struggled to find the right pair of highly-skilled hands to perform my potentially difficult surgery, wrestling with my insurer caused me more grief, stress and depression than my cancer did. In our modern health-care-industrial-complex — and I’m talking about the bureaucrats who try to herd you into the cheapest cattle car available, not the nurses and doctors who are on the front lines — the emphasis is neither on health nor care, but on the bottom line. It’s our job, as patients, to resist with all our strength.
And then this one. One stupid bitch tore my arm to shreds--my entire forearm was black by the time she was done, as she'd left a vein open--and then blamed me for not warning her how "difficult" my veins were. When in fact I'd never had trouble before in my entire life
"Not all blood techs are created equal. Some glide that needle into your vein as if they’re figure-skating on your arm. Others jab and stab as if they got their only training from watching the “Saw” movies. (By the way, only blood is “blood red.”)
10 Lessons of Prostate Cancer - Well Blog - NYTimes.com
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-25-2008, 09:34 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Feb 2006
Vehicle: 1999 ML320
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Old age is not for the timid.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-26-2008, 12:32 AM
Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I agree with the summary of nurses and drawing bood, some are angels, some are blood thursty savages who could not hit a vein if the fucking thing was spurting blood out of yur arm.

As for the insurance company, really guys I have have never had these kinds of problems here, they listen to my doctor and they let him make the choicve on what treatment I recieve and when I check out of the hospital and I have always been asked "Do you want to leave in a couple of days or do you think you need a few days longer" really guys I don't see this get the hell out attitude from my insurance company here. International Health Insurance¬*-¬*Buy your insurance online
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: