I'm really getting frustrated with these 'I don't check shit and don't care about the real facts, I just forward it' shit. Here's this morning's latest:
Good food for thought on a Monday morning.....
Nothing needs to be said... Ford, Chrysler and GM's contributions
An interesting commentary...You might find this of interest:
'CNN Headline News did a short news listing regarding Ford and GM's
contributions to the relief and recovery efforts in New York and
The findings are as follows.....
1. Ford- $10 million to American Red Cross matching employee
contributions of the same number plus 10 Excursions to NY Fire Dept.
The company also offered ER response ! team services and office space
to displaced government employees.
2. GM- $10 million to American Red Cross matching employee
contributions of the same number and a fleet of vans, suv's, and trucks.
3. Daimler Chrysler- $10 million to support of the children and victims
of the Sept. 11 attack.
4. Harley Davidson motorcycles- $1 million and 30 new motorcycles to the
New York Police Dept.
5. Volkswagen-Employees and management created a Sept 11 Foundation,
funded initial with $2 million, for the assistance of the children and
victims of the WTC.
6. Hyundai- $300,000 t
o the American Red Cross.
9. Daewoo- Nothing.
11. Honda- Nothing despite boasting of second best sales month ever in
12. Isuzu- Nothing.
15. Porsche-Nothing. Press release with condolences via the Porsche
16. Subaru- Nothing.
17. Suzuki- Nothing.
18. Toyota-Nothing despite claims of high sales in July and August 2001.
Condolences posted on the website Whenever the time may be for you to
purchase or lease a new vehicle, keep this information in mind. You
nt to give more consideration to a car manufactured by an
American-owned and / or American based company. Apart from Hyundai and
Volkswagen, the foreign car companies contributed nothing at all to the
citizens of the United States ... It's OK for these companies to take
money out of this country, but it is apparently not acceptable to
return some in a time of crisis. I believe we should not forget things
like this. Say thank you in a way that gets their attention..
++++ Pass it on, I just did. ++++
Now, for the truth:
snopes.com: 9/11 Automotive Contributions