Anyone think a Porsche is out of the question? - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-22-2008, 11:36 PM
~BANNED~
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Posts: 41,649
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)
Leasing is bad, you are betting against yourself and paying for any mistakes to someone else. I suggest a G500 that is several years old. More status, better build quality, and good resale value if purchased used and correctly.
Shane is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 12:08 AM
~BANNED~
 
Jakarta Expat's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Posts: 17,697
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
Leasing is bad, you are betting against yourself and paying for any mistakes to someone else. I suggest a G500 that is several years old. More status, better build quality, and good resale value if purchased used and correctly.

The ride quality is not nearly as smooth as the Cayenne or the Touareg especially with air suspension and that 5 liter engine will such the petrol.
Jakarta Expat is offline  
post #13 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 12:10 AM
~BANNED~
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Posts: 41,649
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakarta Expat View Post
The ride quality is not nearly as smooth as the Cayenne or the Touareg especially with air suspension and that 5 liter engine will such the petrol.
Fuck ride quality, it is an SUV after all. Gas should be a non issue in this class range. I understand for you and your surroundings it is, but not so much in Oklahoma.
Shane is offline  
post #14 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 12:13 AM
~BANNED~
 
Jakarta Expat's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Posts: 17,697
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
Fuck ride quality, it is an SUV after all. Gas should be a non issue in this class range. I understand for you and your surroundings it is, but not so much in Oklahoma.

The ride quality of the Touareg with air is as good or better than my 06 E class without air.
Jakarta Expat is offline  
post #15 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 04:03 AM
Outstanding Contributor
 
eric242340's Avatar
 
Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
Location: The wild west of the Far East
Posts: 52,171
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakarta Expat View Post
The ride quality of the Touareg with air is as good or better than my 06 E class without air.
I cannot speak for the Tourareg but with the porsche I find the only let down is the ride quality. They have three comfort/ride settings but the car feels the same in all settings, you feel every bump and feel like you are off-road all the time.

Also the fuel ecomeny is not too good, but then if you buy one of these you should not be looking for economy.

ERIC.

___________________________________________
"I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a friend, if you have one."
- George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill.

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second ... if there is one."
- Winston Churchill, in response.
eric242340 is offline  
post #16 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 04:55 AM
~BANNED~
 
Jakarta Expat's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Posts: 17,697
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric242340 View Post
I cannot speak for the Tourareg but with the porsche I find the only let down is the ride quality. They have three comfort/ride settings but the car feels the same in all settings, you feel every bump and feel like you are off-road all the time.

Also the fuel ecomeny is not too good, but then if you buy one of these you should not be looking for economy.

Well as I said I said I have an 08 Touareg is my garage now and it is not too bad without the air hopefully my air ride comes in the next couple of weeks.
Jakarta Expat is offline  
post #17 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 07:04 AM
Moderator
 
gerkebi's Avatar
 
Date registered: Oct 2005
Vehicle: 107, 115, 116, 123, 124, 126
Location: E-I-E-I-Ohio
Posts: 5,920
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I wish we could get the 6 cylinder diesel over here. I had a G500 for four years, my cousin had a Cayenne, and a friend had a Toureg. The G is a whole different animal, though it was a lot of fun. The Cayenne felt sportier than the Toureg.
gerkebi is offline  
post #18 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 07:09 AM
~BANNED~
 
Jakarta Expat's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Posts: 17,697
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerkebi View Post
I wish we could get the 6 cylinder diesel over here. I had a G500 for four years, my cousin had a Cayenne, and a friend had a Toureg. The G is a whole different animal, though it was a lot of fun. The Cayenne felt sportier than the Toureg.
Order the Touareg V6 TDI with the air/sport suspension. Heard the V6 TDI will be in the States in mid March to mid April.

http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f4...tdi-18127.html
Jakarta Expat is offline  
post #19 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 07:51 AM
Cruise Control
 
Zeitgeist's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: '87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
Location: Cascadia
Posts: 51,730
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1427 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakarta Expat View Post
Order the Touareg V6 TDI with the air/sport suspension. Heard the V6 TDI will be in the States in mid March to mid April.
Dude, post pics or GTFO!
Zeitgeist is offline  
post #20 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 08:03 AM
~BANNED~
 
Jakarta Expat's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Posts: 17,697
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
Dude, post pics or GTFO!

Yeah Yeah busy today and raining all day (rainy season) not mine any way belongs to the CEO's wife. her daily driver with the kids. Give me a day or so.
Jakarta Expat is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    What do you think of Porsche? eric242340 Off-Topic 45 08-02-2008 03:16 PM
    The morality equation Botnst Off-Topic 17 01-15-2008 12:35 PM
    Interpret this equation DP Off-Topic 4 07-31-2007 12:51 PM
    PORSCHE TOO? MBZ300CD C219 CLS-Class 1 12-15-2005 05:31 PM
    are porsche brakes really that good?i see a lot of tuned cars that replace the OEM w/ Porsche brakes Mind-X R170 SLK-Class 5 02-25-2001 08:00 PM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome