DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleewell View Post
listen here mr. smartypants - you will agree with me and not point out when i have made a mistake. if i choose to argue with myself i don't appreciate you pointing that out. understood?

and for your knowledge i have yet to partake today, i am at work and obviously i take my job very seriously.
put down the doubie, step away from the computer then come back later
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-21-2008, 11:58 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I have one relative who is a chronic alcoholic, and another who is a chronic pot head, both in their late fifties. The alcoholic holds a big time job as a university registra. His kids all hate him, he has a line of ex-wives looking for him and is probably the most unhappy man I know, whom everyone avoids because he is a guaranteed embarassing social situation, and I doubt he will see seventy.

The other one, the pot head, is a chronically unemployeed carpenter who has more kids than he can afford to support, or more like it, is too lazy to support, who has an ex wife who gave up on him long ago. He thinks astrology can really tell the future, and that alien civilizations are a part of everyday life here in America. Everyone avoids him because he is a guaranteed ridiculous conversation on things that don't exist. But I must say, he doesn't seem as unhappy as the drunk, is in much better shape physically and actually looks his age, unlike the drunk, who looks like he is ten years older than he is.

So the lesson in all of this is, if you want to be one of life's losers, stick with weed, you get most of the same results, but hey, you can live with yourself better.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #23 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-21-2008, 12:05 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove View Post
I have one relative who is a chronic alcoholic, and another who is a chronic pot head, both in their late fifties. The alcoholic holds a big time job as a university registra. His kids all hate him, he has a line of ex-wives looking for him and is probably the most unhappy man I know, whom everyone avoids because he is a guaranteed embarassing social situation, and I doubt he will see seventy.

The other one, the pot head, is a chronically unemployeed carpenter who has more kids than he can afford to support, or more like it, is too lazy to support, who has an ex wife who gave up on him long ago. He thinks astrology can really tell the future, and that alien civilizations are a part of everyday life here in America. Everyone avoids him because he is a guaranteed ridiculous conversation on things that don't exist. But I must say, he doesn't seem as unhappy as the drunk, is in much better shape physically and actually looks his age, unlike the drunk, who looks like he is ten years older than he is.

So the lesson in all of this is, if you want to be one of life's losers, stick with weed, you get most of the same results, but hey, you can live with yourself better.

Which handle does this one post here under?
post #24 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-21-2008, 12:09 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Yoseyman. That's why I ignore him.

Did I mention I have a cousin named Botnst?

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #25 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-21-2008, 12:52 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Sep 2008
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
I don't some much weed anymore. But, I really like it when I ride motorcycles, especially in Big Bend. It's a zen thing. Plus, riding in that prehistoric scenery is pretty cool stoned.

Works well in Colorado too.

But not such a good idea when riding Imogene Pass.

I like this shot in Marfa.

When devils will the blackest sins put on, they do suggest, at first with heavenly shows - Othello

Last edited by cozette; 11-21-2008 at 01:45 PM.
post #26 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-21-2008, 01:26 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Senior Member

(Thread Starter)
Potheads on motorcycles need to go...

When devils will the blackest sins put on, they do suggest, at first with heavenly shows - Othello
post #27 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-21-2008, 01:50 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: 03 Corvette Z06;08 GMC Acadia;84 230CE MANUAL Euro;12 Acura TL Tech Pkg; 02 Lexus LS430 Ultra Luxury
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
post #28 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-21-2008, 02:53 PM
CH4S Artist

Vehicle: 1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 956 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Decriminalize drugs, and remove organized crime from the equation.
post #29 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-21-2008, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Senior Member

(Thread Starter)
Amsterdam moves to close a fifth of 'coffee shops'

By TOBY STERLING, Associated Press Writer Toby Sterling, Associated Press Writer
Fri Nov 21, 2:03 pm ET

AMSTERDAM, Netherlands – Amsterdam will close almost a fifth of its marijuana cafes to comply with a national ban on having them near schools, the mayor said Friday.

Another city, Eindhoven, said it would start issuing permits to marijuana growers in order to better regulate the trade — if the national government approves.

The plans were announced as 33 major Dutch cities held a "weed summit" to discuss the nation's long-standing policy of tolerating marijuana use while routinely arresting growers.

Marijuana is technically illegal in the Netherlands, but can be sold in small amounts in designated cafes — euphemistically known as "coffee shops" — without fear of prosecution. More than a quarter of the country's cafes are in Amsterdam, where they are a major tourist attraction.

But Mayor Job Cohen said the city would close about 20 percent of its cafes.

Those included some landmarks, such as The Bulldog — a high-traffic shop operating since 1985 in a former police station on one of the city's main squares.

Letters have been sent to 43 shops located within 250 meters (yards) of a high school informing them they will have to close by the end of 2011 if they cannot successfully appeal the decision, Amsterdam spokeswoman Iris Reshef said. Though she added that the city did not have any major problems with the cafes.

But other cities closer to the Netherlands' borders have expressed frustration at being bombarded by "drug tourists" from Germany, France or Belgium seeking to stock up on marijuana — an often finding ways to bypass a 5 gram (1/5 ounce) purchase limit.

"If the border areas shut down tomorrow, then (inland cities) Den Helder and Almere will soon be suffering," said Mayor Geert Leers of the southern border city Maastricht.

Representatives at the summit Friday in Almere, 20 kilometers (12 miles) east of Amsterdam, also discussed the policy of arresting growers, which left cafes with no way to legally source their most lucrative product.

Eindhoven Mayor Rob van Gijzel said his city wanted to set up a pilot scheme of issuing permits to growers.

"People will be able to ask for a permit to grow for fixed prices," he said after the summit. "It'll be regulated in terms of produce and revenues, but also movement, in transports to the coffee shops."

Amsterdam backed the idea of expanding the tolerance policy to growers, the city spokeswoman said, noting it could help keep organized crime out.

"We don't have any insight to what goes on behind the back door," Reshef said. "What we need is a closed supply chain."

But the national government must approve the scheme, and it was unclear how long that could take or if it was even likely. Polls suggest most voters support decriminalizing marijuana cultivation, but the coalition government is led by the conservative Christian Democrats, which opposes it.

Justice Minister Ernst Hirsch Ballin said Thursday he had "no intention" of changing national marijuana policy.

The Dutch Parliament voted to regulate growers once before in 2005, but the government refused, saying it would lead to a confrontation with the European Union.

According to data compiled by the Netherlands' Trimbos Institute for Mental Health and Addiction, after 30 years of the Dutch tolerance policy, usage rates here are somewhere in the middle of international norms — above those in Germany and the Scandinavian countries, but below those of France, Britain and the United States.

post #30 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-21-2008, 03:59 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2008
Quoted: 744 Post(s)
Off with the dopers heads!

© All photographs and likenesses of Multipurpose are protected under copyright
law. Any use of photographs in whole or in part is strictly prohibited
unless authorization is granted in writing by copyright holder. All rights
reserved.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in