Global Warming Advocates wonder why people do not believe them? - Page 6 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 250 (permalink) Old 11-17-2008, 11:59 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
If it's a "left" issue, why did the GOP nominate McCain? Why does Sarah Palin, when she isn't busy trying to figure out her ass from her elbow, endorse GCC? The only political faction who has a lockstep mentality on GCC theory is the AM Radio Right. Mainstream Republicans, Democrats and the rest of the world are actually having a thoughtful discussion about it, while you guys are simply, as usual the be-in-denial-about-everything-party, the same kind of thinking that got us deeper and deeper into Iraq, deeper and deeper into earmarks and debt, and deeper and deeper into the thinking that "all regulation is bad".

The title of your thread is a canard, where you state "the people" "don't believe it" is just a pile of utter bullshit, unless of course you define "the people" as Glenn Beck's audience, which I am sure you do. Millions of people living in New England see it every day. Millions of people living in the Pacific Northwest see it every day. The whole country sees it, with the exception of a bunch of AM radio nuts who feed off of "outrage" issues so they can get morons to call in and other morons to listen to morons who call in. This isn't an issue for you TNT, instead of serious scientific issues, you AM radio freaks should stick with moaning about whether men will please, for the sake of Jesus, just stop fucking each other in the ass and wanting to get married, or whether or not Obama is going to force your kids to wear pink condoms in kindergarten, those issues fit you guys better.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address

Last edited by FeelTheLove; 11-17-2008 at 12:07 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 250 (permalink) Old 11-17-2008, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2007
Vehicle: '98 E320 Wagon (non 4matic)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to TNTRower
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
Yes, and that is why hate radio and the mindless minions that actually listen to such drivel turned it into a political issue. Everything you post here is in lockstep with hate radio talking points, no?
I am not sure what you are referring to by hate radio.

My opinions are formed from many resources. As skeptic of any authority that tells me they know better about how to take care of me than I do (That is why I did not spend a full 20 years in the Corps. They know better than I do) I look at a person who is saying something and ask the question "What are you saying this?" When they give me their evidence and say this is a scientific fact and I find out that it is not a fact but an idea I kind of say "Whoa, wait a minute here. You want to spend my money on what?"

So if my views are similar to those with whom you disagree or by the sounds of it despise, please do us all the small courtesy of at least not calling people name and swearing in posts like FTL.

It really harshes my buzz.

Who's John Galt.

"Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes" - Virgil, The Aeneid, Book 2

If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel. --Benjamin Netayahu
post #53 of 250 (permalink) Old 11-17-2008, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2007
Vehicle: '98 E320 Wagon (non 4matic)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to TNTRower
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
If it's a "left" issue, why did the GOP nominate McCain? Why does Sarah Palin, when she isn't busy trying to figure out her ass from her elbow, endorse GCC? The only political faction who has a lockstep mentality on GCC theory is the AM Radio Right. Mainstream Republicans, Democrats and the rest of the world are actually having a thoughtful discussion about it, while you guys are simply, as usual the be-in-denial-about-everything-party, the same kind of thinking that got us deeper and deeper into Iraq, deeper and deeper into earmarks and debt, and deeper and deeper into the thinking that "all regulation is bad".

The title of your thread is a canard, where you state "the people" "don't believe it" is just a pile of utter bullshit, unless of course you define "the people" as Glenn Beck's audience, which I am sure you do. Millions of people living in New England see it every day. Millions of people living in the Pacific Northwest see it every day. The whole country sees it, with the exception of a bunch of AM radio nuts who feed off of "outrage" issues so they can get morons to call in and other morons to listen to morons who call in. This isn't an issue for you TNT, instead of serious scientific issues, you AM radio freaks should stick with moaning about whether men will please, for the sake of Jesus, just stop fucking each other in the ass and wanting to get married, or whether or not Obama is going to force your kids to wear pink condoms in kindergarten, those issues fit you guys better.
Wow I guess I really hit a nerve here.

Really FTL It is ok if you are a religious fundamentalist. Your religion is just "The Science of Global Warming."

Don't stroke out or anything. Just take some deep breaths...deep breath...exhale...there you go. Now here is a lollipop. Run along and go play in the shallow end of the pool now.
Attached Images

Who's John Galt.

"Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes" - Virgil, The Aeneid, Book 2

If the Arabs put down their weapons today, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons today, there would be no more Israel. --Benjamin Netayahu
post #54 of 250 (permalink) Old 11-17-2008, 12:58 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Hate (AM) radio is a source of opinions for people who apparently have difficulty forming their own. This wonderful industry has generated untold fortunes by peddling divisiveness and hatred to a brain-dead audience of miscreant followers who apparently crave proper direction. And as far as I can tell, your views are not your own, and I will hold to that opinion until you manage to break ranks and display an unmistakable bout of independent thought. You do seem to display enough potential to experience such a moment, if you didn't I wouldn't bother to mention it. I wait in breathless anticipation.

Can you at least appreciate what Al Gore managed to accomplish in the arena of global warming?

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #55 of 250 (permalink) Old 11-17-2008, 01:25 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Try a little simple logic:

then:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:M...Dioxide-en.svg

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

Last edited by FeelTheLove; 11-17-2008 at 02:07 PM.
post #56 of 250 (permalink) Old 11-17-2008, 01:50 PM
DP

Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
^^
Is that a page from the Bible?
post #57 of 250 (permalink) Old 11-17-2008, 02:03 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Just pretend the sun is Jesus.

post #58 of 250 (permalink) Old 11-17-2008, 02:03 PM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
That chart is as stupid as the first one. It shows the Earth reflecting every watt of energy that hits it. The goddamned numbers don't add up to anything sensible, and it's supposed to be a simple graphic. What is wrong with these people?
post #59 of 250 (permalink) Old 11-17-2008, 02:04 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
No it doesn't. Six arrows down, how many up?

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #60 of 250 (permalink) Old 11-17-2008, 02:05 PM
BenzWorld Elite

It's just instructive of the process, any way. The real meat is in the linkee just below it. Look at the process. Then look at the data. What conclusion is obvious?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in