"One who seems to have no first language" - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-16-2008, 07:54 PM
Forum Administrator RC Colas® & Moon Pies®

Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle: 1981 380SL 151K: 2001 E320 4Matic Estate 147K: 2008 E350 Sport 4Matic 120K: 2005 S500 116K
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1275 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR View Post
What he said was cogent and intelligible, even if it didn't answer the question. I've seen few political debates where candidates directly answered the question, unless that answer happened to be exactly what the candidate wanted to say on the matter.

Not exactly an apples-to-apples comparison of the vicodin-laced spittle that came out of Palin's cocksucker every time she opened it.
He answered all the others except for the Intel question he rightly declined to answer.

Vicodin-laced spittle?

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-16-2008, 07:56 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
My eyes are bleeding.

Vicodin-laced spittle?

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-16-2008, 08:00 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digmenow View Post
If the questioner (Jeff) listened to the speech, he undoubtedly heard this statement. I suppose it depends on how you define "hard working". Maybe that upper 5% doesn't do very much. Are some of them families? Will raising taxes on them help them? The question is valid.
No raising taxes won't help that 5%. But lowering taxes on 95% will help THEM. And since the top tier got a tax break the last eight years, maybe the flip would be fair.

In my opinion the tax break for EVERYONE will be off the table as this economic crisis worsens. At some point there will be a need to protect the revenue stream that is coming in and that will be the only way to do it.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-16-2008, 08:24 PM

Vehicle: 1981 380SL 151K: 2001 E320 4Matic Estate 147K: 2008 E350 Sport 4Matic 120K: 2005 S500 116K
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
No raising taxes won't help that 5%. But lowering taxes on 95% will help THEM. And since the top tier got a tax break the last eight years, maybe the flip would be fair.
Very good answer! Equates to a "Yes", agreed? That was the point I was making in response to Qube's "vicodin-laced spittle" post. Both parties declined to give an answer that resembled an intelligent response to the original question.

post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-16-2008, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elitist

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: Mercedes-Benz
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 420 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
If you think that Barack's responses are even remotely comparable to Sarah's, I won't try to convince you of anything.
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-16-2008, 09:35 PM

Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsden View Post
If you think that Barack's responses are even remotely comparable to Sarah's, I won't try to convince you of anything.
Barack Obama gave a press conference in which he answered all the fairly soft questions tossed to him about his intentions and plans, except the Intel and the tax question.

In Lauer's interview he's got the teenage daughter issue loaded up and tumbling from his mouth before Palin has finished answering his previous "biggest misconception" question. A question she answered by explaining how she had to deal with the poor reporting that was going on.

The issue about her daughter, taken in context with her previous response is understandably more emotional. He didn't even ask a question! She begins to respond to his statement and then he cuts her off with a direction changing clarification. Her response to (my shortening) "People said your pregnant daughter who is under 18 was getting married so you could be Vice President (inferred)." was an explanation to his vagueness by commenting that she and her family expected to take hits in order to serve.

Watch the clip. It's about 2 minutes into the clip.

VIDEO CLIP

LAUER: And when you sensed the excitement in that room as you concluded that speech, did you go into the wings of the stage and say, “Yes, this is going to go great”? And did you have any idea that about a month later, people would have the knives out for you?

S. PALIN: I did not know that it would be as brutal a ride as it turned out to be, in terms of some of the shots taken against my kids and the false allegations.

LAUER: What was the biggest misconception that you would have loved to have corrected at the time?

S. PALIN: It started off with the rumors, the speculation, even in mainstream media, that Trig wasn’t actually my child, that Trig was somebody else’s child and I faked a pregnancy. That was absolutely ridiculous. And it took days for that false allegation (inaudible) be corrected.

And then rumors right off the bat, too, that, you know, I was some -- some wacko. That as city manager I tried to ban the books in our local library, and they listed the books that supposedly I tried to ban, books like “Harry Potter” that hadn’t even been written when I was the mayor and the manager. And things like that, that so easily could have been corrected if -- if reporters would have done their job.

LAUER: Governor, there were whispers when it was revealed that Bristol was pregnant that she and Levi were going to get married because of political reasons.

S. PALIN: See, that...

LAUER: That this was the politically correct thing to have happen.

S. PALIN: Well, you know, there -- there, again, lots of rumor, lots of speculation. But, at the same time, you know, when those -- when those darts and those arrows started flying, I knew still, though, that we were on the right path in terms of offering ourselves up -- me, my family -- in the name of service to our country.

See Marsey, the difference here is that Obama is answering questions about what he plans to do in the future and Palin is responding to innuendo that has already taken place about her family.

post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-16-2008, 09:43 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Sarah Palin is the smartest woman in America.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-16-2008, 10:03 PM

Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
Sarah Palin is the smartest woman in America.

Sweet Jezuss! Barack Obama is a close second.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in