Acura NSX, What do you guys think? - Page 7 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 74 (permalink) Old 11-17-2008, 07:15 PM
~BANNED~
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Posts: 41,649
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)
not that there is anything wrong with that
Shane is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 74 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 06:26 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
Cancer_Researcher's Avatar
 
Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: 03 Corvette Z06;08 GMC Acadia;84 230CE MANUAL Euro;12 Acura TL Tech Pkg; 02 Lexus LS430 Ultra Luxury
Location: Somewhere, USA
Posts: 13,825
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandiegan View Post
The Acura NSX has silly resale values. Low supply, high demand. I'd get a much newer Honda S2000 for the Honda sports car money.
I have never liked it for 3 reasons:
1. I find it ugly
2. I think its a "girl car"
3. Every man I've seen driving it looked like a girly guy, metro-sexual type of a pussy, feminine guy:gay:

Its just not my style.
Cancer_Researcher is offline  
post #63 of 74 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 06:46 AM
Cruise Control
 
Zeitgeist's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: '87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
Location: Cascadia
Posts: 51,730
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1427 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
I think they look like a stretched Honda Del Sol, which begs the question; why?
Zeitgeist is offline  
post #64 of 74 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 06:57 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
Cancer_Researcher's Avatar
 
Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: 03 Corvette Z06;08 GMC Acadia;84 230CE MANUAL Euro;12 Acura TL Tech Pkg; 02 Lexus LS430 Ultra Luxury
Location: Somewhere, USA
Posts: 13,825
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
I think they look like a stretched Honda Del Sol, which begs the question; why?
You are absolutely right. Also I would want an NSX over this any day b/c:
1. You see s2000 everywhere but not the NSX
2. NSX was produced in limited quantities therefore will keep their values
3. NSX looks like an exotic car vs the s2000 which looks like a ricer
4. I like the mid engine location of the NSX
Cancer_Researcher is offline  
post #65 of 74 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 06:58 AM
Surely A Large Human
 
Qubes's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Location: Between Earth and Mars
Posts: 34,252
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cancer_Researcher View Post
I have never liked it for 3 reasons:
1. I find it ugly
2. I think its a "girl car"
3. Every man I've seen driving it looked like a girly guy, metro-sexual type of a pussy, feminine guy:gay:

Its just not my style.
Dunno about the "femme" thing, but they're very popular with the tuner crowd, which seems to be predominantly Asian. I know people in the S2K group here, and while it's true none of them are lumberjacks, they're very cool people and they do a lot of get-together events and touring days. Very inclusive.

It is funny though, when you scream by someone in an S2K who has done a lot to their car to make it fast and loud, with little more than a whisper.
Qubes is offline  
post #66 of 74 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 07:14 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
Cancer_Researcher's Avatar
 
Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: 03 Corvette Z06;08 GMC Acadia;84 230CE MANUAL Euro;12 Acura TL Tech Pkg; 02 Lexus LS430 Ultra Luxury
Location: Somewhere, USA
Posts: 13,825
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR View Post

It is funny though, when you scream by someone in an S2K who has done a lot to their car to make it fast and loud, with little more than a whisper.
I still can't understand why people do this to their cars. If they want a screaming sports car then just buy one instead of buying a piece of shit and spending so much more money on it that they could have easily afforded a good sports car anyways. As for me, I like to keep my cars bone stock. A few days ago, I was stopped at a red light and this kid with a Honda Civic (had obviously spent mega bucks on his ricer) stopped next to me with his loud mufflers and continuously revving up his ride. Another was right behind him with an eclipse. I couldn't stand the noise he was making so I rolled down my tinted windows and gave him a look like this----> It pissed him off so as soon as the lights turned, he floored it and took off only for us to meet at the next red light. When that turned green, I floored my naturally aspirated 2000 E320 and blew the doors off of him and did it in style and very quietly when I could still hear his car screaming behind me. He followed me to the parking lot of the shopping center and when I got out he came up to me and said, "Dude that was kool, what do you have under the hood and what mods have you done." You should have looked at his face when I told him that my car was completely original and was untouched and that he could buy one just like mine for less than 1/2 the money he has spent on his
I wish these teenagers would instead save all that money for college!
Cancer_Researcher is offline  
post #67 of 74 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 07:54 AM
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 64,125
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Get the NSX, if I was less practical I would too
DP is offline  
post #68 of 74 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 08:17 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
Cancer_Researcher's Avatar
 
Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: 03 Corvette Z06;08 GMC Acadia;84 230CE MANUAL Euro;12 Acura TL Tech Pkg; 02 Lexus LS430 Ultra Luxury
Location: Somewhere, USA
Posts: 13,825
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
Get the NSX, if I was less practical I would too
You are right, its not practical for me as well, being a family man. But as far as I go, I think I have deserved it. I have gone through medical school, came from practically not much, have taken a $40K job in research, have no money now, loans to pay back. I will be comfortable one day soon. (I still have to do my residency training) If I wait, I will be tooooooo freakin old to enjoy it then so time is now I think. I will take the plunge in about 10 months or so, HOPEFULLY (keeping my fingers crossed). In the meantime I will do my homework and research this car more. For practicality I have the E320 which I will keep until the wheels fall off, I think. Don't know how I will be able to afford to buy the NSX but I WILL find a way! I want to do something for "ME", only me!
Cancer_Researcher is offline  
post #69 of 74 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 08:21 AM
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 64,125
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cancer_Researcher View Post
You are right, its not practical for me as well, being a family man. But as far as I go, I think I have deserved it. I have gone through medical school, came from practically not much, have taken a $40K job in research, have no money now, loans to pay back. I will be comfortable one day soon. (I still have to do my residency training) If I wait, I will be tooooooo freakin old to enjoy it then so time is now I think. I will take the plunge in about 10 months or so, HOPEFULLY (keeping my fingers crossed). In the meantime I will do my homework and research this car more. For practicality I have the E320 which I will keep until the wheels fall off, I think. Don't know how I will be able to afford to buy the NSX but I WILL find a way! I want to do something for "ME", only me!
You have done something for yourself, you got an education that insured your survival. If I were you, at this stage, I would worry about investing, not spending!
You need to do it early not late, do it now before you have more expenses and "excuses" why you can't get your shit together.
DP is offline  
post #70 of 74 (permalink) Old 11-18-2008, 08:30 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
Cancer_Researcher's Avatar
 
Date registered: Feb 2008
Vehicle: 03 Corvette Z06;08 GMC Acadia;84 230CE MANUAL Euro;12 Acura TL Tech Pkg; 02 Lexus LS430 Ultra Luxury
Location: Somewhere, USA
Posts: 13,825
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
You have done something for yourself, you got an education that insured your survival. If I were you, at this stage, I would worry about investing, not spending!
You need to do it early not late, do it now before you have more expenses and "excuses" why you can't get your shit together.
You are very right.
Cancer_Researcher is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    Acura NSX Ripped To Shreds In Horrific Street Race Accident MBManiacz Off-Topic 4 06-24-2008 09:19 AM
    OT - I did it, I got my NSX bodypainter R170 SLK-Class 23 03-31-2005 11:59 PM
    Periokid, on your NSX Drag video, is that your 32 beating your NSX? Norb R170 SLK-Class 5 06-05-2003 10:35 AM
    OT: Periokid how do you like your NSX.... Norb R170 SLK-Class 3 05-21-2003 11:28 AM
    OT: Picking up my NSX today... Periokid R170 SLK-Class 17 05-11-2002 05:27 AM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome